Watch Party in Mid-Cities

Mike Jackson

I would like feedback on if there is a demand to have watch parties south of I-820 and I-635 and between I-35E and I-35W  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like the watch Party to be?

• Arlington
    • Hurst-Euless-Beford
    • North Richard Hills
    • Irving

Mean Green Alumni and fans

For away games against UTEP and teams outside of Texas, I would like to get started setting up a long term relationship with a local bar in the Mid Cities area of Dallas Fort Worth for Mean Green Football watch Parties.  I am not limited to the 4 cities listed but I would need more help establishing a relationship with cities not listed like Grand Praire.  I live slightly to the southwest of DFW Airport right along highway 183.  Therefore locations southeast of the  Highway 360 and I-30 intersection would be difficult and similarly locations southwest of the interestion of I-30 and I-820 would be difficult.  Please only vote if you stongly interested in coming to multiple watch parties every year.

Edited by Mike Jackson
Clarifying away games only
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

how about watch party @ Appogee Atadium

Funny you should mention that.  There is a great letter from Nick who works in the athletic department in another topic.  When I mentioned Alumni Pavilion expansion I started to suggest having watch parties there.  I am sure there are NCAA restrictions on broadcasting games in a stadium that isn't having a game that day.  Those restrictions might extended to "support facilities" primarily used only on game days like the current Pavilion.  Regardless it doesn't hurt to ask.  I suggest you post this idea in that thread so someone with inside connections could provide an answer as to whether it is allowed or not.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I would like to get started setting up a long term relationship with a local bar in the Mid Cities area of Dallas Fort Worth for Mean Green Football watch Parties.  I am not limited to the 4 cities listed but I would need more help establishing a relationship with cities not listed like Grand Praire.  I live slightly to the southwest of DFW Airport right along highway 183.  Therefore locations southeast of the  Highway 360 and I-30 intersection would be difficult and similarly locations southwest of the interestion of I-30 and I-820 would be difficult.  Please only vote if you stongly interested in coming to multiple watch parties every year.

I vote going to Apogee and watching the game in person...

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

You beat me to it.  I just don't understand the logic of a mid-cities watch party at a bar.  Go to the friggin' game!!!!  Am I missing something here?

2 hours ago, NTEdgex2 said:

I suspect he is referring to away games.

GMG!

Exactly,  people are so quick to give knee jerk negative reaction.   There has never been a watch party for a home game cause there is no need.  Too many students have non-watch parties in Denton after leaving Fraternity/Sorority Hill when the game starts.  I want to sustain and generate more local alumni interest especially in Tarrant and Dallas Counties.  TCU has earned fan to support by climbing up the food chain.  But it irks me anytime I hear the bogus claim SMU is Dallas' college football team.   We need to make in roads anywhere in DFW we can that isn't within a mile of TCU or SMU.   And UNT has a school more financially accessible to Dallas residents in their community right now.  

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I vote going to Apogee and watching the game in person...

That would be a great trick for away games.  Smh

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Funny you should mention that.  There is a great letter from Nick who works in the athletic department in another topic.  When I mentioned Alumni Pavilion expansion I started to suggest having watch parties there.  I am sure there are NCAA restrictions on broadcasting games in a stadium that isn't having a game that day.  Those restrictions might extended to "support facilities" primarily used only on game days like the current Pavilion.  Regardless it doesn't hurt to ask.  I suggest you post this idea in that thread so someone with inside connections could provide an answer as to whether it is allowed or not.

We watched the Ohio game in the Alumni Pavilion back in 2013, so there is precedent. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

I suspect he should be more specific and state it as such.  I mean, all we’ve been talking about is  the coming NutsaK game.

For away games against UTEP and teams outside of Texas, I would like to get started setting up a long term relationship with a local bar in the Mid Cities area of Dallas Fort Worth for Mean Green Football watch Parties.

Easy answer for those of you who think everyone can drop everything to run up to Denton, there's many of us that have more important games on weekends. Like watching my kids play in their sports and if there's time to watch UNT, possibly at a bar, then I'll choose that. I'll choose my girls over any UNT game any day, and my wife and I are both Letterman at UNT (Soccer and Football) It's called having your priorities in order. Y'all should be happy people are trying to put stuff like this together.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1