New Polo at Stadium Store

Ryan Munthe

23 hours ago, Marty said:

I assume they're hoping the 1978 team will buy those.

One of my all time favorite teams.,..Off the top of my head

Jordan Case and Joe Stevenson at QB

(the late) Bernard Jackson (1400 yrds) and Malcom Jones at RB. Fred Gordon and a freshman named Lee English at FB.

Bruce Chambers and Charles Murry at receivers, and Darrel Terrell at TE.

At guard, Jimmy Odoms

On defense, the great Burks Washington at LB, as well as Bernard West at DE

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

One of my all time favorite teams.,..Off the top of my head

Jordan Case and Joe Stevenson at QB

(the late) Bernard Jackson (1400 yrds) and Malcom Jones at RB. Fred Gordon and a freshman named Lee English at FB.

Bruce Chambers and Charles Murry at receivers, and Darrel Terrell at TE.

At guard, Jimmy Odoms

On defense, the great Burks Washington at LB, as well as Bernard West at DE

And Silver Eagle, little did we know that on a very frosty November, 1978, night at Fouts Field playing (and beating) the U of Memphis Tigers, that it would be Coach Fry's last game as UNT's AD/HFC. 

Later, Coach Fry said if he'd just had some bowl games as rewards for his Mean Green teams that he would have never left Denton.  He saw so much potential at North Texas.  In 6 years in Denton he was beginning to tap into all that potential.

GMG!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

And Silver Eagle, little did we know that on a very frosty November, 1978, night at Fouts Field playing (and beating) the U of Memphis Tigers, that it would be Coach Fry's last game as UNT's AD/HFC. 

Later, Coach Fry said if he'd just had some bowl games as rewards for his Mean Green teams that he would have never left Denton.  He saw so much potential at North Texas.  In 6 years in Denton he was beginning to tap into all that potential.

GMG!

And that was only the second win over Memphis (first was the year before) since we started playing them in 1960. Yep, that's right, The Steve Ramsey/Joe Greene group never beat Memphis. But Hayden beat them twice.

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2017 at 5:21 PM, Cerebus said:

They also have the Nike DriFit version of that long sleeve shirt everyone was asking about a couple of weeks ago.

Not quite.

I’d be willing to spend my $ on the shirt SL has, the one in the store looks like a cheap reproduction. 

I wish the AD would get together with Barnes and Noble on merchandise so we can get the same stuff players and coaches have, like most other schools, professional leagues, etc. It’s a missed opportunity. 

540E259B-0484-4109-9E46-01E863D5DEEC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

Not quite.

I’d be willing to spend my $ on the shirt SL has, the one in the store looks like a cheap reproduction. 

I wish the AD would get together with Barnes and Noble on merchandise so we can get the same stuff players and coaches have, like most other schools, professional leagues, etc. It’s a missed opportunity. 

540E259B-0484-4109-9E46-01E863D5DEEC.jpeg

Have you tried emailing/calling the team store, AD office about this? Email them with a link to a thread(s) that people talk about it.. I"m sure they can/would love input and the profits as well if they knew.. Hell start a thread and have the sizes as options and show X # of people want these sizes.. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 3:21 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Have you tried emailing/calling the team store, AD office about this? Email them with a link to a thread(s) that people talk about it.. I"m sure they can/would love input and the profits as well if they knew.. Hell start a thread and have the sizes as options and show X # of people want these sizes.. 

I did try and call the team store. They said they do not have those for sell it is for players and coaches only. I think that is so dumb I wish we could have access to the sideline gear. 

Edited by Victorygreen04
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

3 hours ago, Victorygreen04 said:

I did try and call the team store. They said they do not have those for sell it is for players and coaches only. I think that is so dumb I wish we could have access to the sideline gear. 

Have you sent the links with the # of people wanting it to people in the AD office or team store? Show them they are missing out a on large number of sales.. with the season nearly done, hopefully they can allow fans to get them once it’s consider “out of date”

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Victorygreen04 said:

I've been told the same thing in the past. I sent a tweet to Wren and the Mean Green Store today because it makes ZERO CENTS to make the best looking merchandise unavailable to your customers. The stuff in stadium store looks like crap compared to what the team wears. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Have you sent the links with the # of people wanting it to people in the AD office or team store? Show them they are missing out a on large number of sales.. with the season nearly done, hopefully they can allow fans to get them once it’s consider “out of date”

Shouldn't be that hard. It's sports merchandising 101, a lot people are willing to spend good money on sideline gear. Pro sports and most colleges have figured it out. If the person in charge of this stuff up there doesn't get it, then maybe they should be sent on their way, because like the poster above said, the stuff in the store this season is crap.

Anybody see the sharp black Nike polo that SL has been wearing in recent weeks? Didn't think so. It would have been nice to have for the ODU blackout game.

Mini helmets? Nope. People are drooling over all these new helmets, I'd buy a mini of each helmet right this moment.

For those who are detail oriented such as myself, the one green Nike polo that looks like the one the coaches wear isn't even the same thing. The one in the store has a black outline on the SOW while the one that the coaches have doesn't.

Tired of all the excuses as to why our merchandise situation is the way it is, tired of hearing about licensing, Barnes and Noble, whatever. Just give the people a product worth buying. It shouldn't have to take a damn letter writing campaign.

Luckily for me, my bank account looks much better with no sideline gear or mini helmets available for purchase.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

Shouldn't be that hard. It's sports merchandising 101, a lot people are willing to spend good money on sideline gear. Pro sports and most colleges have figured it out. If the person in charge of this stuff up there doesn't get it, then maybe they should be sent on their way, because like the poster above said, the stuff in the store this season is crap.

Anybody see the sharp black Nike polo that SL has been wearing in recent weeks? Didn't think so. It would have been nice to have for the ODU blackout game.

Mini helmets? Nope. People are drooling over all these new helmets, I'd buy a mini of each helmet right this moment.

For those who are detail oriented such as myself, the one green Nike polo that looks like the one the coaches wear isn't even the same thing. The one in the store has a black outline on the SOW while the one that the coaches have doesn't.

Tired of all the excuses as to why our merchandise situation is the way it is, tired of hearing about licensing, Barnes and Noble, whatever. Just give the people a product worth buying. It shouldn't have to take a damn letter writing campaign.

Luckily for me, my bank account looks much better with no sideline gear or mini helmets available for purchase.

I'm just going to say, it maybe (and most likely) not up to the one individual in the team store that decides what is and is not able to be sold.. It's likely something from the AD Office (I would assume), that controls the flow of items from the sideline to the teamstore... Sending a simple email with links to this thread or any thread that people are saying they are interested could help, but to the team store manager, and to WB asking/telling them they are missing out, because I do agree they are missing out on A LOT of items from the helmets to shirts to the polos... 

Agreed it should not take a letter campaign, but if its as simple as 20/30 people sending in emails with links then it is worth it... Heck, people with twitter the photos of the items are already on this thread.. Save or screenshot the pics and tweet them directly at WB and the team store.. 

• Downvote 1