UNT trying to stop Trump Jr campus talk?

32 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

He was about 180 degrees opposite any Constitutional Conservative (as myself) or Republican but did you see us whining, crying, going apeshit nuts when he won twice

Um, yes. It was on every social media site daily and has not yet abated. I see stuff about Hilary daily and she lost. Let's not pretend that either side has a moral high ground in complaining about these things.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

Social media is not the same as being (obvious) unemployed (except by Soros) street marchers who burned buildings down to the ground.  That was all Deep State created tommyrot that persists to this day.  I hope a Division or 2 of U.S. Marines don't eventually have to get in the faces of all those antifa types who would probably squeal like school girls & run home to mommy (or their therapist). 

Enjoyed the dialogue but done & moving on...

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Scattershootin' Back At You From the Hip:

You didn't see the almost solid Red Electoral College map on 11/9/16?  The part of America that counts & puts candidates in the White House "IS" the majority.  Sorry (back). Trump?  He was my #18 choice out of 17 candidates but he's the president so I respect that.  He will be effective in removing Marxists from having any future say about anything that concerns America & that a reason many voted for him plus the future Supreme Court. 

Obama? He was about 180 degrees polar opposite any Constitutional Conservative (as myself) or Republican but did you see us whining, crying, going apeshit nuts when he won twice?   No, you didn't because it's all about one's "raisin' ", morals, values & principles.  The distinction of the 2 parties in those areas couldn't be more plain for all to see.

If Lying (lost in space) Hillary got her wish & there were no electoral college that would mean future campaigns would only be in CA, NY & TX & large Democrat-run  disasters called cities.  Hell, truth be told that's where Trump probably needs to build all his damn walls until the populous of such start acting more civil, especially toward each other.

Yet with no Electoral College the rest  of the country would get no say in any election. The Founding Fathers sorta knew what they were doing & also foresaw what future obstructionists might try to pull.  Note: Observe the last 8 years under America's first communist born & raised president who'd tell a lie even when telling the truth would be so much easier.   Did I mention his color at all here?  No I didn't, but I'd still be called a racists anyhow in the Land of the Snowflakes where truth, justice & the American way are total strangers. 

The Dems leader's problems other than being childish, immature losers are they are more about themselves than Americans.  They never have solutions that help every day Americans. Seems the whole world is watching their far left answers to everything almost daily.  Some are probably amused.

CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN, DEMS...but the mountain you'll  never climb or receive votes are from  the Evangelicals & Conservative Catholics.  These 2 have galvanized as the largest voting bloc in America as to where the closest to the White House a Dem will ever get the rest of a Millennial's lifetime will be as a janitor.  

Plumm, you're a great Mean Green supporter, but oh my God!

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Scattershootin' Back At You From the Hip:

You didn't see the almost solid Red Electoral College map on 11/9/16?  The part of America that counts & puts candidates in the White House "IS" the majority.  Sorry (back). Trump?  He was my #18 choice out of 17 candidates but he's the president so I respect that.  He will be effective in removing Marxists from having any future say about anything that concerns America & that a reason many voted for him plus the future Supreme Court. 

Obama? He was about 180 degrees polar opposite any Constitutional Conservative (as myself) or Republican but did you see us whining, crying, going apeshit nuts when he won twice?   No, you didn't because it's all about one's "raisin' ", morals, values & principles.  The distinction of the 2 parties in those areas couldn't be more plain for all to see.

If Lying (lost in space) Hillary got her wish & there were no electoral college that would mean future campaigns would only be in CA, NY & TX & large Democrat-run  disasters called cities.  Hell, truth be told that's where Trump probably needs to build all his damn walls until the populous of such start acting more civil, especially toward each other.

Yet with no Electoral College the rest  of the country would get no say in any election. The Founding Fathers sorta knew what they were doing & also foresaw what future obstructionists might try to pull.  Note: Observe the last 8 years under America's first communist born & raised president who'd tell a lie even when telling the truth would be so much easier.   Did I mention his color at all here?  No I didn't, but I'd still be called a racists anyhow in the Land of the Snowflakes where truth, justice & the American way are total strangers. 

The Dems leader's problems other than being childish, immature losers are they are more about themselves than Americans.  They never have solutions that help every day Americans. Seems the whole world is watching their far left answers to everything almost daily.  Some are probably amused.

CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN, DEMS...but the mountain you'll  never climb or receive votes are from  the Evangelicals & Conservative Catholics.  These 2 have galvanized as the largest voting bloc in America as to where the closest to the White House a Dem will ever get the rest of a Millennial's lifetime will be as a janitor.  

you're cute.

so much to dissect here...but just for kicks...have you ever considered that your "American way" or your "everyday Americans" aren't a universal discripter? 

Or that you just told 53% of Americans, many of them veterans and police officers and teachers and apple pie bakers (how else can I wrap myself in the flag to hide my contempt for those who disagree?) their votes don't matter?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

I'm 66.  Truman was President when I was born.  I saw "white only" water fountains in Angleton, Texas.  We were Baptist & told racism was a sin  back in the 50's.  I think it still is.  Most Baby Boomers in Texas got "proper raisin'." My parents were Democrats who finally saw where that party was headed.  Clinton & Obama proved them to be to right. It's a freakin' train wreck from those 2.  Now they are Deep State with what I will predict are gloomy futures. Too many in the heartland clung to their guns & religion which for Democrats are like a crucifix to a vampire. 🙄

I realize a public university forum for the "enlightened" (my butt) progressive is a Lions den for a Constitutional Conservative, but at least we do listen to obstructionists dialogue while they try to shut ours down. SEE UC-BERKELEY. Admirable, aren't they?

We didn't march & burn buildings down during communist born & communist raised Obama's train wreck of a presidency.  It's called having class--a complete stranger to those apparently born in a barn; you know, like animals?

Yet look at the entire list & cast of Democratic Party characters beginning with Weinstein & that list gets much, much longer & translates into a sad comedy.  The Dems daily post-election crybaby behavior has caused them to lose  the heartland of America who will never vote Democrat in your lifetime again. Every time they open their "resistance" mouths they lose another 10,000 votes so........just keep on talking, Pelosi, Schumer, Menendez, Franken (what a joke), Waters, Feinstein,  Gov. Moonbeam Brown, etc, etc & a thousand more et ceteras.

Am I still cute?  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

On 10/18/2017 at 5:58 AM, GTWT said:

No.

I know you are but who am I? LOL!

I love Libs!  They have nothing but isolate & demonize for America & that they learned from their bible, i.e.,  Alinsky's "Rules For Radicals."  Losing 1,000 Democrat seats the last 8 years suggests America just ain't buying in to polarizing with identity politics & certainly not isolate & demonize tactics. 2020 will solidify that. 

I don't like Trump's arrogance, but we didn't vote for him to win Popularity Contests.  We know now winners of those from the usual skewed polls sometimes means they aren't worth a jar of warm spit as a leader.   We voted for Trump (because for crissakes Hillary was the other choice); but we voted for him to front load the Supreme Court with about 2-3 more Scalias & to remove about 150 Marxist federal judges across the land to retirement homes like some public universities have become for those who cannot do.  (My professors at UNT were not part of that group, especially one Dr. Mike Campbell--best history teacher I ever had at any level).

GO MEAN GREEN! ➡️  With that I believe we can all agree.  Moving on...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I'm 66.  Truman was President when I was born.  I saw "white only" water fountains in Angleton, Texas.  We were Baptist & told racism was a sin  back in the 50's.  I think it still is.  Most Baby Boomers in Texas got "proper raisin'." My parents were Democrats who finally saw where that party was headed.  Clinton & Obama proved them to be to right. It's a freakin' train wreck from those 2.  Now they are Deep State with what I will predict are gloomy futures. Too many in the heartland clung to their guns & religion which for Democrats are like a crucifix to a vampire. 🙄

I realize a public university forum for the "enlightened" (my butt) progressive is a Lions den for a Constitutional Conservative, but at least we do listen to obstructionists dialogue while they try to shut ours down. SEE UC-BERKELEY. Admirable, aren't they?

We didn't march & burn buildings down during communist born & communist raised Obama's train wreck of a presidency.  It's called having class--a complete stranger to those apparently born in a barn; you know, like animals?

Yet look at the entire list & cast of Democratic Party characters beginning with Weinstein & that list gets much, much longer & translates into a sad comedy.  The Dems daily post-election crybaby behavior has caused them to lose  the heartland of America who will never vote Democrat in your lifetime again. Every time they open their "resistance" mouths they lose another 10,000 votes so........just keep on talking, Pelosi, Schumer, Menendez, Franken (what a joke), Waters, Feinstein,  Gov. Moonbeam Brown, etc, etc & a thousand more et ceteras.

Am I still cute?  

Are you allowed to call yourself a real republican after apparently being raised by a couple of flip floppin' libs?

;-)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Social media is not the same as being (obvious) unemployed (except by Soros) street marchers who burned buildings down to the ground.  That was all Deep State created tommyrot that persists to this day.  I hope a Division or 2 of U.S. Marines don't eventually have to get in the faces of all those antifa types who would probably squeal like school girls & run home to mommy (or their therapist). 

Enjoyed the dialogue but done & moving on...

GMG!

I was responding to the comment that conservatives didn't whine and complain 8 years, not equating rioting and whining. Not sure why you insinuated that I had. I stand by that statement, whining and complaining and going on and on about it on social media definitely happened and is still ongoing, though there was a whole movement that protested and such, but whatever. 

11 hours ago, GTWT said:

God bless you Plum.  May your university prosper & your politics implode.

IMPLODE?  LOL!  Thanks for the blessing😇

I LOVE ALL MY LIBERAL FRIENDS & RELATIVES!  💚💚💚💚 See me at Apogee & you get a beer or soft drink on my nickel (or is it $5)?  I'm really a better listener than talker--I learn from everyone both sides of the aisle.

One of the characteristics of a successful & well-rounded university is its diversification & openness to discourse. I believe that's what the Founding Fathers had in mind for our democracy.  God bless them for all the hell they had do endure from King George III & Company.

(Pardon me, but I'm still pumped from the last 2 minutes last Saturday night at fabulous Apogee)! 

GO

MEAN

GREEN!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, FirefightnRick said:

And it won't until the damage he's caused subsides.

Rick

You're right, of course.  I really suspect that the damage caused by this administration will be very long term.  It could have been worse.  If not for the courage of Republicans like McLain, Corker, & Collins who knows how profound the damage would have been.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Sure, if you define "went well" as paying six figures to talk to 800 people in a venue that holds 100k. 

If you define trash talking university systems except being able to congratulate UNT on keeping its party schooooooolness. So awesome. So well. So much time well spent. 

• Downvote 4

13 hours ago, GTWT said:

One of those 'stooges' is an American hero.  Or do you prefer heroes that weren't captured?

I don't dispute that he is a war hero but that does not make one a good politician.  I never jnderstood that argument.  It is like he should be immune from criticism, and in my eyes, that is wrong.

13 hours ago, GTWT said:

One of those 'stooges' is an American hero.  Or do you prefer heroes that weren't captured?

You mean who's name you got incorrect?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't dispute that he is a war hero but that does not make one a good politician.  I never jnderstood that argument.  It is like he should be immune from criticism, and in my eyes, that is wrong.

You mean who's name yoj gkt incorrect?

"It is like he should be immune from criticism, and in my eyes, that is wrong."

There's a difference between criticism & the kind of name calling a 12 year-old might engage in.  Calling Senator McCain (there, I got it right!) a 'stooge' is as bad as calling President Trump a 'moron'.  

2 hours ago, GTWT said:

"It is like he should be immune from criticism, and in my eyes, that is wrong."

There's a difference between criticism & the kind of name calling a 12 year-old might engage in.  Calling Senator McCain (there, I got it right!) a 'stooge' is as bad as calling President Trump a 'moron'.  

Touche'.  You can call Trump whatever you want.  Doesn't really bother me.  I don't think he is a moron, but he is a blowhard.  McCain, as a politician, should have been put out to pasture years ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

18 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Sure, if you define "went well" as paying six figures to talk to 800 people in a venue that holds 100k. 

If you define trash talking university systems except being able to congratulate UNT on keeping its party schooooooolness. So awesome. So well. So much time well spent. 

Not even close to the gist of his speech.  Were you there?  I was and actually listened to what he had to say.  The guy is not good at delivering jokes during a speech.  That is for sure and his attempts at humor went over like the proverbial "lead balloon" at the event.  Not that anyone was put off by them, just that they were not delivered at the right time or with the correct joke-like content.  You pluck 10 seconds out of an hour long talk and suggest that was the content.  

And, folks wonder where fake news gets started and/or perpetuated.  

It is interesting how folks refuse to even consider what someone might have to say if they do not say exactly what that person already believes.  What fun is that?  Open your opportunities up to different views...it won't kill you, it won't turn your belief system on its head, but it might provide some interesting nuggets of information to ponder.  I heard Trump, Jr. speak this week, on Nov. 1st I am attending a talk on campus entitled "The Accidental Activist" presented by the author of a new book on the couple who broke the gay marriage barrier in Texas. Why not? The opportunities to learn or hear various sides of issues is endless on a campus if it does not limit free speech.  At this point, even though our President may have tried, UNT does not stifle free speech. I am hoping it stays that way in spite of a minority of faculty and students who feel opposing views are not worthy to even present.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Not even close to the gist of his speech.  Were you there?  I was and actually listened to what he had to say.  The guy is not good at delivering jokes during a speech.  That is for sure and his attempts at humor went over like the proverbial "lead balloon" at the event.  Not that anyone was put off by them, just that they were not delivered at the right time or with the correct joke-like content.  You pluck 10 seconds out of an hour long talk and suggest that was the content.  

We should be ashamed for having such a poor speaker there. Guh. 

On 10/18/2017 at 6:37 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

I know you are but who am I? LOL!

I love Libs!  

They prefer to be called Libertarians. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

And, folks wonder where fake news gets started and/or perpetuated.  

It is interesting how folks refuse to even consider what someone might have to say if they do not say exactly what that person already believes.  What fun is that? 

I don't have to pay $5000 for the privilege to know what type of guy he is and what he has to say when given the chance.

Do you follow his twitter? He is a vile human. He, himself, portrays himself in that light. I do not have to make any of it up. 

He is insulting, conceited and incredibly small minded. But yes, let's not use his own words to judge him. It must be some 'fake news' situation.

But here is where the 'free press' should be invited to cover a speech without having to buy a table. We would have more sources and the news could be less -- 'fake'?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3