Key Stats Going Into the Bye

AustinFromUNT

2 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Fine, Guyton, and Wilson are the most entertaining players I've ever watched at North Texas. 

I didn't see them all perform together, but the backfield that had Steve Ramsey, our first 1K rusher Leo Taylor (who played Canadian ball), and record setting WR's Ron Shanklin and Barry Moore might have been an entertaining group to watch.

Jordan Case, Bernard Jackson (1400 yrds), Fred Gordon, Bruce Chambers, Charles Murry and Terrell at TE, were pretty entertaining.

Scott Davis, D.Collins, D. McGinty, M.Moon, and Marcus Camper AKA the "Flying Wishbone" were very entertaining.

Mitch Maher and his crew were fun to watch

Scott Hall and his varied backfields (depending on the year) of Galbreath, Cobbs, Hicks, Thomas, and Quinn were impressive.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

Kind of lost in the offensive outburst is the performance of Trevor Moore. Currently tied for 10th in country with 9 FG's made.. has been nothing but clutch so far 

@Censored by Laurie and I were texting after the game about what an awesome weapon Moore is for us. He's been incredible!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I'd venture to say we will have one of the top ranked teams offensively in the nation. Incredible. 

10 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

The progress offensively this year has been amazing to watch. So refreshing to have so many dynamic skill players.

Each of these have been the hallmarks of Litrell’s career at every stop.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

IIRC, Jamario's first collegiate touch was a TD run vs. CU?

I think he also had a TD run that year which involved losing his shoe

Actually his first touches were two meaningless carries late during a blowout loss to Texas in the opening of the season in '04.  Those two carries turned out to be huge at the end of the season because they greatly reduced his yards-per-game average. 

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

2 hours ago, Ken14 said:

Lets not forget tough as nails Scott Hall.....now if Fine follows that path.....look out!!!

I loved Scott Hall.  Great leader and decksion maker, but let's be honest here.  Fine is a better passer, has a better arm and is mkre athletic than Hall.  I am not even trying to diminish anything about Hall, but Fine is a better QB skill-wise.

Here's some Jamario for the younger crowd.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Lovely Take 2

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I loved Scott Hall.  Great leader and decksion maker, but let's be honest here.  Fine is a better passer, has a better arm and is mkre athletic than Hall.  I am not even trying to diminish anything about Hall, but Fine is a better QB skill-wise.

Not yet.

Some of the pressure that gets to Fine is because there are adjustments to be made that don't get made.   He'll get there.

My biggest yard stick for qbs across systems and eras is TD-INT.  Hall's Jr and Sr years that rate was 27-9, 3-1 in other words.  

Take out the the Lamar game and Fine is at 8-4 (2-1).

I think it's fair to take out the Lamar game because Hall didn't play any FCS teams those two years, the OOC schedue was:

2003: Oklahoma, Baylor, Air Force, Arkansas

2004: Texas, FAU, Colorado, Baylor

Now, is Fine a better QB as a second year player than Hall was?  I think so.  Is he a better QB than Hall was as an upper classman?  I don't think so.  If he stays healthy and continues to develop I expect him to become the best QB I have ever seen in a Mean Green uniform.  

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Not yet.

Some of the pressure that gets to Fine is because there are adjustments to be made that don't get made.   He'll get there.

My biggest yard stick for qbs across systems and eras is TD-INT.  Hall's Jr and Sr years that rate was 27-9, 3-1 in other words.  

Take out the the Lamar game and Fine is at 8-4 (2-1).

I think it's fair to take out the Lamar game because Hall didn't play any FCS teams those two years, the OOC schedue was:

2003: Oklahoma, Baylor, Air Force, Arkansas

2004: Texas, FAU, Colorado, Baylor

Now, is Fine a better QB as a second year player than Hall was?  I think so.  Is he a better QB than Hall was as an upper classman?  I don't think so.  If he stays healthy and continues to develop I expect him to become the best QB I have ever seen in a Mean Green uniform.  

Were the Belt teams any better than FCS?

• Downvote 1