So. Miss vs UTSA

MeanGreen_MBA

2 hours ago, p_phelps said:

well Fine puts 40+ on everyone, it's our secondary that we are worried about. I originally was planning a fun weekend trip to Colorado with the GF. Told her today we are tailgating and  going to the UNT game instead! (She went to TWU and she was cool with it) Lets pack the house for this one!

You definitely have your priorities right!

• Lovely Take 3

5 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I still say everyone got all jazzed up by their 3-0 start. Had they not been able to skip the Houston game, they would be 3-2 and seen as a middle of the pack CUSA team. They wouldn't have stupid articles written about them going undefeated. They just got beat at home by a team we hammered at their place. They beat Baylor yes. But there is a good chance they go 0-fer this year. 

I'm not going to overlook them. The only thing that worries me is for some reason they've had our number. But I simply think we're the better team and I fully expect to win this game. They WERE this year's "sexy" pick. We know what happens to sexy teams that come to Denton after starting off hot....

If we lose this game the coaches will have some explaining to do....

I don't think so.   They've already won one they weren't supposed to.  Most had SoMiss as a loss, & most also had UTSA as a loss as well.

16 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

I am suppose to go to a family reunion.  Thinking about telling them this game is more important and driving up there.  Might be famlyless after this weekend.  

Rowdy, you’re a good fan who has his priorities right. Remember,

nUTSAk vs North Texas > family reunion.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I agree.  This team has presented a bucket of issues for us in the past.  We had better come out be extra crispy in our execution.  This game could come down to Trevor Moore's leg, Wilson's strong thighs and packing loud fans into the wing.  

Hmm...wonder what the UNT Dancers could contribute to this?

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I agree.  This team has presented a bucket of issues for us in the past.  We had better come out be extra crispy in our execution.  This game could come down to Trevor Moore's leg, Wilson's strong thighs and packing loud fans into the wing.  

wIk7s0eb.png

55 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't think so.   They've already won one they weren't supposed to.  Most had SoMiss as a loss, & most also had UTSA as a loss as well.

But my mindset on this team has changed after 5 games. What I mean is if we have a solid game plan and the team is prepared.....we shouldn't lose this game. 

If we lose this game because we were out coached, I will be extremely disappointed. 

UT's Southern Extension Campus hasn't shown one thing this season that would lead me to believe they're a better team. They had an extremely weak schedule and then got beat at home by a team we drilled on the road. The best thing to happen to them this year is not having to play one of their games. I mean if they would've played Houston and gotten beat 38-17 or something. (Probably about right) no one would give them a 2nd thought. If we have a solid game plan, and the team is prepared, we should win. And it shouldn't be a shock. 

So I put this game squarely on the coaches' shoulders. And I think if we lose....it will be because we got outcoached. And I can't accept that given where our staff is compared to theirs. No excuse to get out coached by a staff that has been there the same amount of time ours has. 

Yes my bar is raised now. 

And for the record. I think we will out coach them. And I think we will win this game. And I really don't think it will be that close. 

I'm not looking past them. I just think we're good. And I think we're about to get on a roll. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

But my mindset on this team has changed after 5 games. What I mean is if we have a solid game plan and the team is prepared.....we shouldn't lose this game. 

If we lose this game because we were out coached, I will be extremely disappointed. 

UT's Southern Extension Campus hasn't shown one thing this season that would lead me to believe they're a better team. They had an extremely weak schedule and then got beat at home by a team we drilled on the road. The best thing to happen to them this year is not having to play one of their games. I mean if they would've played Houston and gotten beat 38-17 or something. (Probably about right) no one would give them a 2nd thought. If we have a solid game plan, and the team is prepared, we should win. And it shouldn't be a shock. 

So I put this game squarely on the coaches' shoulders. And I think if we lose....it will be because we got outcoached. And I can't accept that given where our staff is compared to theirs. No excuse to get out coached by a staff that has been there the same amount of time ours has. 

Yes my bar is raised now. 

And for the record. I think we will out coach them. And I think we will win this game. And I really don't think it will be that close. 

I'm not looking past them. I just think we're good. And I think we're about to get on a roll. 

Sounds about right after a shocking win for UNT last week followed by a dud game for UTSA.

Remember, this is the same team that was drummed by SMU a month ago.

Im all about raising the bar, just temper the sure-win talk regarding a team that has had our number over their brief history.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Sounds about right after a shocking win for UNT last week followed by a dud game for UTSA.

Remember, this is the same team that was drummed by SMU a month ago.

Im all about raising the bar, just temper the sure-win talk regarding a team that has had our number over their brief history.

Good point. They’re favored right now and I’m not surprised.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see UT San Antonio come in and beat us pretty handily. Downvote me all you want, but it’s what they do.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

So, what happened to Griggs (Southern Miss starter vs UNT)?  Looks like Keon Howard played against UTSA and Griggs didn't get a snap.

PASSING  Cmp-Att-Int  Yds  TD  Long  Sack 
Howard, Keon   15-20-0  212  48 
Parks, Tez   0-1-0 
Totals...  15-21-0  212  48 

Griggs was pretty inefficient against us by comparison:

Griggs, Kwadra   19-42-0  270  45 
Totals...  19-42-0  270  45  2

I didn't read through this entire thread, so apologies if this has been discussed....

29 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

So, what happened to Griggs (Southern Miss starter vs UNT)?  Looks like Keon Howard played against UTSA and Griggs didn't get a snap.

Howard, Keon   15-20-0  212  48 
Parks, Tez   0-1-0 
Totals...  15-21-0  212  48 

Griggs was pretty inefficient against us by comparison:

Griggs, Kwadra   19-42-0  270  45 
Totals...  19-42-0  270  45  2

I didn't read through this entire thread, so apologies if this has been discussed....

Apparent arm injury, so I've heard.