STUDENTS!!

Ryan Munthe

7 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Highlight of my student career:

Halloween night against Rice during the great stand game. My buddy and I are yelling at the Rice bench. My buddy tells their defensive coordinator to go recruit better players and the coach turns around, looks at us, and tells us to F off. Definitely better than the times I was threatened to be ejected. 

Highlight of mine was when we played WKU and their coordinator got three DWIs in a month. I made a sign draped over the wall which read “DWI, it’s as easy as 1. 2. 3.” with his mug shot. That got some reactions.

I mean The Stand was the top moment but I mean my finest moment was clearly that sign.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Highlight of my student career:

Halloween night against Rice during the great stand game. My buddy and I are yelling at the Rice bench. My buddy tells their defensive coordinator to go recruit better players and the coach turns around, looks at us, and tells us to F off. Definitely better than the times I was threatened to be ejected. 

Mine was watching my buddy take a header into the pavement outside the Superdome after the '04 New Orleans Bowl. He ended up just scraping up his elbow but it damn near made up for the loss to Southern Miss that night. I'm still laughing about it now over a decade later...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Think it’s because they don’t want students and random people on field.

Should allow the Greeks to bring in the letters prior to kick off and put them up. 

Makes them come in early, and stay till the end to get the letters

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Maybe Southern Miss isn't a big name, but in two weeks, UNT will still be competing to stay in first place in the West Division. Social media accounts need to promote that.

Need to be feeding tweets about the stats, standings Etc to coaches, players, UNT accounts.. Time for us to give them the tools to promote the team.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1

4 hours ago, vpackrats said:

Dale Hansen might not have time to mention UNT.   Too busy using his allotted time for ridiculous and grandiose "Dale Hansen editorials" instead of sticking to actual sports.

I think if you think UNT students watch Dale Hansen I think you are very disconnected  to student life.  Especially the undergraduates that are usually more engaged in recreational student activities. A Dale Hansen would be nice but definitely not impactful to students.  Just like the NT Daily a nice mention but is the message really reaching the students?

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

This game is a "Keeping up with the Jones's" opportunity. I willing to bet UTSA will travel well for this one. So it's a great chance to show them what we are made of. 

I do not think the Greeks are the way to get butts in seats. At least they are already tailgating. 

The kids we need there are the ones going home to Plano and Arlington for the weekend instead of staying in Denton to go to the game. 

Some thoughts:

• Social media blasts talking about the game being a battle for first
  • A "green out" or "black out" game with legit shirts for everyone in attendance. Not for the first 5-10k. We need 20k awesome shirts. 
  • "Street teams" on campus promoting the game
  • A pep rally with some big alum in attendance. 

Id love to hear more ideas. Again, let's not focus on the Greeks. We need to on the fence kid at the game. 

Also, winning the game will be a nice way to bring them back. 😄

14 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Well maybe not but I know I see a lot of people under those tents with greek letters on them after kickoff.   And plenty of roaming about between them.

That's kinda old news.  The UNT police started handing out underage drinking and PI tickets to the fraternities and their shenanigans have substantially curtailed.  

I can see the area from my seats and it's mostly empty at game time.  I don't know if they're coming in the stadium or not, but they're not partying out on the hill during game time anymore. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrStrange18 said:

This game is a "Keeping up with the Jones's" opportunity. I willing to bet UTSA will travel well for this one. So it's a great chance to show them what we are made of. 

I do not think the Greeks are the way to get butts in seats. At least they are already tailgating. 

The kids we need there are the ones going home to Plano and Arlington for the weekend instead of staying in Denton to go to the game. 

Some thoughts:

• Social media blasts talking about the game being a battle for first
  • A "green out" or "black out" game with legit shirts for everyone in attendance. Not for the first 5-10k. We need 20k awesome shirts. 
  • "Street teams" on campus promoting the game
  • A pep rally with some big alum in attendance. 

Id love to hear more ideas. Again, let's not focus on the Greeks. We need to on the fence kid at the game. 

Also, winning the game will be a nice way to bring them back. 😄

I lived in Blacksburg post graduation. The shirt thing worked well for the "orange effect" game against Maryland. It was literally a sea of orange and very spooky on a Thursday night in October. We need to do something like that. 

• Upvote 1