*****OFFICIAL UNT vs. FAU GAME THREAD*****

UNTLifer

We suck. 

This is on the coaching staff. 

On like page 3 of this thread in the 1st quarter I said this is much like UTEP2016. We were unprepared and outmatched. Out coached and outmanned. The decent of decent teams don't let this happen, ever. They maintain somewhat of a competitive advantage, even in defeat. 

This is more embarrassing than anything I have witnessed, including the Portland State loss. At least in that game we had a sputtering coaching staff that was limping on its last leg against a quality opponent (FCS or not) that had already beaten Washington State. Time was out on that staff and regime and they practically knew it. That staff had a team that had quit on them and couldn't care less. Tonight, we shit the bed and there is literally nowhere else to look expect for directly at the coaching staff. The team had momentum, buy-in, decent wins, offensive prowess, etc. 

It's pitiful and I don't have much else to say. I'm contemplating on pulling out the remaining 3 games....Attendance from this point will speak for itself...That will be a definitive statement. 

1 step forward, 2 steps back...The UNT way. 

-1 all you want. The 69 points speak louder than anything I will ever be able to say. 

LK might not even be able to get real credit for this victory...Because the common fan will see the opponent and be like, "Oh, well, it's North Texas." Because that's the common thing people are use to seeing. -1 me though. Go give SL a handshake a hug off the plane while you're at it and tell him how awesome he is. Who am I kidding, I'm sure you'll be doing that at Rudy's on Tuesday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Ok.ok. I get it. Other than over coming this embarrassment the thing WB and others is they have to start over trying to get people to buy I into NT football. The half full stadium will remain the rest of the year.....to bad...they had a shot though.

• Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

We suck. 

On like page 3 of this thread in the 1st quarter I said this is much like UTEP2016. We were unprepared and outmatched. Out coached and outmanned. The decent of decent teams don't let this happen, ever. They maintain somewhat of a competitive advantage, even in defeat. 

This is more embarrassing than anything I have witnessed, including the Portland State loss. At least in that game we had a sputtering coaching staff that was limping on its last leg against a quality opponent (FCS or not) that had already beaten Washington State. Time was out on that staff and regime and they practically knew it. That staff had a team that had quit on them and couldn't care less. Tonight, we shit the bed and there is literally nowhere else to look expect for directly at the coaching staff. The team had momentum, buy-in, decent wins, offensive prowess, etc. 

It's pitiful and I don't have much else to say. I'm contemplating on pulling out the remaining 3 games....Attendance from this point will speak for itself...That will be a definitive statement. 

-1 all you want. The 69 points speak louder than anything I will ever be able to say. 

LK might not even be able to get real credit for this victory...Because the common fan will see the opponent and be like, "Oh, well, it's North Texas." Because that's the common thing people are use to seeing. -1 me though. Go give SL a handshake a hug off the plane while you're at it and tell him how awesome he is. Who am I kidding, I'm sure you'll be doing that at Rudy's on Tuesday. 

NT90 create a new account? 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNTGuy5 said:

Is it ok to post criticism of this team, or is it supposed to be rainbows and sunshine?  

My bad.  You're just a guy with nothing better to do.  

Don't criticize the players, but criticize the coaches they are the ones being paid $$$ to get said players focused and ready

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, UNTGuy5 said:

Is it ok to post criticism of this team, or is it supposed to be rainbows and sunshine?  

It's OK to post your thoughts and opinions. If they infringe on feelings, so what. Coach and/or play better and your feelings will be intact. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTGuy5 said:

To the first part, no...I think everyone should be critical after a game like this. But to try and come off like an intelligent, rational adult rather than a petulant child in doing so. Not "this team sucks, I quit as a fan". That's just whining and self-serving.

to the second part...true...I'm unemployed and living out of a 2003 Subaru Baja. I have watched every game from a different towns dive bar though...so I got that going for me.

In the end though,  we're watching the same game and posting to the same board...at least it's not even 7p where I am right now. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Don't criticize the players, but criticize the coaches they are the ones being paid $$$ to get said players focused and ready

Using this logic, should we give no credit to the players when they perform well? Look, yes this was a coaching FUBAR, however, there were players who were in place to make plays that fell short.

• Lovely Take 2

4 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

To the first part, no...I think everyone should be critical after a game like this. But to try and come off like an intelligent, rational adult rather than a petulant child in doing so. Not "this team sucks, I quit as a fan". That's just whining and self-serving.

to the second part...true...I'm unemployed and living out of a 2003 Subaru Baja. I have watched every game from a different towns dive bar though...so I got that going for me.

In the end though,  we're watching the same game and posting to the same board...at least it's not even 7p where I am right now. 

You don't get it man!!!1!  We're never going to win another game

Tantrum-Throwing-a-fit-Veruca-Salt-Rage-

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

We suck. 

Question no answer, you've never seen a team come out and lay an inexplicable egg?? Shit happens in sports, I'm as pissed as anyone FWIW.  But I also thought FAU would have their way with us

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Question no answer, you've never seen a team come out and lay an inexplicable egg?? Shit happens in sports, I'm as pissed as anyone FWIW.  But I also thought FAU would have their way with us

Yes to first Q. But not like this. 

I predicted FAU to win this game. I thought the game last week would take too much out of them, so I thought FAU would pull this game out. But not like this, nothing like this. Little did I know, Littrell had them sunbathing today. Just the perfect cocktail for 3 hours of dehydration and exhaustion. I can only imagine Nick Saban does this kind of stuff pregame. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I don't have a have any regrets from my initial post.  This team was garbage tonight.  And, if you've been following the Mean Green for any length of time, you know it's damn near impossible to be a die hard fan with amount of ineptitude surrounding this program.  

We all must love the punishment.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Well stated 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well stated 

Self serving is pretty much spot on.

Some people would rather be right, not matter what.  Even if they have to keep changing their story.  Even if they have to directly contradict themselves.  Even if they have to end up taking the exact opposite position by the end of the argument.  Just never admit you were wrong.  

1 minute ago, UNTGuy5 said:

I don't have a have any regrets from my initial post.  This team was garbage tonight.  And, if you've been following the Mean Green for any length of time, you know it's damn near impossible to be a die hard fan with amount of ineptitude surrounding this program.  

We all must love the punishment.  

You don't love your kids because they're smart or talented or pretty. You love your kids because they're yours.

UNT has a mediocre athletic program. They do now and they did when you made the decision to support them. You made that bed. Unless you're willing to drop millions into the program, you're going to have to be satisfied with slow progress and occasional embarrassing setbacks. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

You don't love your kids because they're smart or talented or pretty. You love your kids because they're yours.

UNT has a mediocre athletic program. They do now and they did when you made the decision to support them. You made that bed. Unless you're willing to drop millions into the program, you're going to have to be satisfied with slow progress and occasional embarrassing setbacks. 

Luckily I don't have any kids.

I just wish we could keep a moderate level of growth in the program.  Not just a glimmer of hope, then an major embarrassing setback.

If they grow as a team and go out the rest of the season and kick everyone's ass, the that's terrific, and I'll still cheer for them the whole way.  

But, there is absolutely no reason to go out and get your ass beat like they did tonight.  If it makes me a bad fan for saying so, then so be it.  

So I have one question first before I dig in.  Has anyone seen anything from this defense to warrant DC keeping its job?   The biggest mistake UTSA made last week was not going for it on 4th down get a first down and run out the clock.  This team has won primarily in spite of the defense.

3 hours ago, RBP79 said:

If we lose this game, so what! Not the end of the season..I mean...did you think they were going to run the table for the rest of the season.???

No but I expected them to compete with all the opponents they had left.  However I reviewed some of the past seasons of a couple our CUSA rivals and blow out in conference play aren't an extreme anomaly.  Before we walk off cliff, we need some perspective. 

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So how does the AD promote the next home game? 

This is where this hurts the worse.  To improve attendance at these game we need to compete consistently and this wasn't competing this was horse bleep.  The gap in talent doesn't account for this beat down.  This is why coaches that get G5 programs to compete (not get blown out) and win on a consistent basis are gobbled up quickly by P5 programs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Hey guys how was your night?

Hey man. Just get back home from the gameto your plain stucco apartment complex surrounded on all sides by adult living communities? Which one of the 37 fau fans were you?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2