GoMeanGreen.com Barbershop Podcast #185

Harry

gallery_1_23_481.jpg

This show we talk about the Mean Green Football team's clutch last minute 46-43 win against UAB and the upcoming big contest against Southern Miss.  UNT alums @Evan, @Harry, and @BeyondTheGreen give their hot sports thoughts and mix in some attendance and Abner Haynes talk in this week as as well.  Recruiting guru @TheReal_jayD updates us on the big recruiting weekend as well as his thought-provoking game thoughts and analysis.

http://gomeangreenbarbershop.libsyn.com/podcast/gmgpod185-92717-10-09-pm

• Harry pinned this topic

Thanks, as always, for taking the time and making the effort to make this podcast happen!

I had an observation while listening this morning...

It seemed clear that Ashton was a bit frustrated by some opinions expressed on the board about last week's episode of "Beyond the Green".  I think we all can agree that Ashton will forget more about television/video production and direction than most of the rest of us will ever know and I also think the same can be said for the players/coaches with respect to football.

If an adult who's already had much success and built a noteworthy reputation in his industry concerns himself with the feedback of his work as expressed on GMG, how much more an 18yr old kid working hard to build a reputation as a good representative of the University of North Texas?

Just something to consider as we determine the best way to channel any negative thoughts about the team/program.

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, jdennis82 said:

If an adult who's already had much success and built a noteworthy reputation in his industry concerns himself with the feedback of his work as expressed on GMG, how much more an 18yr old kid working hard to build a reputation as a good representative of the University of North Texas?

Just something to consider as we determine the best way to channel any negative thoughts about the team/program.

These young men are born into Twitter and of football-mindset since middle school/pee wee league.  That means they've been taking coaching and criticism since pre-teens.  I have zero insight into Ashton's mindset or background, but I am amazed how people 20 years younger than myself (I'm 38) can handle all the social noise in their life.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

• Harry unpinned this topic