How old is GMG.com?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. What age bracket are you?

• 18 - 23
    • 24 - 29
    • 30 - 39
    • 40 - 59
    • 60+

We need to bump up the young fans.  Get their energy ideas and passion on board. I found the board while living in New Mexico in the 90s. It was like that first drink of water after being lost in the desert.

GMG

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NM Green said:

We need to bump up the young fans.  Get their energy ideas and passion on board. I found the board while living in New Mexico in the 90s. It was like that first drink of water after being lost in the desert.

GMG

Thing is, let's be honest.  We can be hard on newcomers to this board.  A big part of that is that they will often post things that we've hashed out for years and don't want to talk about anymore.  We probably might ought could endeavor to improve on our welcoming newbies here.  

I'm indicting myself just as much as anybody here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

Thing is, let's be honest.  We can be hard on newcomers to this board.  A big part of that is that they will often post things that we've hashed out for years and don't want to talk about anymore.  We probably might ought could endeavor to improve on our welcoming newbies here.  

I'm indicting myself just as much as anybody here. 

On that note: When I first posted here I started with -6 reputation for a single post. Yet look where I am now. 

Most young people don’t even know this board exists tbh.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I was just thinking about a few different groups: those probably in school, those recently removed, two different groups that are working (maybe it could have been 15/15), and those in/approaching retirement.

i posted this for two reasons, one already touched on above:

1) I speculated this board is not tapping into the younger crowd and is getting old.

2) I Notice when people assume they know what 18 year olds are thinking. Was curious how far removed from 18 years old posters might be

Was just having fun. Nothing scientific

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

I'm curious where the majority of this board is.

If you want to know how old gmg.com is, I found it in 1995. Maybe it has been around for a little longer but those were the very early years of the internet, as invented by VP Gore.

Edited by letsgiveacheer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, letsgiveacheer said:

If you want to know how old gmg.com is, I found it in 1995. Maybe it has been around for a little longer but those were the very early years of the internet, as invented by VP Gore.

Pretty sure Harry had an actual paper newsletter before the internet was a thing.   Rumors mention a series of carrier pigeons before that.  

I found this board and the "other board" way back in early 2000's (2002ish I think)? I remember ordering a hat from FFR  that had the script on it. Couldn't find a decent hat without that god awful Blue & Orange NT symbol? I keep forgetting who the dumbass was that pushed that atrocity through?

Edited by Got5onIt