Attendance Prediction Thread

AustinFromUNT

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm talking about the: "Every other Saturday I might consider going to UNT, but today I'm definitely going to watch TX/OU." 

So the chances of that group coming goes from about 3% to 0%. Again, it doesn't actually have a significant effect on the number of people at Apogee. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Does our attendance only ebb/flow a "couple of hundred people" per week?   If so, we would consistently be at around 19,500 & 20,500, right?

The die-hards are going to show up.   Those are not the fans I'm talking about.

The fans you are talking about....don't necessarily show up on other Saturdays either.... I know it ebbs and flows and I know we have die hards and fence sitters....I just don't think it has anything to do with TX/OU

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Except that maybe 2% of our 300,000 area alumni.   Or 6,000 people.  

so that 6,000 people shows up on Saturdays TX/OU aren't playing?

I think I see your point....my point is I just think the TX/OU has a very small impact on attendance at Apogee stadium. 

I don't see a large subtraction at Apogee becoming an addition to Fair Park

Again....maybe a couple hundred people..

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The fans you are talking about....don't necessarily show up on other Saturdays either.... I know it ebbs and flows and I know we have die hards and fence sitters....I just don't think it has anything to do with TX/OU

so that 6,000 people shows up on Saturdays TX/OU aren't playing?

There are a myriad of factors that go into attendance.   The Mean Green must be playing well enough to pique the casual fan's interest.   They haven't been doing that over the past few seasons... but maybe they are now.   

However, unfortunately, there is also a game that those same casual fans have grown up watching on TV every fall.   You may very well be right, and it's only a "couple hundred".  Or, it could be more.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like this is the only reason why our attendance would be lower than it should.  I don't mean it that way...   but this is really the only weekend that I would expect this kind of dent from that type of fan.  So it stands to be mentioned.

7 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I think I see your point....my point is I just think the TX/OU has a very small impact on attendance at Apogee stadium. 

I don't see a large subtraction at Apogee becoming an addition to Fair Park

Again....maybe a couple hundred people..

They don't HAVE to go to Fair Park.  They can just stay home and watch Texas/OU on TV.  Once they are doing that, they can pretty easily commit  to staying home all day to watch CFB.  I know a couple of alumni who are doing this.  

Just now, Cerebus said:

They don't HAVE to go to Fair Park.  They can just stay home and watch Texas/OU on TV.  Once they are doing that, they can pretty easily commit  to staying home all day to watch CFB.  I know a couple of alumni who are doing this.  

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There are a myriad of factors that go into attendance.   The Mean Green must be playing well enough to pique the casual fan's interest.   They haven't been doing that over the past few seasons... but maybe they are now.   

However, unfortunately, there is also a game that those same casual fans have grown up watching on TV every fall.   You may very well be right, and it's only a "couple hundred".  Or, it could be more.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like this is the only reason why our attendance would be lower than it should.  I don't mean it that way...   but this is really the only weekend that I would expect this kind of dent from that type of fan.  So it stands to be mentioned.

Fair enough....I see what your saying. 

I don't necessarily have data to back up my opinion....just a gut feeling.

I'm stating a conclusion I've drawn solely on my own personal point of view as facts...which is my job as a poster on a fan message board...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Fair enough....I see what your saying. 

I don't necessarily have data to back up my opinion....just a gut feeling.

I'm stating a conclusion I've drawn solely on my own personal point of view as facts...which is my job as a poster on a fan message board...

Glad we're all on the same page then!
giphy.webp

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So about the TX/OU game. 

I wonder how much that really affects our attendance. Does it really have a big impact? So do people that would normally go to Apogee go buy tickets and go to the TX/OU game? They're fans of TX or OU? They're big college football fans? 

I just don't know how many people that would otherwise be in Denton make it an annual thing to go to that game? 

I mean does that affect what, 200 people maybe ?More than that?

I'm honestly asking because I don't know. Maybe I'm way off but I don't understand why that has such an impact in UNT home games. Are there that many die hard TX or OU fans in Denton? 

Its more that they would probably stay home and watch the game than anything. Even though the game will be over by the time ours starts, by then momentum has them on the couch.

40 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

same page about beer....and our responsibility as GMG posters....yes               ;-)

I still don't think TX/OU has that much influence on our attendance....but again...just my gut feeling...

Thank God it's not the start of hunting season.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, keith said:

Let's see, the game is being televised locally...WTH, why?  And there will be some sort of ticketing, congestion, long line "issue."  Both will cause attendance to be lighter than it could be.  I'm going with 24,002. 

I think it's on ESPN 3 as well.

Edited by UNTexas