Official UTSA Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

After a week off that could not have gone any better for UNT, putting the Mean Green in the driver's seat of the Model A going to the C-USA Championship Game, the birds that don't fly come to town.  
In case you've been living under a rock for the past 5 years, UTSA has pretty much owned North Texas football... sans the lone win during the WORST YEAR EVER.
They'll likely come in here with their tiny bird ears pinned back, confident that they will be able to continue their dominance.

For the Mean Green, Jeffrey Wilson is rolling... Mason Fine is rolling... Jaylon Guyton is rolling...  basically, the entire offense is rolling.   The defense is better, but still needing to play up to their preseason billing as the clear-cut "best unit on the team" label everyone gave them.

UTSA was about to go 11-0, but now they can't do that because USM stepped in their ant pile.   They're going to be laser-focused, and emotionally-charged coming in here.   Sturm is having a nice year, making great decisions with the ball, as evidenced by his QBR, and they have some weapons on offense.   They always play UNT like it's their super bowl (I don't care what you rowdytalk trolls say), and will be looking to come here to win.

As coach Littrell always says: "Be the most excited team to play, and you'll have a chance to win in the 4th quarter."     NT has to come out excited & focused.  If they do, and remain so for 60 minutes, the tower will be green Saturday night.

Sadly, until the curse is reversed, I just cannot predict a win against these guys.  UTSA wins with an excruciating last-minute TD.

UNT: 30
UTSA: 31

Prove me wrong Mean Green.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5

Our offense has figured out how to make it almost impossible to defend. After feeling it's way through the first few weeks....they have found the right strategy.

Stop the run? Stop the downfield pass? Stop the middle pass? Tight end?

They're clicking on all cylinders. Special Teams has figured it out. Return game...best kicking game in the conference.

D is still working on improvement but it is getting better....they've made adjustments.

UTSA's hype is just that....hype. There's no substance there. They finally got tested by a good team...at home....and lost.

Yes I know....they've had our number over the years. But those days are over. This staff is for real and this team is for real.

UTSA starts out strong but we wear them down and overwhelm them.

UNT 45

UTSA 31

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, greenminer said:

My heart says we win 50-21.

My head recognizes UNT luck and thinks we will get record student attendance and they will watch us sputter to a 21 point loss.

There have been times where we had the crowd and the win, seems like some cross bars were torn down. Now seems like a good time for sell out win.