*****OFFICIAL UNT vs. FAU GAME THREAD*****

UNTLifer

2 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Know nobody wants to hear this by this is a good game for a young team that must’ve came in thinking themselves world beaters.

Very true. This is the kind of game that makes us better next year. We are still rebuilding with sparks of brilliance. But still moving upward.

• Downvote 1

At this point all I want is us to come out and be competitive in the second half.

Let remember, they can only beat us once today.  Even if USM and UAB win today we will still be #1 in the west due to our head to head records.  

If this team comes out and competes hard and wins the second half, then we are a team who could win the west.  If we roll up the tents, then don't expect that.  

Our defense is not aggressive and has played on its heals all game. The offense looks out of sync and lethargic. Big, big letdown after last week. This team will have to learn how to handle success. How they reapond in the second half will say a lot about this team. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Wag Tag said:

You can call a time out for the defense!! Good news we saved all 3 of our timeouts!  Terrible coaching!

Yuuuuuuuup. We should've saw SL burn one on the first drive and see some Kirby Smart emotion out of Littrell. Buuuuut....nope. horrible, horrible, horrible coaching. An extension of the HC on the field in this 1st half. 0 outward passion. 

This is EXACTLY the UTEP2016 fiasco. It's pitiful. Embarrsing. And to be frank, with this game and others, SL needs to be finding a passionate, hate-filled DC after the season. 

Also, tee it a bit higher Littrell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

FAU is legit. If you thought otherwise, you weren’t paying attention. We’ve been terrible. Everything that could go wrong has. Coming off an emotional miracle win against a talented team coming off a bye across the country. It’s a garbage half of football in an otherwise great season. Relax. We’re okay.  The future is bright as hell. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Easily the worst half of "football" UNT has done this season.

The O-line give Fine no time, and he doesn't have the magic touch today. The WR don't help out, the coaches made questionable decisions, as did the refs.

The d-line is now too thin for this physical type of game, it would have needed some breaks early, and just couldn't catch nor force any. This may also be Reffets worst game planning of the season on top of being out-physicalled

I do wonder whether this is the time you give Shanbour some reps not because I believe Fine is not a good QB but, a) to give the team maybe a mental jolt and sign you are still trrying new things to correct this, and b) because losing Fine to injury in this game would be just the icing on the frustration cake

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaribbeanGreen said:

FAU is legit. If you thought otherwise, you weren’t paying attention. We’ve been terrible. Everything that could go wrong has. Coming off an emotional miracle win against a talented team coming off a bye across the country. It’s a garbage half of football in an otherwise great season. Relax. We’re okay.  The future is bright as hell. 

Best post in the thread.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Awesome job by Garner on that completion to the TE.. literally could have picked it off

Nice kid, but he has not played well this year. This is a tough game to point this out, because nobody is playing well, but this is pretty typical of him. I want someone in the middle that is violent. He isn't. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Always nice to have your voice of reason on here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, outoftown said:

I do wonder whether this is the time you give Shanbour some reps not because I believe Fine is not a good QB but, a) to give the team maybe a mental jolt and sign you are still trrying new things to correct this, and b) because losing Fine to injury in this game would be just the icing on the frustration cake

I agree with this.  

I think Fine is more dinged up that we have been led to believe.  Near the end of the half FAU drops everyone back except 4, our five block their 4 believe it or not, and we fine has all the time in the world to see smiley running a short slant all by himself.

He almost missed him.  

Something has to be wrong.  If it is physical, rest him and give Shanbour some snaps.