We need 3 wins

brooks91

8 minutes ago, brooks91 said:

What games are you picking for us to be at least bowl eligible?

I say guarantee wins vs UTEP, Rice, and ODU.

After the way UTEP bent us over last year I can't guarantee anything. Fix getting beat by the long ball, keep up the offensive production and we can win 7 or 8 games. 

As Belichick says we're on to UT San Antonio

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

After the way UTEP bent us over last year I can't guarantee anything. Fix getting beat by the long ball, keep up the offensive production and we can win 7 or 8 games. 

As Belichick says we're on to UT San Antonio

8 minutes ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

There are ZERO guarantee wins. Some might be less challenging than others but none of them are guaranteed, especially with our hard-working but still inconsistent and maturing team.

Agree with both of you. Let me rephrase.

what are our 3 "most likely" wins?

• Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

There are ZERO guarantee wins. Some might be less challenging than others but none of them are guaranteed, especially with our hard-working but still inconsistent and maturing team.

I totally agree with you. 

However,  there are ZERO guaranteed losses either.

• Upvote 1

Still sticking to my 8-4 prediction and hoping to be surprised by this team and disappointed I didn't trust them to win more.  There isn't a game on our schedule we are not capable of winning if we stay focused and play to our potential.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Spoken like a fan with a "I didn't come here to lose" attitude.

Seth Littrell should use this as his motivation speech this week... just replace 'third in Iowa' with 'second'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0

Edited by golfingomez
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I think this team is capable of winning more than 3 out of the next 7 games.

I do too and would actually be down on the team if we go to Houston 11/25 looking for the win to gain bowl-eligibility with a 5-6 record. 
I mean, we would likely win the game to get eligible, don't get me wrong, but it would be pretty disappointing after getting out to a 2-0 start to conference play.

Honestly, if we're not bowl eligible on, or before, the evening of 11/11, I'll be somewhat-disappointed.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Still sticking to my 8-4 prediction and hoping to be surprised by this team and disappointed I didn't trust them to win more.  There isn't a game on our schedule we are not capable of winning if we stay focused and play to our potential.

Curious who disagreed with my opinion.  Would love to hear your opinion as to who we are not capable of beating.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Curious who disagreed with my opinion.  Would love to hear your opinion as to who we are not capable of beating.

Capable of =/= Likely to

Any given Saturday(I wasn't the one to downvote you). I'm gonna stick with 6-6 for now. Too many questions on defense IMO

I'm feeling better about my pre-season 7 - 5 prediction for the regular season. There might be a banana peel or two along the way but I think we can go 4 - 3 from here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Honest question, not to poo-poo on FAU but why are we thinking they will be an L, no one has picked us vs FAU? 

I’m going to assume it’s because they like to vertical and that has been our problem area? 

I honestly only see 1 more "L" on the schedule.  The rest are toss-ups or "W's".

i put FAU in toss-up due to the way they're playing & the game being in Boca Raton.