NCAA About to Release Findings and Penalties on UNC

Cerebus

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, Cerebus said:

NCAA is dead.  When the B12 GOR ends, I think it is time for whoever doesn't end up in the P4 to seriously consider forming a new governance body.   

So the GOR for the Big XII runs out in 2025. Its my belief that the Power 4 + the Big East in hoops will pull away and form their own organization or the NCAA will just let them separate fully so as to keep their revenues from the NCAA Tournaments and College World Series. The networks are practically begging for this to occur, as is most of the college media.

What will be interesting is to see what happens to the rest of us. I think that the higher level leagues, such as the AAC and MWC, as well as basketball leagues like the A-10 and the WCC, will have some kind of status that allows them to have quasi-membership in playing with the power leagues, probably allowing their top teams to play in the NCAA Tournaments, as well as to play them in OOC games in football (AAC and MWC only). But the rest of us will have to either accept that we are in a lower level for just football or may even have to be in a level that doesn't include being in the top level for all sports. I can see the football dropping to a FCS-like level being the first step, but the future involving a full separation for all revenue sports. I don't think it will ever keep non-revenue sports from being able to play each other, though.