Club section sold out for KFC

greenjoe

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I can't imagine it's going to be a heavy orange influence up there since those seats are more or less only for sale to current club seat holders.  

This may be the first time in the history of Apogee that I'm forced to sit in my actual seats.

For a 6pm start, when will they start serving food in the club level?

10 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Shut the food down until half, have some finger food available between then.  

I dream of being able to afford club seats an Apogee.  That being said if I ever get up there and they pulled this garbage I would very upset.  And that is an understatement.  There are great seats all around the stadium to enjoy the game.  You buy club seats for service and exclusively of being around committed alumni and fans.  As much as I disagreed with how RV ran the program it was neat to shake his hand among other Adminstrators of UNT the one time I got up there.  Just the enjoying the game and supporting your school cost about $100 per Saturday for     2 people (parking, tickets, and food) for the regular experience.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Current club seat holders can purchase single game club tickets at $95 a pop this season except for the UTSA game, which is sold out.  If one wishes to get a single game club seat, one would be prudent to ask current club seat holders to purchase on their behalf. 

Edit:  Given the extraneous contributions that club seat holders make to secure entitlement to their seats, it would ruffle a whole bunch of feathers if the general public could walk up to the ticket office window and buy single game club seats at a price that would be a significant discount and no commitment to what club seat holders pay and sing on to for a period of years. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

The Club Level requires a "seat bond" which is determined by the location of the seat along the field, a Mean Green Club "donation" and of course a game ticket.  The seat bond was, at the time I purchased, payable over a 5 year period.  The Mean Green Club commitment is a minimum of $1,000. per season ( thus covers all sports), and the ticket, I think, is $75. per game.  The bond is my property as long as I purchase season tickets and make the minimum Mean Green Club donation EVERY year.  

I am am pleased with my decision to buy Club Level seats.

Big crowd this Saturday.

GO MEAN GEEEN

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I don't even begin to understand the reasoning behind this.  

The buffet portion of the food.  They can still grab snacks of sorts but those are the types of things they can grab and return to their seat to cheer.  The food (a different variety) returns at half time for them to enjoy.  Beverages flow the whole time, just a thought on how to keep the seats at the club level more full, for longer periods of time.  I got an idea have two or three waiters who are constantly checking for drinks outside (like the rangers beer guys/cotton candy types).  

BTW I am extremely grateful (and a tad jealous) for the donors who can afford and choose to purchase those tickets.  

14 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

The buffet portion of the food.  They can still grab snacks of sorts but those are the types of things they can grab and return to their seat to cheer.  The food (a different variety) returns at half time for them to enjoy.  Beverages flow the whole time, just a thought on how to keep the seats at the club level more full, for longer periods of time.  I got an idea have two or three waiters who are constantly checking for drinks outside (like the rangers beer guys/cotton candy types).  

BTW I am extremely grateful (and a tad jealous) for the donors who can afford and choose to purchase those tickets.  

From what I observe, a good portion of the people in the club enjoy going up before the game and enjoying their meal.  Some then go out to their seats, some stay at tables and converse.  It's the nature of the game up there.  Removing the buffet until halftime would likely garner some pretty angry reactions, especially since they current remove the food at halftime.  What you're suggesting would be a rushed experience in an environment where leisure is the name of the game. 

(And honestly, even when they go to their seats, it's different up there.  There's usually like one guy who's had a couple who's actually cheering, and everybody else is looking at him in stunned silence while his wife cowers in embarrassment.  The club is a source of funding, not crowd noise or cheering.)

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

Let's hope many of those folks don't leave by the 3rd quarter like they seem to do at the club level.

I see very few people leave the club level early.  Very few.  Now a lot stay inside the entire time, which I don't understand, but most stay until the end.  

Also, I have heard The Wren™ is looking at lowering the stadium donation needed to get access to the club level.  Now I am a person who paid the initial stadium donation, and then paid again to get to a higher level, and I would personally not care about that.  However I assume there would be more than a few ruffled feathers.  

A lot of people do stay in the Club area where it is A/C or heated and can watch the game to TV.....and other games as well.  It is a huge social venue, some use it for business entertainment as well.  This is not unlike other athletic venues that offer similar facilities.  My wife will sometimes wonder inside to catch the BAMA score if they are playing at the same time....  I highly recommend the club experience if you have the opportunity....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

(And honestly, even when they go to their seats, it's different up there.  There's usually like one guy who's had a couple who's actually cheering, and everybody else is looking at him in stunned silence while his wife cowers in embarrassment.  The club is a source of funding, not crowd noise or cheering.)

This is the exact reason I will never purchase club seats. (and because I cant afford it)  That atmosphere is not for @GMG24 & I.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

15 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

This is the exact reason I will never purchase club seats. (and because I cant afford it)  That atmosphere is not for @GMG24 & I.

I don't know where they are sitting but I scream and yell my head off and so the so most of the folks around me. 

It is a great vantage to see the game develop from.  I assume a coach would really like it.