Baylor

BTG_Fan1

Baylor just went toe-to-toe with a playoff contender, Oklahoma. Of course they're having an off year but UTSA is still a solid team. UTSA and LA Tech still appear to be the realistic contenders to win the west. I'd love for us to be up there but we haven't shown any consistency as a program (players and coaches) for us to be in the conversation. I just hope we can manage to get to 6 wins and go bowling. The only remaining games I see us clearly favored to win are UTEP and to lesser extent Rice. Then FAU and Old Dominion will come down to how much we improve. Southern Miss i just don't think we'll improve enough by when we play them (hope I'm wrong) and then we have Army that has a strong team again and I wouldn't want to go into that game needing W to get to 6.

58 minutes ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

Baylor just went toe-to-toe with a playoff contender, Oklahoma. Of course they're having an off year but UTSA is still a solid team. UTSA and LA Tech still appear to be the realistic contenders to win the west. I'd love for us to be up there but we haven't shown any consistency as a program (players and coaches) for us to be in the conversation. I just hope we can manage to get to 6 wins and go bowling. The only remaining games I see us clearly favored to win are UTEP and to lesser extent Rice. Then FAU and Old Dominion will come down to how much we improve. Southern Miss i just don't think we'll improve enough by when we play them (hope I'm wrong) and then we have Army that has a strong team again and I wouldn't want to go into that game needing W to get to 6.

Who cares if we are favored.. How many games were we favored in last year? The games we were favored, how did we do?

You still have to play the game!

Yes UTSA is a solid team, but we get them and have 2 weeks to prep.. Let us hope we can have an UNT @ Army performance after the bye again... 

21 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Who cares if we are favored.. How many games were we favored in last year? The games we were favored, how did we do?

You still have to play the game!

Yes UTSA is a solid team, but we get them and have 2 weeks to prep.. Let us hope we can have an UNT @ Army performance after the bye again... 

I clearly do care because I'm saying I am favoring us to win those two games from what I've seen so far, not talking about Vegas or any of that. Of course anything can happen and we could end up losing against UTEP and Rice and beating LAT and UTSA but that's less likely to happen based on current performances.

So far Seth's teams (last year and so far this year) show strong potential but then have strong inconsistencies from game to game so who knows what will happen--we could end up conference champs. But if things were to remain unchanged, I'd only see us beating UTEP and Rice with some level of "comfort" but of course things change as the season progresses...I think that's well known.