George Dunham on UT San Antonio

MGNation92

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You may have a different idea of what a "rivalry" is.  Usually a team will have only 1 or 2 "rivals".  The other teams are just teams you face regularly because they're in your conference.

As it stands now, I would say UNT is on the verge of having 0 "rivalries", with the closest one being the lopsided one we have going with SMU.   Had one building with MTSU in the SBC days... but since we don't play them as often anymore, I would say that one has died.

The SEC seems to think that every conference game is a rivalry (unless you are Vandy, pity does not a rivalry make). I don't think that we need to be limited to a number. A rivalry is an attitude towards a team, not some number that we come up with to artificially designate it.