UAB

BTG_Fan1

A few things...

SL will never get the credit he deserves here and its apparent after this W, don't care if you say it was a sloppy W.. A win is a win, and we still had people complaining after the dominating W vs Lamar... With our history of losing, we need to take any W, and it was done tonite in-front of a large group of recruits and fans.. 

If you think this was supposed to be an easy W you are wrong... For the individuals that say recruiting matters, UAB has had better classes than us both years and even a top 3 class in 2016 with 19 3*... We can say oh they haven't played, but they have been able to recruit, and practice.. We can complain about why is UAB out recruiting UNT but I won't go there.. 

Has anyone given any credit to Special teams??? Huge KR by Johnson, GW FG by Moore, Blocked kick... Special teams won us that game tonite, and the people calling for Perry, you lost out tonite..

Was great to see Brooks out and Jenks replace him.... Murray is terrible, and please in all things UNT.. Parrish be the answer at LT next year...

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, unt_rocket09 said:

Thank you.  A voice of reason. 

How did your guy enjoy the game and recruiting process here at UNT? No idea if you're allowed or able too.. But any feedback positive or negative that needs to be continued/changed would be of a great help to the staff. 

Side note.. Hilarious (and down right pathetic) we have people on here down voting posts such as this one...

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

UAB will beat several teams.  That's a solid team we had behind the woodshed, and let them breathe life back into themselves.  IMO Seth made the wrong call on 4th and short to start the half.  Just punt there make them drive no momentum gained. Instead give their d confidence offense goes and scores and now they're feeling good. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

UAB will beat several teams.  That's a solid team we had behind the woodshed, and let them breathe life back into themselves.  IMO Seth made the wrong call on 4th and short to start the half.  Just punt there make them drive no momentum gained. Instead give their d confidence offense goes and scores and now they're feeling good. 

Agreed, and behind an OL that wasn't getting much of a push at all in short-yardage... 

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Agreed, and behind an OL that wasn't getting much of a push at all in short-yardage... 

I'll give him credit though, he learned from that mistake and took the 3 points later in the half. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I guess I don't mind is going for it on 4th down. We still put them behind the woodshed after UAB scored, but our defense couldn't close the door in the 3rd and 4th. 

P.S. we won a conference game. Let's chill with some of the "sky is falling" bitching. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

Going for it on 4th wasn't the bad part.  Handing the ball off from the shotgun to your back that's standing flat footed when you need just a short gain was what I hated.

I actually favor shotgun runs in short yardage situations. Helps spread the defense...What I don't like is running a counter. Makes it way too easy for the defense to blow up the play in the backfield. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Just like you...a real reasonable poster full of knowledge about football!!

Dont get your panties in a wad b/c you will get completely schooled about any football knowledge.  Im ready when you are

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

How did your guy enjoy the game and recruiting process here at UNT? No idea if you're allowed or able too.. But any feedback positive or negative that needs to be continued/changed would be of a great help to the staff. 

I havent got any nuts and bolts, but wouldnt be surprised to see a commit from 254 posted soon

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I've never been in such a bad mood after a win.  I noticed people walking out after the game were largely silent.  I'm glad for the win.  I don't know what to make of this team and this coaching staff.  I maintain that were I an opposing coach, I would do nothing but long passes down the sideline.  We just can't defend it.  It felt like Dodge 2.0.  The offense was there, but the defense was an afterthought.  I really like SL.  I hope this works out.  But if I'm being completely honest, I just don't know.  It's like you could bring Nick Saban into Denton, and he would start making bad football decisions.  I'm feeling the beat down of years of futility tonight in spite of the win.  

Unrelated, cool as hell to do the Abner Haynes thing tonight.  That was awesome. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I think this is the kind of game that bonds fans to players, and vice versa.

Fans should be a little more realistic about what we have right now. The fans that stayed to the end were on their feet in the last half of the fourth quarter. We collectively slumped after the near-tying score (thankful UAB wasn't going for two, perhaps), and were brought back to our feet with Johnson's kick off return, euphoric with Wilson's final shredding run of the evening (giving keen eye to how he covered up the ball as he went down at the the 10) and had to be settled down for Moore's field goal effort. Few other than KRAM probably noticed this guy was responsible for a perfect snap, http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kel_straubmueller_1022452.html, as Moore delivered. 

I walked out wondering how it ever got that close, replaying a sequence of plays in the second half when I was distracted with guests and club level transfers, but happy that I wasn't miserable.

But mostly, looking down the West sideline from my Section 110 seats, I saw those fans that remained into a game that should have been won long before, helping its team FINISH. And I saw the offense respond. We aren't big and often we are not loud, but this crowd has your back when you need it, boys.

And then I applauded the AD's compromise for post-game fan field access. Good start that may be the only solution needed. Wouldn't have ever gotten there under the previous regime.

Frosty's fries went down well, and I slept peacefully relishing an explosive running game and the number of catches made in stride.

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1