Texas at San Antonio fans are moving toward the acceptance phase

Harry

http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/9475-Path-to-the-CUSA-Championship

Default Path to the CUSA Championship

I'll be honest, I'm still really upset over Saturday's loss to Southern Oklahoma Institute of Fine Arts. In fact, to me this is the worst loss in program history. At the very least, it has affected me the most. Usually I shake off losses by Monday but I can't stop thinking about this one. Beyond the way we lost, which was devastating in itself, the impact this loss had on our chances to compete in the CUSA Championship game were crushing. While the likelihood of UTSA winning the West Division is extremely slim now, there is still a path to making it to December 2nd. A lot of dominos have to fall in just the right way but it isn't out of the question.  

The first domino that must fall is we need to win out; one more loss and stick a fork in us. If we do this then we will clear out the first two teams that are ahead of us, La Tech and UAB. Also, this is the only part of our path that we control ourselves now. If we beat them it will give us each two conference losses; however we would leapfrog them by nature of our head to head victories.

This leaves Southern Miss and unt ahead of us. With a head to head victory against us but one conference loss already, Southern Miss needs to lose two more. The most likely potential losses on their schedule are La Tech, UAB and Marshall. If they win 2 of those 3 they also have games against Rice and Charlotte.  

Obviously clearing out unt will require the most magic since they've started 3-0 in conference and they need to lose 3 of their remaining 5 conference games to give us a chance. Their remaining schedule include FAU, ODU, La Tech, UTEP and Rice. While losses to FAU and La Tech would be reasonable, we would also need them to shit the bed against either ODU, UTEP or Rice (who are all terrible this year). This part seems to be the most monumental of all the dominoes in our path. That said, wouldn't it be marvelous for unt to lose to fUTEP, giving them their only win of the season?

So yeah, we need A LOT of help. Is this a pipe dream? Well, I'm willing to concede we're pretty much fucked but I need to hold onto some hope. If everything were to fall into place, it would be equivalent to a 98 yard touchdown drive with one minute on the clock and no timeouts.

*takes a break to sob uncontrollably into my pillow

If somehow things start falling our way, the final pieces could come down to the last weekend of the season (UTSA vs. La Tech and S Miss vs Marshall).

Keep your birds up and Run 'Em.

Most amusing is the fact that their coach is going to way over coach them for the remainder of the season, as evidenced by his post game presser, and that will assure another loss or two for them.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I can't help but pity the fools over at Rowdy Talk. They had so much hope. So much promise. They were next level delusional, thinking they could go undefeated after beating, well... Nobody.

There's still hope for them though. Maybe some of those guys can apply to transfer to Austin after they retake Fundamentals of Computer Typing for the fourth consecutive semester. Keep on keepin' on y'all!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Such a great piece! (Except the Mike Lawrence push mention).  Those guys do a great job.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

18 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Pretty cool

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

vfVePYM.png

dYt8a6v.jpg

My goodness they have well marbled fans. 

1 hour ago, dmaxel said:

First time I've heard us be called SOIFA. Should I be insulted? Because that was weak.

It's a lame attempt at a comeback typical of their insecure fanbase. They should be proud of their community college roots!

Oh well. We can forget about them for another year as they are completely irrelevant in the conference for another year. I enjoyed their pain and suffering following Saturday night.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2