AustinFromUNT

Attendance Prediction Thread

Recommended Posts

The weather is going to be pretty nice.
It's TX-OU weekend, so don't expect any of the fringe-casual fans to show up.   

However, it appears the AD has put on quite the offensive to drum up support from the students.  Let's hope it pays off!

Give me 23,144.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas/OU is a cop out since that game is at 2:30, but I understand the thoughts there.

26,263 Bob.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the last time utsa traveled pretty well and it was bad weather.  that and the efforts put in by the university will help.  

24, 791

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys realize they announce total tickets sold, are we going with buts in seats or the announcement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So about the TX/OU game. 

I wonder how much that really affects our attendance. Does it really have a big impact? So do people that would normally go to Apogee go buy tickets and go to the TX/OU game? They're fans of TX or OU? They're big college football fans? 

I just don't know how many people that would otherwise be in Denton make it an annual thing to go to that game? 

I mean does that affect what, 200 people maybe ?More than that?

I'm honestly asking because I don't know. Maybe I'm way off but I don't understand why that has such an impact in UNT home games. Are there that many die hard TX or OU fans in Denton? 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

You guys realize they announce total tickets sold, are we going with buts in seats or the announcement?

i don't think we could ever really know the buts in seats answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

i don't think we could ever really know the buts in seats answer. 

somebody does they scan all the tickets. But its not hard to tell I go to enough events to tell full from 3/4s full to half full or less. 

I hope we sell it out and have Apogee busting at the seams, so loud those prairie chickens will have ringing ears for a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So about the TX/OU game. 

I wonder how much that really affects our attendance. Does it really have a big impact? So do people that would normally go to Apogee go buy tickets and go to the TX/OU game? They're fans of TX or OU? They're big college football fans? 

I just don't know how many people that would otherwise be in Denton make it an annual thing to go to that game? 

I mean does that affect what, 200 people maybe ?More than that?

I'm honestly asking because I don't know. Maybe I'm way off but I don't understand why that has such an impact in UNT home games. Are there that many die hard TX or OU fans in Denton? 

When were you a student?
Were there tons of Big12/SEC teams' gear all over campus when you were there?    When I was on campus back in the early aughts, there was probably a 3:1 ratio of Big12/SEC:UNT gear sported by the students.

Recalling (or now understanding) that, does it make more sense that a game between Texas and Oklahoma would garner more interest from the casual fans?   There are lots of Craig Millers out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So about the TX/OU game. 

I wonder how much that really affects our attendance. Does it really have a big impact? So do people that would normally go to Apogee go buy tickets and go to the TX/OU game? They're fans of TX or OU? They're big college football fans? 

I just don't know how many people that would otherwise be in Denton make it an annual thing to go to that game? 

I mean does that affect what, 200 people maybe ?More than that?

I'm honestly asking because I don't know. Maybe I'm way off but I don't understand why that has such an impact in UNT home games. Are there that many die hard TX or OU fans in Denton? 

I would say it MAY keep away a couple hundred fans. It's just low hanging fruit for our fan base to blame our troubles on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

When were you a student?
Were there tons of Big12/SEC teams' gear all over campus when you were there?    When I was on campus back in the early aughts, there was probably a 3:1 ratio of Big12/SEC:UNT gear sported by the students.

Recalling (or now understanding) that, does it make more sense that a game between Texas and Oklahoma would garner more interest from the casual fans?   There are lots of Craig Millers out there.

I was there in the late 90s early '00s. Yes I saw a lot of UT, A&M shirts. I would argue those types didn't go to the UNT games anyway. And of those that did.....what % of those wearing those shirts took it to the next level and actually went to the TX/OU game?

I just don't think it was large numbers. 

And likewise, I just don't see a LARGE number of people that may live in Dallas or other areas around whose choice is go to the UNT game or go to the Cotton Bowl.  "Every other Saturday I would go to UNT but today I'm gonna go to TX/OU." Doesn't add up to me.

Again....if that's the case, it CAN'T be more than a couple hundred people. My point is, there are 100 other excuses to not go to Apogee.....TX/OU seems like one that's way down the list. So yes I'm sure it happens,  but I think the impact has to be minimal.

As for the topic of the thread: I am more confident in the team overcoming past results vs our opponent this week than I am our attendance overcoming past results. We're heading in the right direction but have some work to do. 

22,500

And of course I hope I'm wrong 

 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see, the game is being televised locally...WTH, why?  And there will be some sort of ticketing, congestion, long line "issue."  Both will cause attendance to be lighter than it could be.  I'm going with 24,002. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will Craig Miller be honored at a game?  Has he ever been honored at an OU game?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

somebody does they scan all the tickets. But its not hard to tell I go to enough events to tell full from 3/4s full to half full or less. 

I hope we sell it out and have Apogee busting at the seams, so loud those prairie chickens will have ringing ears for a week. 

True, but I've gone through unscanned before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attendance will be 23,427...mark it down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Green Brigade supporters will be out in full force to show their love after the NT Daily story dared to say something that wasn’t positive...we will get 29k from them, as they forget that this actually helps athletics 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I was there in the late 90s early '00s. Yes I saw a lot of UT, A&M shirts. I would argue those types didn't go to the UNT games anyway. And of those that did.....what % of those wearing those shirts took it to the next level and actually went to the TX/OU game?

I just don't think it was large numbers. 

And likewise, I just don't see a LARGE number of people that may live in Dallas or other areas around whose choice is go to the UNT game or go to the Cotton Bowl.  "Every other Saturday I would go to UNT but today I'm gonna go to TX/OU." Doesn't add up to me.

Again....if that's the case, it CAN'T be more than a couple hundred people. My point is, there are 100 other excuses to not go to Apogee.....TX/OU seems like one that's way down the list. So yes I'm sure it happens,  but I think the impact has to be minimal.

As for the topic of the thread: I am more confident in the team overcoming past results vs our opponent this week than I am our attendance overcoming past results. We're heading in the right direction but have some work to do. 

22,500

And of course I hope I'm wrong 

 

That's not the fans I'm talking about.    I'm talking about the: "Every other Saturday I might consider going to UNT, but today I'm definitely going to watch TX/OU."    Considering there are, what? 200k alumni in the Metroplex, that number could potentially be large.
We don't have the same attendance every game.  It ebbs & flows.  The kind of fan I'm talking about is a big part of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That's not the fans I'm talking about.    I'm talking about the: "Every other Saturday I might consider going to UNT, but today I'm definitely going to watch TX/OU."    Considering there are, what? 200k alumni in the Metroplex, that number could potentially be large.
We don't have the same attendance every game.  It ebbs & flows.  The kind of fan I'm talking about is a big part of that.

And you think that's more than a couple of hundred people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I would say it MAY keep away a couple hundred fans. It's just low hanging fruit for our fan base to blame our troubles on. 

I think a couple of hundred or so is the number who don't come because of TX/OU. The folks who prefer to follow BigXII/SEC don't go to out games in any large numbers any how - having TX/OU just means to people who weren't going to come anyway have yet another excuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now