SMU Arky State false advertising

JRock

10 minutes ago, JRock said:

If you haven't heard it yet on the ticket yet, keep a ear out. The SMU Arky State game ad is quite pathetic. They strategically delay the word "state" after they say Arkansas. It's like an ad for UNT saying...."this weekend at Apogee...UNT takes on Texas....................State."

Yeah I heard it today. It was really odd. They also mentioned the fact that Arkansas State was "Really really good".

And I thought we were desperate.

8 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

SMU’s ads are terrible. The one with Mike Rawlings reading monotone from a script is laughable. Doesn’t SMU have the money to get a real advertisement?

I love that ad.  He explicitly says that if he had the ability to get back to Boston College every weekend to watch real football he would...but since he can't, SMU will do

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Yeah I heard it today. It was really odd. They also mentioned the fact that Arkansas State was "Really really good".

And I thought we were desperate.

And they should be desperate.  The ad is down right professional compared to the visiting side conscessions stand being out  of everything including soft drinks by halftime.  Running out of some food items is just unavoidable but dang soft drinks too?  Smh.  And I was considering attending a SMU game when The Mean Green was out of town or on a bye.  But SMU can say bye bye to any of my money till Mean Green takes over Ford Field again in 2019.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

And they should be desperate.  The ad is down right professional compared to the visiting side conscessions stand being out  of everything including soft drinks by halftime.  Running out of some food items is just unavoidable but dang soft drinks too?  Smh.  And I was considering attending a SMU game when The Mean Green was out of town or on a bye.  But SMU can say bye bye to any of my money till Mean Green takes over Ford Field again in 2019.

SMU will never see a dime of my money, no matter if we’re playing there or not.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Heard the commercial today and the delayed "state" is ridiculous. 

Mike, just to show how classy SMU is, here is what their women's golf coach tweeted about our concessions last year. 

North Texas game ops is the worst I've ever seen! Have you ever hosted a game? No signs, long lines, horrible ops!

Just now, THOR said:

and why are you listening to the ticket? hate that station...know it's unpopular, but damn, the station is a beating...

beauab....all that matters this week

forgot a t, but I'll forgive ya because you rock! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, THOR said:

and why are you listening to the ticket? hate that station...know it's unpopular, but damn, the station is a beating...

beauab....all that matters this week

That station is pure greatness, as reflected by ratings and awards they receive. They are the Alabama of sports talk. Every year, there ratings and popularity soar compared to everything else.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1