*****OFFICIAL UNT vs. FAU GAME THREAD*****

UNTLifer

1 minute ago, untbowler said:

good grief Littrell put Fine on the bench. What good is it doing other than padding golden boys stats, while also risking injury

Has one wondering what Shanbour might have done to be that deep in the doghouse. I can't imagine what that could be from a guy like him though.

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Don't think is anything against Shanbour, coaches are just being stubborn.

And then Mason almost runs in a TD

Yeah, but this reaaaaaaaalllllly is the bad kind of McCarney stubborn. And it may send a signal to the starting QB and the team. But it sure sends a horrible signal to the backups, saying you believee that thy are under no circumstances important enough to play other than straight up injury.

Edited by outoftown

2 minutes ago, untbowler said:

good grief Littrell put Fine on the bench. What good is it doing other than padding golden boys stats, while also risking injury

You hit the nail on the head. This is all about padding Fine's stats. Shanbour has proven to be a capable player. They act as though there is no backup. If I were Shanbour I would be very upset.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Don't think is anything against Shanbour, coaches are just being stubborn.

And then Mason almost runs in a TD

With all due respect this is a great example were statics don’t really tell the story. This is nothing more than Seth trying to pad Mason’s numbers. Nothing against Mason he’s giving everything he has. This is a shitty coaching job by Seth 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think Littrell and GH are just trying to keep their offensive production numbers up, making them look good statistically.  All while putting your starters at risk and only producing against FAU’s 3rd team! Horrible team and coaching effort!

Just now, MeanGreenZen said:

Think Seth kept Fine in so our offensive statistics keep looking good to his potential P5 mistresses.

Couldn’t agree more, this is exactly what it was about.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, keith said:

I'm not quite that cynical.  Game reps are invaluable to a true sophomore QB.  Injury risk?  Sure, but that can happen on any play in any game.

Fine has proved he has developed to an impressive level.. he does not need game reps.. Putting in Quinn would have been good for Quinn because it would have changed the voice in the “huddle” and it would have provided him some playing time if needed.. 

Also, Fine took a beating vs UTSA, giving him half the game off would have been nice

• Upvote 5