Podcast from UTSA

outoftown

This is a podcast from UTSA fans similar to the meangreennation podcast. They talk about half an hour about the UTSA USM game, before they start talking about the UNT game and Denton. I think they do a pretty good job. They also made a really nice point about Wilson being even better than the sats look at first, because the O-line isn't all that good at run-blocking yet. That said, I think I kind of disagree with their take on our run defense. I feel they will be surprised by how good it is (they looked at size of the DL and thought it was likely not as good), as it has done really well on 1st and second down even against Iowa.

Oh and it seems to me, that everybody at both UNT and UTSA understands just how big a game this is.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, outoftown said:

This is a podcast from UTSA fans similar to the meangreennation podcast. They talk about half an hour about the UTSA USM game, before they start talking about the UNT game and Denton. I think they do a pretty good job. They also made a really nice point about Wilson being even better than the sats look at first, because the O-line isn't all that good at run-blocking yet. That said, I think I kind of disagree with their take on our run defense. I feel they will be surprised by how good it is (they looked at size of the DL and thought it was likely not as good), as it has done really well on 1st and second down even against Iowa.

Oh and it seems to me, that everybody at both UNT and UTSA understands just how big a game this is.

Alamodome Audible usually has fantastic material.  If you want another good listen, Roadrunners unfiltered just released theirs on the same material giving their take.  One of the two guys predicting UTSA loss.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Alamodome Audible usually has fantastic material.  If you want another good listen, Roadrunners unfiltered just released theirs on the same material giving their take.  One of the two guys predicting UTSA loss.

Thanks. Decent listen. Good to hear the very honest and realistic perspective from the other side and not just the usual board trash talk (not that that isn't fun).

By the way, they better hope not to run into me when they go to Vegas. I was there last weekend and won one of the tourneys I played

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

I like the genuine awe and respect they have for our music scene. This is an aspect of town that needs constant fostering and leveraging, and not bemoaned like some do here.

• Lovely Take 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

These guys are very high on Jeffrey Wilson calling him the best running back in CUSA and it's not even close. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Rowdy said:

One of these guys is a former player and he says UNT and UTSA are NOT rivals.  So there's that. 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, unt37 said:

I think that's in the bag, definitely at least gets invite to combine. If he weighs right and runs well he's getting drafted.

That's an uphill climb for him as of now.   He's going to need to continue his current trajectory, and maybe get to the C-USA championship game & tear up the bowl game.   It's very difficult to get a combine invite since he's up against the P5 schools, Juniors & Seniors alike.

Not saying he can't/wont, but it's going to be tough.

22 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

A rep from the Senior Bowl was at the UNT game scouting Wilson/Ito Smith.

He will have to test well at the combine to have a chance though.

Remember y'all...   The great Zach Orr did not get an invite to the combine... despite being a 1st-team all-conference.   It's hard to get that invite.   Also, he has had durability issues in the past.   He must overcome that this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Remember y'all...   The great Zach Orr did not get an invite to the combine... despite being a 1st-team all-conference.   It's hard to get that invite.   Also, he has had durability issues in the past.   He must overcome that this year.

I'm well aware of that, I still think he gets an invite to the combine because this class is not as strong as the last two.

Couple of responses to above

Wilson has plenty of exposure, pros don't need anymore than him playing the schedule he has.   Not sure if the pros think he can play there or not, but there is plenty to base their decision on.

Funny, how the two UTSA fans think UTSA has a substantially better defense.   Didn't look that way against USM.  Also fully ignore that NT has played much better oc teams.  Leave out the FC division and they have played offensive juggernauts Texas State and very early Baylor.  NT has played Iowa and SMU much better teams. 

Really enjoyed these guys enthusiasm.  They recognize what a gem Denton is.  Hope they have a great time everywhere but the game. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rowdy said:

The downvote on post sometimes cracks me up. Was probably @Ryan Munthe

What is up with your fanbases obsession with me, Jesus fucking Christ. I made fun of y’all on a hype account four years ago and don’t like that we play y’all. Like, what is your obsession? I don’t even really give a shit anymore. I stopped being aggressive after y’all doxxed me on rowdytalk and I got threatening phone calls for a month in 2013, since y’all have the integrity of a plastic bag.

Go bother and harass someone else.

AND I can tell you exactly who did it.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

What is up with your fanbases obsession with me, Jesus fucking Christ. I made fun of y’all on a hype account four years ago and don’t like that we play y’all. Like, what is your obsession? I don’t even really give a shit anymore. I stopped being aggressive after y’all doxxed me on rowdytalk and I got threatening phone calls for a month in 2013, since y’all have the integrity of a plastic bag.

Go bother and harass someone else.

AND I can tell you exactly who did it.

Dang calm down, was a playful jab cause you always have something negative to say. No need to get that worked up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Dang calm down, was a playful jab cause you always have something negative to say. No need to get that worked up. 

I am tired of being harassed by random people in your fanbase. Singled out, harassed, doxxed, threatened...if this had happened to you, you would be just as touchy.

Social media, in person, on here, through your forums...

Your Little fanbase twitter cult can go F themselves. Especially JagRunner and mac78521(or whatever his stupid name was) because they were the ones who posted my phone number on social media and all your drunk arrogant pricks called me for a month.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

Uppermost in my mind if I were a Road Runner supporter is how the team who beat them in the AlamoDome last Saturday night we methodically drilled & won handily at their place in Hattiesburg, MS. 

Still, I go into this game tomorrow night at Apogee Stadium as a toss-up.   My concern is the old Vince Lombardy saying of "Good Defense Wins Championships."  Our defense is a bend not break defense thus far.  Yet if our Mean Green offense matches up well with the UTSA defense then we win 35-31.

As they say.....I guess that's why we play the game?  

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Uppermost in my mind if I were a Road Runner supporter is how the team who beat them in the AlamoDome last Saturday night we methodically drilled & won handily at their place in Hattiesburg, MS. 

Still, I go into this game tomorrow night at Apogee Stadium as a toss-up.   My concern is the old Vince Lombardy saying of "Good Defense Wins Championships."  Our defense is a bend not break defense thus far.  Yet if our Mean Green offense matches up well with the UTSA defense then we win 35-31.

As they say.....I guess that's why we play the game?  

GMG!

Would be a great game to be at. Honestly what worries me is that Fine has been on fire and our corners seem to be the weakest link in our defense. Maybe Davenport and Josiah can get in the backfield before he throws, but he gets rid of it quick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1