SAVE THE DATE! NEW VENUE!

KRAM1

Start time is looking like an 11:00am tip-off. Should give us plenty of time and plenty of afternoon left for an after-event at one of our favorite “watering holes”. 

And, also give everyone plenty of evening and night-time freedom.

Check those calendars and put this one down. Another fun game that does a ton of good for some great student-athletes!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:01 AM, THOR said:

time for some early, early drinking...gonna be awesome!

Indeed...I really like that we have finally secured this new venue...even has all the correct markings...and...a three point line!  Ha!

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Harry pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Update... Working with Student Affairs (and getting great cooperation) to have the parking meters along Highland St. not monitored by the Campus Police for the game.  That would certainly help.  I am VERY hopeful that, with the help of Student Affairs, we can pull this off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

currently i am in a boot nursing a BADDD rolled ankle playing flag football.  So its going to be a long long while before i am playing.

You have until April 14th.  Get it done!  

Ha!  Sorry to hear this...best of wishes for a speedy recovery, but rolled ankles can take a bit to heal with the "older" guys.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Andrew said:

You can do it! Two years ago I played after  a dislocation and torn tendons about a month before. I sucked and couldn’t run, but I tried haha. Now I’m just told old...

You in this year Andrew?

52 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Idk yet. It’s been a busy year around the house and I haven’t done any physical activity since October haha.

and that matters because???  we're all just hacks playing and having fun

i'm in!

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Idk yet. It’s been a busy year around the house and I haven’t done any physical activity since October haha.

Hmmmm...see your reply to MeanGreencoach2 above! What’s good for the goose is good for the gander they say. Ha! 

And, hey...legit 3 point line! 

UPDATE:  Tip-off time of 11:00am confirmed.  Gym will be open by 9;30am for warm-up and player registration...and, of course, early bidding on some great silent auction items. We will set up a concession stand of sorts in the gym as well and have some snacks, drinks, etc. available for purchase with proceeds going to Cheer and Dance.

YES...we have confirmed that the UNT Dance Team will be joining us this year for the first time.  Should make for extra fun.

ALSO...I have just confirmed TWO major sponsors for the game this year...returning as signature sponsors are both Denton's own

EASTSIDE SOCIAL CLUB and their Dallas cohort DOT'S HOP HOUSE.  We also have Addison Transportation sponsoring again.  And, just to let you know...Addison Transportation has sponsored this game each of the eight years of its existence! How about that folks?

AND MORE...our after game event will once again take place at EASTSIDE SOCIAL CLUB after the game!  These after game events really are fun...and relaxing.  I hope you will plan on joining us this year for some fun and fellowship after the game at EASTSIDE in Denton.  Everyone is welcome...players, spectators, volunteers, families, Cheer Team, Dance Team, etc., etc.

OK....now that we have the date and time...please check your calendars and schedules and let me know if you would like to play.  Registration fee remains the same at $35 per player (open to male and/ or female), and includes the collectors item t-shirt...of course!  Ha!

• 2 weeks later...

Mean Greeners...time to sign up to play. We definitely need players.  I will soon be posting a link where you can sign up to play and pay your player fee ($35.00).  In addition, if someone would like to simply donate to the Spirit Scholarship Fun they will be able to do so through the link as well.  By using the link, you will be able to receive an official UNT donations receipt.

Remember...new venue...OLD Men's Gym...so we should have the advantage for the first time of playing in on an actual court.  And, think of the UNT basketball history that gym has seen!  Priceless...the Old SWNAKE PIT!!!

APRIL 14t (A Saturday) with doors opening about 10:00am for t-shirt [pick-up and registration with an 11:00am tip-off for our game.

Since we have Eastside as one of our sponsors, we will adjoin to EASTSIDE after the game for some adult beverages and fellowship! Should be a great time for all...please join us!

If you have any questions, you can PM me here.  I will get back with you pronto!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

https://one.unt.edu/8th-annual-spring-classic

OK, our registration/donations link is LIVE!  You may utilize the link about to register to play or to simply make a donation to the Spirit Teams at UNT. One you enter everything, you should be all set to go, and you should receive an official receipt from UNT.  

Give it a try...if you have questions or challenges getting it to operate properly, PLEASE let me know.

Edited by KRAM1

Folks...just wanted to announce a few of the silent auction items we have for this year's event already

1) Troy Aikman autographed/authenticated replica helmet

2) UNT full-size game day helmet

3) Rudy's BBQ gift Cards

4) New I-Pad Cover - Green...of course

5)  UNT Letter Jacket - Size Large (leather and wool...of course)

6) Two Sets of Two Each very cool UNT Alumni Glasses

Just a start...working on a lot more UNT and non-UNT items for this year's silent auction.  It's going to be a great time...Saturday...APRIL 14th at the original Snake Pit on Highland Street (directly across from the Super Pit).

We need you there and encourage your signing up to play, making a donation, donating a silent auction item or simply showing up to watch the game and check out the bids for our silent auction items.

And, yes, everyone is welcome to join us at Eastside on Oak Street just off the downtown Denton Square for our after-event meet and mingle. Beers will be cols, beers will be good and the company will be excellent!

• Thanks 1