Commits: Week 7 Schedule (10/13 weekend)

UNTLifer

#76 Kameron King @ Mount Pleasant W 40-0.  371 yards of total offense

#4 Jaxon Gibbs @ Carrolton Creekview W 47-3.  No stats.  Didn't appear to play.

#9 Larry Nixon III vs. FW Poly W 64-6.  Could not find defensive stats from this game.

#16 Jason Bean vs. Red Oak (10/12) W 45-13.  One of three QB's to play for Lake Ridge.  4-8 for 40 yards and 1 int.  Rushed for 11 yards on 2 carries.

#55 Dayton Leblanc vs. Hancock County. W 48-0.  No stats

#5 Anthony Johnson @ Huntsville L 48-24.  6 rushes for 6 yards.  3 receptions for 60 yards and 1 TD.  2 KO returns for 50 yards.

#5 Jordan Hunt vs. Plano West W 56-27. Could not find defensive stats.

#79 Daizon Carroll @ Killeen W 42-10.  419 yards of total offense.

#12 Kason Martin @ Fort Bend Marshall W56-27.  6 of 14 passing for 108 yards with 2 TD's and 2 Int's.  2 rushes for -11 yards.

#74 Cole Brown @ Montgomery L 48-18.  No stats

#5 Vada King @ Copiah Lincoln C.C. (10/12) W 35-27.  3 solo, 3 assists for 6 total tackles and 2 QB hurries.

#2 Keelan Crosby @ Paris North Lamar W 44-12.  12 rushes for 109 yards and a TD.  Threw a TD pass.

#55 Jordan Redfearn vs. Community W 38-28.  No stats available.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

Anna 44, North Lamar 12

PARIS — Aaron Lee ran for 108 yards and three touchdowns on 18 carries as Anna opened district play with a victory against North Lamar.

Keelan Crosby ran for 109 yards and a TD on 12 carries and threw a touchdown pass to Noah Palshaw while Josh Abara added a touchdown run for Anna (5-1, 1-0).

Edited by Marty
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Anna 44, North Lamar 12

PARIS — Aaron Lee ran for 108 yards and three touchdowns on 18 carries as Anna opened district play with a victory against North Lamar.

Keelan Crosby ran for 109 yards and a TD on 12 carries and threw a touchdown pass to Noah Palshaw while Josh Abara added a touchdown run for Anna (5-1, 1-0).

Thanks Marty. I always have trouble finding results for Anna and a few other schools. Is this out of the Sherman paper?

16 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thanks Marty. I always have trouble finding results for Anna and a few other schools. Is this out of the Sherman paper?

I grew up 30 mins up the rode and parents get the paris paper, I'll see if i can get some more info on crosby since they played NL.

11 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Speaking of which, does anyone know how our newest QB commit did?  (Logan Holgorsen)

I don't know, but he transferred in the summer from Morgantown to St Frances, then like two weeks ago transferred back to Morgantown, so he's "being worked back in" at Morgantown, FWIW.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, outoftown said:

For the QBs on that list those were ehmm...not very encouraging numbers.

Interesting that Bean's team played three QB's in their game.  Bean had the weakest stats.  Not sure what is going with him, but it has not been an encouraging year.

Manvel is loaded and obviously didn't need Martin slinging the ball around last weekend.

27 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Why are we worrying about Bean again... The kid has talent from his multiple offers... 

Bean is likely to RS next year any way.. Let the kid get to campus and develop under SL and GH... Mason has developed A LOT under them, and Bean will develop as well. 

I think the concern is the fact that he put up 3,000 yards and 30 TD's last year, and this year he is either not playing or splitting time and his numbers are way, way down.

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I think the concern is the fact that he put up 3,000 yards and 30 TD's last year, and this year he is either not playing or splitting time and his numbers are way, way down.

None of us have any idea as to why... Worrying about why his production is down does nothing, outside of us sound like a crazy and clog up these threads.. 

Get the kid to campus and then ALLOW the staff to develop the kid.. Bean isn't going to come in here and likely start Day 1 or Day 365.. We have multiple kids that are talented.. Fine, Pearson, Quinn already on the team, Martin and Bean in the 2018 class, and the Holgerson kid for 2019... We have a needs at QB because of the lack of depth and yes he (Bean) is having a down year in terms of stats, but again NO ONE has any idea as to why outside of the HS Coach, HS OC, and Bean (possibly)...

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

None of us have any idea as to why... Worrying about why his production is down does nothing, outside of us sound like a crazy and clog up these threads.. 

Get the kid to campus and then ALLOW the staff to develop the kid.. Bean isn't going to come in here and likely start Day 1 or Day 365.. We have multiple kids that are talented.. Fine, Pearson, Quinn already on the team, Martin and Bean in the 2018 class, and the Holgerson kid for 2019... We have a needs at QB because of the lack of depth and yes he (Bean) is having a down year in terms of stats, but again NO ONE has any idea as to why outside of the HS Coach, HS OC, and Bean (possibly)...

I am not disagreeing withnyou entirely, but do you not think it is cause for concern that he is not playing much?  We don't have an unlimited supply of scholarships and don't need to be wasting them if there is a potential issue.

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I am not disagreeing withnyou entirely, but do you not think it is cause for concern that he is not playing much?  We don't have an unlimited supply of scholarships and don't need to be wasting them if there is a potential issue.

True we do not have an unlimited amount of scholarships.. But most programs usually carry 5 scholarship QBs.. Quinn will be a Sr. next year, Fine will be a Jr, Pearson should be a RS-FR with 2 true FR in Martin and Bean.. By the time Holgerson would get here Fine will be a Sr. Pearson a RS-SO, Martin/Bean will be RS-FR..

Right now we only have 3 QBs.. Carson left because of shoulder injuries, Izzy left because of playing time, O'hara left before fall camp.. The scholarship issue is likely at OL because of the # of guys we have brought in between the 2017 and should bring in with the 2018 class.. As of now the OL has/should potentially get 11 guys under SL. Parish, Newman, Weatherspoon, Brammer, Anthony, both Moses,  plus the 4 from the upcoming class.. 

SL and the staff are aware of the scholarship issues and they will be addressed but Bean is a TALENTED kid.. He is no-where near the finished product today that he will be when he leaves UNT. 

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

True we do not have an unlimited amount of scholarships.. But most programs usually carry 5 scholarship QBs.. Quinn will be a Sr. next year, Fine will be a Jr, Pearson should be a RS-FR with 2 true FR in Martin and Bean.. By the time Holgerson would get here Fine will be a Sr. Pearson a RS-SO, Martin/Bean will be RS-FR..

Right now we only have 3 QBs.. Carson left because of shoulder injuries, Izzy left because of playing time, O'hara left before fall camp.. The scholarship issue is likely at OL because of the # of guys we have brought in between the 2017 and should bring in with the 2018 class.. As of now the OL has/should potentially get 11 guys under SL. Parish, Newman, Weatherspoon, Brammer, Anthony, both Moses,  plus the 4 from the upcoming class.. 

SL and the staff are aware of the scholarship issues and they will be addressed but Bean is a TALENTED kid.. He is no-where near the finished product today that he will be when he leaves UNT. 

The thing about the  QB position is there is usually high turn over with the non starters. It ALWAYS works it's self out so I'd LOVE the problem of "too many QBs" than what we have dealt with before SL got here.

18 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

My point is this, but before I make it, let me clarify that I am not a fan of  yanking scholarship offers off the table.  But, if there is an issue, not saying there is or not, that is keeping him from playing this year and could effect him in the long run, whether it be injury or attitude, I would rather see us go after someone that is producing.  Finnegan comes to mind.

Again, I am not a fan of pulling an offer, but the offers are a two way street.  The recruiting road is littered with kids that thought they were it and never panned out, so I would prefer that we be sure we aren't bringing in an issue.  I am not questioning Bean's ability or character, as I have never seen him play or ever met him, and I trust SL's judgement to bring in the right kids, but something is up this year.