UNT Looking to Captitalize on Buzz Surrounding UTSA Game

UNTLifer

The Roadrunners were playing just their third season since the program was founded, but still edged the Mean Green 21-13.

That loss knocked UNT out of the race for the West title and a spot in the conference title game. UNT's supporters have never forgotten what happened that night.

Some also haven't forgot that maybe Tulane also knocked us out...?  We lost that game too, and if we had beat them, we would have been 7-1 in conference with the head-to-head tiebreaker VS Rice.   The Tulane game was the more disappointing of the two in my mind....  I was there.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

😳All my dead Texas history relatives have asked me for tickets to this game at Apogee including Cynthia Ann Parker & her brother John,  her 1'st cousin Rachel Plummer & son James Pratt, her husband LTM (Grt.Grt. Gramps) Plummer & even the ol'  Chief himself--Quanah Parker (of Cache, OK) who (BTW) said he was especially interested in watching "that QB from Locust Grove, Oklahoma." 🤢

I told them all their seats might have to be at the top row of the Wing Zone in order to get inside Apogee & if anyone sneezed too hard any one of them could end up on I-35-E!  (No problem-- All concurred)!🤔😨

🤒🤕😜(See what increased BP meds can do to a feller who is otherwise--totally harmless)?😁

➡️It's been a busy season for my Wedding DJ business & this was my only Saturday off so I'm letting it all hang out & acting like I'm an 18 yo college freshman again---being on campus yesterday seeing all of the growth & the student energy got me pumped you might say.🤢

Jeez!  My best, most innocent & fun time of my life was my student days in Denton, Texas...America!   You'll see one day, Millenniums--don't miss this game!👍👍

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

All my dead Texas history relatives have asked me for tickets to this game at Apogee including Cynthia Ann Parker & her brother John,  her 1'st cousin Rachel Plummer & son James Pratt, her husband LTM(Grt.Grt. Gramps) Plummer & even the ol'  Chief himself--Quanah Parker (of Cache, OK) who (BTW) said he was especially interested in watching "that QB from Locust Grove, Oklahoma."  😳  I told them all their tickets might have to be at the top row of the Wing Zone in order to get inside Apogee.  No problem-- All concurred!🤔😨

😜(See what increased BP meds can do to a feller who is otherwise--totally harmless)?😁

Plumm, I'm beginning to think that Rick Spears did a mind meld with you before he passed on - that's much like a "Green Grenade" post!

McCoyMeld.jpg

Remember...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Stix said:

Plumm, I'm beginning to think that Rick Spears did a mind meld with you before he passed on - that's much like a "Green Grenade" post!

McCoyMeld.jpg

Remember...

:omg:

'Twas on campus the other day, Stix, & have been acting like I was 18 ever since!😆

Also, I think switching back & forth from Fox News & CNN on my car Sirius radio has had its effect, too.😜  Enough to make a normal man go un'normal.  

😇 Richard Scarborough Spears, our creator of the Flying Worm, and former AD Hayden Fry employee I'm  sure will be at this game in spirit since this kind of game would excite him to no end.  Last time I saw Rick before he was hospitalized  a bunch of us were at the Apogee Ticket office buying tickets to a game & carrying on like college kids while having a nostalgic good time.  His health was already going south & he'd lost a bunch of weight.  We just didn't know how sick he was at the time.  He is missed.  RIP, Rick.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 3

On 10/12/2017 at 1:58 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Some also haven't forgot that maybe Tulane also knocked us out...?  We lost that game too, and if we had beat them, we would have been 7-1 in conference with the head-to-head tiebreaker VS Rice.   The Tulane game was the more disappointing of the two in my mind....  I was there.

Yeah we shot ourselves in the foot so many times in that game. From what I remember Tulane had one of those magical years where everything fell their way. We were in Kid Montana's face all day and yet still lost. So frustrating

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

Yeah we shot ourselves in the foot so many times in that game. From what I remember Tulane had one of those magical years where everything fell their way. We were in Kid Montana's face all day and yet still lost. So frustrating

I feel like there were bad calls, and I remember them getting into FG range during their last drive, and thinking, "It's over. Santos will nail a FG from here."  After that kick, I remember their minuscule student section in that gigantic stadium going nuts.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, PlummMeanGreen said:

😳All my dead Texas history relatives have asked me for tickets to this game at Apogee including Cynthia Ann Parker & her brother John,  her 1'st cousin Rachel Plummer & son James Pratt, her husband LTM (Grt.Grt. Gramps) Plummer & even the ol'  Chief himself--Quanah Parker (of Cache, OK) who (BTW) said he was especially interested in watching "that QB from Locust Grove, Oklahoma." 🤢

I told them all their seats might have to be at the top row of the Wing Zone in order to get inside Apogee & if anyone sneezed too hard any one of them could end up on I-35-E!  (No problem-- All concurred)!🤔😨

🤒🤕😜(See what increased BP meds can do to a feller who is otherwise--totally harmless)?😁

➡️It's been a busy season for my Wedding DJ business & this was my only Saturday off so I'm letting it all hang out & acting like I'm an 18 yo college freshman again---being on campus yesterday seeing all of the growth & the student energy got me pumped you might say.🤢

Jeez!  My best, most innocent & fun time of my life was my student days in Denton, Texas...America!   You'll see one day, Millenniums--don't miss this game!👍👍

I enjoy any post that has a shout out to Quanah Parker in it. 

• Upvote 1