Student turnout over 6,500

GMG24

Not to be a Debbie downer, but The tickets auto-register if a student has gotten/used a ticket before..

Yes it encouraging, after the blunder for the student tickets at the Lamar game, but hopefully that # goes up before the game and those students actually show up

2 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

I am currently a student and let me say... the new way to claim your ticket is AWFUL! 

You get in that site, they tell you your ticket won't be available until game day, then when I try to claim it, it tells me I can't claim it until after kickoff. 

I went to the ticket last game day to tell them it wasn't working and they still tried to force me to use it. I wanted to use it and buy a student guest ticket. They finally caved and gave me a student ticket but made me buy a GA ticket for my buddy. It was a bad experience. 

I wasn't the only one having trouble. There were lots of students standing outside the gate trying to get their's to work. 

I emailed their help line and they were no help at all. They've advertised you can use Apple wallet to access your ticket, but again not until game day, when it probs YL won't work again  

If you want students to show up to the game. Make it easier to get tickets! 

I tweeted Wren to no avail. Please help!

Talk with @AustinFromUNT, I believe he is aware of how to fix it..

Also, the tickets are meant to be claimed before game day.. then 2-3 hours before kick off they activate giving you a code that should be scanned..

The issues should be worked out by now because of the different ways students/UNT sent in the student information. Also, I would assume if needing to buy a ticket for a friend, it’s better to just get a paper ticket in person than through the app since it’s a human over trying to figure out how the computer system wants it.. Also, @meangreen_2015 maybe able to help.

• Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not to be a Debbie downer, but The tickets auto-register if a student has gotten/used a ticket before..

Yes it encouraging, after the blunder for the student tickets at the Lamar game, but hopefully that # goes up before the game and those students actually show up

Talk with @AustinFromUNT, I believe he is aware of how to fix it..

Also, the tickets are meant to be claimed before game day.. then 2-3 hours before kick off they activate giving you a code that should be scanned..

The issues should be worked out by now because of the different ways students/UNT sent in the student information. Also, I would assume if needing to buy a ticket for a friend, it’s better to just get a paper ticket in person than through the app since it’s a human over trying to figure out how the computer system wants it.. Also, @meangreen_2015 maybe able to help.

I wanted to buy a student guest paper ticket, but they told me to do it on that student site. That's how they made me buy a GA ticket instead. 

Im going Saturday. Not looking forward to dealing with that again, but I'll be there. 

GMG!

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

I wanted to buy a student guest paper ticket, but they told me to do it on that student site. That's how they made me buy a GA ticket instead. 

Im going Saturday. Not looking forward to dealing with that again, but I'll be there. 

GMG!

If you go on the site right now and try to claim your ticket, there should be a timer for when your ticket becomes available. Mine is showing to become available at 1:45pm on Saturday (roughly a little over 4 days and 14 hours from the time of this post). Is yours showing something different?

Just now, MrStrange18 said:

GMG!

If you’re still having issues, try going into the ticket office. I know it sucks making the trip, but I’ve had multiple friends do it and it’s simple and easy they have said..

Try DMing @meangreen_2015 about it as well since he works in the ticket office. Hopefully he can bring it up and it will not fall on deaf ears.. this is the first year of no physical tickets and there will always be problems to be worked out at the start (remember this is 3rd time it’s been done) and yes it shoulda been done sooner but nothing can be done now. 

Also, they will not turn away someone (especially a student) if they are wanting to come into the game. If a gate is telling you to buy an online ticket just trade lines or don’t say your a student is what I would do or even go to and other gate like gate 3

8 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

If you go on the site right now and try to claim your ticket, there should be a timer for when your ticket becomes available. Mine is showing to become available at 1:45pm on Saturday (roughly a little over 4 days and 14 hours from the time of this post). Is yours showing something different?

I’m seeing the same..

• Lovely Take 1

Hopefully Wren is reading this thread. It should not be that dang difficult for students to get a ticket... students don't want to deal with nonsense and will just not go the game if there are hurdles and headaches....

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

I totally have to echo what Chris Fisher said.    Making it easy for UNT students to attend the game is absolutely critical.    There are probably thousands of them literally on the fence about attending.    My son is one of them and not a huge football fan in general.    I keep telling him to get a student ticket ahead of time and support his school.  But, he keeps saying it is too hard.   So, I have to buy him a ticket a ticket if I want him to show up.

I am not sure about the difficulty of getting a ticket and my son may be just trying to weasel out of attending.   But, that is the impression he has anyways.   And negative impressions spread.

I don't know the logistics or difficulty in managing student tickets.   But if there is a problem, I have no doubt Wren will address this.   If the problems of the past have been fixed, then they really need to make sure the students know that getting a ticket is now easy for them.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

I'm using this post to provide some food for thought... everyone keeps saying that student tickets need to be more easily obtainable. However, how would you accomplish this? I would say that it was/is pretty easy both before and after this switch to the digital ticket system. Before, you could either pick up your ticket in advance by stopping by the little ticket truck on the Library Mall, or you could get it right in front of Gate 4 on gameday if you're on main campus during lunch hours. All you needed was your student ID. Sounds pretty simple to me, and this system worked well for me for 5 years. Now, tickets are on your phone. You don't even have to go anywhere to get them. Just log in and boom, there it is. Yeah, there were some technical kinks at first, but I'm talking about the overall design of the delivery system in place. Both work just fine, and it's hard for me to think of anything that would make it even easier for students to get tickets.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

I'm using this post to provide some food for thought... everyone keeps saying that student tickets need to be more easily obtainable. However, how would you accomplish this? I would say that it was/is pretty easy both before and after this switch to the digital ticket system. Before, you could either pick up your ticket in advance by stopping by the little ticket truck on the Library Mall, or you could get it right in front of Gate 4 on gameday if you're on main campus during lunch hours. All you needed was your student ID. Sounds pretty simple to me, and this system worked well for me for 5 years. Now, tickets are on your phone. You don't even have to go anywhere to get them. Just log in and boom, there it is. Yeah, there were some technical kinks at first, but I'm talking about the overall design of the delivery system in place. Both work just fine, and it's hard for me to think of anything that would make it even easier for students to get tickets.

both.png

• Upvote 1

Wren and Co. need to get out ahead of this and connect with the students starting today.  Make the ticket process the easiest ever.  Sometimes convenience creates issues.  What was wrong with scanning your student ID at the gate?  Pick up tickets on campus, set up a kiosk in the Union, go to the student organization meetings, etc...

10 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

I am currently a student and let me say... the new way to claim your ticket is AWFUL! 

You get in that site, they tell you your ticket won't be available until game day, then when I try to claim it, it tells me I can't claim it until after kickoff. 

I went to the ticket last game day to tell them it wasn't working and they still tried to force me to use it. I wanted to use it and buy a student guest ticket. They finally caved and gave me a student ticket but made me buy a GA ticket for my buddy. It was a bad experience. 

I wasn't the only one having trouble. There were lots of students standing outside the gate trying to get their's to work. 

I emailed their help line and they were no help at all. They've advertised you can use Apple wallet to access your ticket, but again not until game day, when it probs YL won't work again  

If you want students to show up to the game. Make it easier to get tickets! 

I tweeted Wren to no avail. Please help!

I hate the new process too, but I imagine it is supposed to be a full-proof plan to make sure only current students are getting in for free. Prior to this season, all you had to do on game day was show your student ID (it wasn't even scanned) and they'd give you a ticket. At basketball games, sometime I didn't even have to pull out my student ID and they let me in.

That being said, I do plan on keeping my student ID after graduation so I still get discounted movie tickets.

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

I hate the new process too, but I imagine it is supposed to be a full-proof plan to make sure only current students are getting in for free. Prior to this season, all you had to do on game day was show your student ID (it wasn't even scanned) and they'd give you a ticket. At basketball games, sometime I didn't even have to pull out my student ID and they let me in.

That being said, I do plan on keeping my student ID after graduation so I still get discounted movie tickets.

My career advice: Don't graduate.  Student life is more fun.  Real life makes you grow up...sort of.

• Upvote 7

Well this at least partially explains why we have had a noticeable dip in student attendance this year.

The app sounds like a great system in theory, but it needs to freaking work or students aren't going to make the hike over the bridge to the game if they think they'll have difficulty at the gate.

11 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Also, they will not turn away someone (especially a student) if they are wanting to come into the game.

That's not the issue.  People will turn themselves away if the process sucks or they have to stand in long lines.  

Don't make it difficult.

59 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Why can't we just scan student ID's at the door?

I Agree.  Your ID *is* your ticket.  You already have it in your possession and you can scan it just like they scan it getting into a cafeteria.

2 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Well this at least partially explains why we have had a noticeable dip in student attendance this year.

The app sounds like a great system in theory, but it needs to freaking work or students aren't going to make the hike over the bridge to the game if they think they'll have difficulty at the gate.

An app you use a half a dozen times a year is not an app.  It's a disaster waiting to happen.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, keith said:

I Agree.  Your ID *is* your ticket.  You already have it in your possession and you can scan it just like they scan it getting into a cafeteria.

I mean,
There HAS to be a good reason why this is not already in place, right?   It's way too simple not to do.    There must be a reason why they're not doing it this way.

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I mean,
There HAS to be a good reason why this is not already in place, right?   It's way too simple not to do.    There must be a reason why they're not doing it this way.

Wasn't this the system at Fouts the last few years?  Even if a few do hold on to their ID's and get in free to a couple of games down the line, who cares?  They will come and spend some cash on concessions and the like.  Make it easy.  Some times technology is its own worst enemy.

• Lovely Take 1