Trump Jr. event barring press implies distrust

These articles keep saying that members of the press are barred from the event.  Which is simply not true.  Press are not barred from the event. They simply must purchase a table like everyone else, or be invited to attend and sit at the table of someone or some company that did buy a table.  Are you telling me that the Belo Company cannot afford a table if it were that important to them to attend?  Yes, yes, I realize that press feels "entitled" to attend any event they wish free of charge, and often event organizers beg members of the press to attend.  Such is not the case with this event.  

People keep implying that Trump, Jr. has nothing to say and that he is not qualified to speak at this event, so why does it matter if members of the press get a "freebie"?  

Frankly, I don't care one way or the other.  This is a private event arranged by the Kuehne Speaker Series donors for the benefit of those purchasing tables and supporting the speaker series.  And, the whole thing has generated way too much "press" for what it actually is...a speech, a one time speech presented as part of a speaker series to help generate scholarship funds for UNT students.  It will be enjoyable for those who want to attend, an enigma for some and another reason to bitch and moan for many others. But, this too shall pass.  And, the sooner the better in my opinion.  Much ado about absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.  Don't like it?  Don't go.  Like it...buy a table of see if someone has an empty seat of the table they purchased.  I happen to know first hand that not all table seats are spoken for at the moment.  And, yes, UNT students WILL be in attendance.

BUT, back to the misleading assumption that the press is barred from the event...NOPE!  Just no press freebies for this one.  If it's that important...buy a table...press is certainly welcome to do so.  If any tables remain to be purchased at this late date. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

These articles keep saying that members of the press are barred from the event.  Which is simply not true.  Press are not barred from the event. They simply must purchase a table like everyone else, or be invited to attend and sit at the table of someone or some company that did buy a table.  Are you telling me that the Belo Company cannot afford a table if it were that important to them to attend?  Yes, yes, I realize that press feels "entitled" to attend any event they wish free of charge, and often event organizers beg members of the press to attend.  Such is not the case with this event.  

People keep implying that Trump, Jr. has nothing to say and that he is not qualified to speak at this event, so why does it matter if members of the press get a "freebie"?  

Frankly, I don't care one way or the other.  This is a private event arranged by the Kuehne Speaker Series donors for the benefit of those purchasing tables and supporting the speaker series.  And, the whole thing has generated way too much "press" for what it actually is...a speech, a one time speech presented as part of a speaker series to help generate scholarship funds for UNT students.  It will be enjoyable for those who want to attend, an enigma for some and another reason to bitch and moan for many others. But, this too shall pass.  And, the sooner the better in my opinion.  Much ado about absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.  Don't like it?  Don't go.  Like it...buy a table of see if someone has an empty seat of the table they purchased.  I happen to know first hand that not all table seats are spoken for at the moment.  And, yes, UNT students WILL be in attendance.

BUT, back to the misleading assumption that the press is barred from the event...NOPE!  Just no press freebies for this one.  If it's that important...buy a table...press is certainly welcome to do so.  If any tables remain to be purchased at this late date. 

You didn't know Chancellor Roe is going to present Junior with a newly-created title, "King of The University Of North Texas", complete with crown & scepter when he shows up?   Having him as a part of this series means the University is going to hitch our wagon to Junior until the day he dies.

• Downvote 4

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You didn't know Chancellor Roe is going to present Junior with a newly-created title, "King of The University Of North Texas", complete with crown & scepter when he shows up?   Having him as a part of this series means the University is going to hitch our wagon to Junior until the day he dies.

HaHa!  Funny...BUT Nope and Nope on both counts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1