Wren From the Ropes With the People’s Elbow

AustinFromUNT

Home of the original Mean Green should be wordmarked ASAP.  We've done a fair job of trademarking indicia, but we need to do the wordmark registration to protect Mean Green.  Of course, we have lots of video and newspaper proof of your starting to use Mean Green as far back as the late 60's.  Big programs and big communications companies won't think twice about poaching Mean Green if it serves their interests.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, drex said:

Home of the original Mean Green should be wordmarked ASAP.  We've done a fair job of trademarking indicia, but we need to do the wordmark registration to protect Mean Green.  Of course, we have lots of video and newspaper proof of your starting to use Mean Green as far back as the late 60's.  Big programs and big communications companies won't think twice about poaching Mean Green if it serves their interests.

disagree vehemently.  Acknowledging that others try to use the term with anything other than a cease and desist is not the route to take.  It's a trademarked term. If they want the Long D of Daddy Justice then continue trying to use it. 

I am advocating the additional word mark Home of the original Mean Green, just as Coca-Cola word marks its slogans (i.e.for all you do this Coke's for you, etc.) in addition to the obvious trademarking of their logos.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, drex said:

Made me think of...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

I don’t think they plan to change their name from Trojans to Mean Green. They just forgot we existed. But is this what we want North Texas to become? 

Trojans?  Spartans.   It was probably a simple mistake made by an ESPN intern who didn't realize it was a protected trademark.  However, we still have to defend it legally. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

I don’t think they plan to change their name from Trojans to Mean Green. They just forgot we existed. But is this what we want North Texas to become? 

This is how our brand can die. We are the only Mean Green and allowing others to take the name whenever they want, that will lose us our individuality. If MSU likes it, why wouldn't they start selling it on shirts? Where does it end? Also, the typical college football fan then says that we stole their name not knowing the true history. This is absolutely the time to stop them.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

Also... I mean... if Wren really did drop a People’s Elbow... Wouldn’t we all be pissed at yet another missed opportunity to reach out to a wealthy alum with a nice ( and vastly more effective)  Stone Cold Stunner??

we need to expect more from this AD. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

Also... I mean... if Wren really did drop a People’s Elbow... Wouldn’t we all be pissed at yet another missed opportunity to reach out to a wealthy alum with a nice ( and vastly more effective)  Stone Cold Stunner??

we need to expect more from this AD. 

You could even say Portland St hit us with the ferocious Rock Bottom in 2015....

6 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Trojans?  Spartans.   It was probably a simple mistake made by an ESPN intern who didn't realize it was a protected trademark.  However, we still have to defend it legally. 

No, this was not a simple mistake, and it's not the first time.  I remember hearing something about MSU trying to use "Mean Green" before, probably last season.

• Upvote 1