Is it just me or...

Matt from A700

You know it started as another average tailgate.  Same great friends and same good foods.  Too many of the same cold beers. Entering the stadium I had no idea we were going to watch history.  In fact quite the opposite.  We went from euphoria to this sux again I can’t stand utsa I want to hurt someone to unexpected ecstasy.  That is not supposed to happen especially UNT.  We were in shock it really happened at all.  I was there for the Texas robbery in ‘88 and the tech fumble in the 90s.  I also saw the win in tech over Oregon state and Baylor.  Yet this is the new school I can’t stand and they own us.  

But I was simply drunk but sober enough to say “I can’t believe they are giving us the ball back!”  I was thinking certainly they go for it on 4th down because had already broken our spirit.  But they did the unthinkable and even when it landed on the 2 drunk and all I knew we had a chance and felt deep down we’re going to see magic. 

These things don’t happen to North Texas fans.  It still requires a smelling salt moment from time to time.

thank you Fine!  Thank you Mean green!  

Beat fau

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

Me too (all of this thread). Then I hear this little voice in my head..."Cuidado! Cuidado! FAU!" and I lurch back to reality. I hope our team is not replaying "the drive" and reading their press clippings. Time to focus on those dirty birds from Rat's Mouth.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

N12e4qm.gif

It was the 2000 game, still too soon. 

I'm still sick over both,....the '88 larceny at Memorial AND the Stonehands McClain "Yeah baby Ima gonna score.....oh $hiiiii" fumble.  The greatest of plays and the dumbest all rolled up into 15 seconds

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I'm still sick over both,....the '88 larceny at Memorial AND the Stonehands McClain "Yeah baby Ima gonna score.....oh $hiiiii" fumble.  The greatest of plays and the dumbest all rolled up into 15 seconds

Rick

That Tech loss on the last second fumble remains the toughest moment I’ve witnessed as a UNT fan. That would’ve clinched the series for us and would’ve been our 4th win in a row in Lubbock, going back to 1988.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, golfingomez said:

The last six minutes of the official TV broadcast are here, which clearly shows that Lawrence did not push off... 

SIde note, i actually thought the broadcast crew did a fairly good job on staying unbiased considering they are UTSA guys. 

I agree with the above.  They weren't great, but they were very fair and unbiased.

3:33 Loved the little grin SL gave on the sideline.  Looks like he knew something special was about to happen.

4:48  Wilson looked like he was ready to puke.

Last play: loved the "Come and Take It" being hung over the wall in the end zone.  Noticed that was gone pretty quickly after RB Jr. scored.  Just an awesome game.

• Upvote 1