---All I know is most people who use guns "everyday" ( most rural people) refer to the part on the gun that is not removed as a magazine ... It can be the tube below the barrel as in a shotgun or many 22's.  If it can be moved and attached .. it is refered to as a clip due to the sound made inserting it .  I don't care what that video of a weekend hunter says..(probably a city-slicker or someone not in the Southwest) ... On a ship the definition changes again.. the magazine is the storage room for ammunition .. ... .  geeez ....Why  be so picky .. plus why call people ignorant.. That says something about them. ..... Does it really matter that much...... 

Note----  paper "clips" are removable ... and  "movie clips"  are bits removed from a movie.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

2 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

---All I know is most people who use guns "everyday" ( most rural people) refer to the part on the gun that is not removed as a magazine ... It can be the tube below the barrel as in a shotgun or many 22's.  If it can be moved and attached .. it is refered to as a clip due to the sound made inserting it .  I don't care what that video of a weekend hunter says..(probably a city-slicker or someone not in the Southwest) ... On a ship the definition changes again.. the magazine is the storage room for ammunition .. ... .  geeez ....Why  be so picky .. plus why call people ignorant.. That says something about them. ..... Does it really matter that much...... 

Note----  paper "clips" are removable ... and  "movie clips"  are bits removed from a movie.

You are correct insomuch as "Hickok 45" (that is his "stage" name) lives around Nashville, TN. He has a ton of videos out there on a variety of topics. I personally like his reviews of weapons that I might consider buying. He is authoritative but his presentation style is "folksy". Here is his biographical info...not as dumb as he looks! :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hickok45

On 11/16/2017 at 10:57 AM, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Ok ----- but I don't consider people who refer to a herd as cows as being  ignorant... when in fact many of them are actually male... bulls, steers, or young males...  that is your deal not mine.... 

I didn't bring up cows, you did.  But, as a loyal leftist does when losing an arguement...you change the subject so we might as well move on to cows.

Or, how bout Hot Rods?  Any interest there?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It is not about cows .. it was all about calling people ignorant or making some other insulting remark  .. you know that . Not everyone knows everything about everything  either although some people would like people to think they do.  .. .. That was also the  point...  Also calling  people bully names which one guy does a lot doesn't gain them any respect...  

Heard a great speaker last night talking about a number of topics, but what stood out to me is when he mentioned the lost art of civility.  Being in disagreement with someone is alright, but we have lost the art of having civil discussions over these differing opinions.  People are too quick to label, name call or put down their "opponent" and their message is lost on each other.  First, I took this as a gut punch because I can be guilty of this, but then as I listened, I found it sad that this is what we have become.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Heard a great speaker last night talking about a number of topics, but what stood out to me is when he mentioned the lost art of civility.  Being in disagreement with someone is alright, but we have lost the art of having civil discussions over these differing opinions.  People are too quick to label, name call or put down their "opponent" and their message is lost on each other.  First, I took this as a gut punch because I can be guilty of this, but then as I listened, I found it sad that this is what we have become.

This is true, though in 66''s case...he's one of the most sensitive posters here.  It doesn't take much to offend him.  He even got twisted up over a harmless stick figure avatar of mine 8 years ago.  I've tried to tip toe around his feelings when correcting him because he cannot handle it.  I've even apologized..(look for  anyone else who has on this board and you won't find many).  

So it is what it is.

Rick 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 11/18/2017 at 12:43 PM, FirefightnRick said:

This is true, though in 66''s case...he's one of the most sensitive posters here.  It doesn't take much to offend him.  He even got twisted up over a harmless stick figure avatar of mine 8 years ago.  I've tried to tip toe around his feelings when correcting him because he cannot handle it.  I've even apologized..(look for  anyone else who has on this board and you won't find many).  

So it is what it is.

Rick 

Well, I wasn't asking you to call anyone out, but I think this is a good example.  What's the purpose of calling another poster out.  Civility starts at home, with self.  We can't control other's reactions, but by trying to be civil maybe it will rub off on the next person.  Just a thought and a good challenge.

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2017 at 12:43 PM, FirefightnRick said:

So it is what it is.

Rick 

---I remember nothing about any stick figure..... I do remember you calling me "unpatriotic" and many other things plus changing my comments with  "Fixed It"  portraying me believing things I did not believe and say .. and sometimes others reacted as if I really did ... Not as bad as "90" though (he even used  obscene terms about me .. and was finally banned)  ... If I said I loved my mother he would claim I believed in incest .. he was terrible. 

Why did you call me those things eight? years ago????  .. because I thought the Iraq invasion was a mistake and also defended France's decision to  not assist us in the invasion .... They did not think Iraq had nuclear weapons or a nuclear program and worse thought any invasion would destabilize the Middle East worse than it was already ..... How did things turn out..???...... not good ....  None were found and the Middle East is a total mess now ... worse than before our 2003  invasion.. I have been in France several times, not my favorite country, but nothing like you tried to portray them. . They have helped us a lot through the years... they blockaded Yorktown preventing resupplying the British or evacuating them even... plus much more .. including selling us Louisiana and providing us with the Statue of Liberty... a small copy is in the Seine River  in Paris. . 

Sensitive ... It might be you ...... You don't like anyone to question what you believe....  but remember we are allowed to have opinions also ..... just as France is an independent country and can do what they want to do....  it may not be what we want them to do but they have that right...  .   

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1