This Team Is Stocked With Ballers

LongJim

I miss Tyler Wilson... If he were still here, we would have the best receivers in the conference by a healthy margin. It's pretty much pick your poison now... it would be crazy with another sound route runner who gets open to add to Smiley, Guyton, Bussey, Lawrence, and Smith. Oh, and Darden... and Chumley. Our offense is gonna get crazy good come bowl season! 

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I miss Nick Smith... If he were still here, we would have the best receivers in the conference by a healthy margin. It's pretty much pick your poison now... it would be crazy with another sound route runner who gets open to add to Smiley, Guyton, Bussey, Lawrence, and Smith. Oh, and Darden... and Chumley. Our offense is gonna get crazy good come bowl season! 

Tyler Wilson

• Upvote 1

This coaching staff and company gets it. Recruiting sites doubted them with their recruiting ratings but this staff recognizes talent!  They recognize players with talent and plug the talent in those positions with gaps. If we can keep this coaching staff and Wren’s, I’m confident we can start developing some depth. We are a barely two years from our one win season... Incredible to think how quickly they have turned it around. The future is bright. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

But muh recruiting

(stars don’t matter)

Game winning touchdown by a guy with 8 other FBS offers, 182 yards and 2 scores from a former Notre Dame signee/JUCO with multiple P5 offers (Guyton), 3rd leading pass catcher as a true freshman had 5 other FBS offers including a P5 offer at one point (Darden), and both RBs had solid offer lists.

Fine, no other offers but I've always maintained that fit for the system and development are much more important for a QB than offer list, especially at the G5 level. Which both those boxes have been strongly checked.

Our staff was very opportunistic in getting these guys and it is paying great dividends. We got some big-time gets and they are starting to pan out at a much higher rate than we are used to seeing here. Credit to the staff there. These are mostly talented guys who plenty of other schools deemed as FBS guys and they're realizing the potential together, which is a great sight to see.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, MeanGreen01 said:

This coaching staff and company gets it. Recruiting sites doubted them with their recruiting ratings but this staff recognizes talent!  They recognize players with talent and plug the talent in those positions with gaps. If we can keep this coaching staff and Wren’s, I’m confident we can start developing some depth. We are a barely two years from our one win season... Incredible to think how quickly they have turned it around. The future is bright. 

I'm excited we won. Fun night! But... Perspective?

On 1/2/2014 at 10:39 AM, MeanGreen01 said:

Thank you RV for hiring the right person for the job and for giving the kids a nice new helmet for the game, love it!!! Coach Macarney, I'm a believer, love your passion for the game and Mean Green Football!

On 7/22/2014 at 11:23 PM, MeanGreen01 said:

I really think we are in a new era with Coach Mac and this "field of rookies" are going to surprise!!

On 7/23/2014 at 1:58 AM, MeanGreen01 said:

I believe in Coach Mac's players and recruiting the type of players for his system.

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Are you telling me we should be CFP contenders in the next two years?

If all these guys stay together and healthy, we're shaping up for a G5 offense that could carry a team to 11 or 12 regular season wins in 2019. Maybe even next year. Who knows? Guyton is looking like the type of receiver who will threaten for the nation lead in receiving yards before his time is up here.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1