Sun Herald CUSA Rankings

Cerebus

C-USA’s best teams are in the West, but one squad has found rock bottom

After a three-year run of East Division teams ruling Conference USA football, it appears as if the West is ready to claim its first conference title since 2013.

Louisiana Tech, UTSA (2-0) and Southern Miss (2-1) are all threats to win the West Division and North Texas can't be counted out despite a 1-2 start.

This season will always hinge on giving up 4 touchdowns to Coutland Sutton and having him rub it in your face with an unsportsmanship call. The next week TCU holds him to one catch for 8 yards.  Was TCU's DC that much better than ours? Looks like it! It is apparrent that the SMU series is meaningless to players, students, coaches and most fans. The best thing Wren Baker could do for UNT's image is to buy out that series and never play them again as our lack of ability to compete is no longer disheartening it is a downright embarrassement to fans in the metroplex!!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 15

Just now, DallasGreen said:

This season will always hinge on giving up 4 touchdowns to Coutland Sutton and having him rub it in your face with an unsportsmanship call. The next week TCU holds him to one catch for 8 yards.  Was TCU's DC that much better than ours? Looks like it! It is apparrent that the SMU series is meaningless to players, students, coaches and most fans. The best thing Wren Baker could do for UNT's image is to buy out that series and never play them again as our lack of ability to compete is no longer disheartening it is a downright embarrassement to fans in the metroplex!!

What're you...chicken?

You come here boasting about Dallas and complaining all the damn time and now you don't want to play SMU? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I attended the TCU-smut game game.  Although they did compete for a good portion of the game, SMU just didn't have enough effective firepower.  I keep my eyes on Cortland Sutherland the entire game and he was a non factor.  As the game wore on, I could see a big difference in TCU depth and athletism compared to SMU.  And you know where that puts UNT.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

38 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

yawn, get out of here with that

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

Man! I love hating SMU but I can't wrap my mind around how you think.  I say that not in response to this quote but a summation of everything about SMU you've posted over the years.

• Upvote 2

No one takes a loss to SMU worse than me. I consider that game a WAR not a game. However with our lack of preparation, hiddeous game plan, and bringing a Jr. High band in their shorts and tees, it is evident that this game is not important to North Texas. We certainly don't play it for the guarantee so why keep it to continue the embarrasement of our lack of ability to compete? As Wren Baker stated at a COBA breakfast prior to the SMU game " Never have so many gotten so excited for so little (lack of success)" Be our hero Wren and get us out of this annual whipping!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

37 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

No one takes a loss to SMU worse than me. I consider that game a WAR not a game. However with our lack of preparation, hiddeous game plan, and bringing a Jr. High band in their shorts and tees, it is evident that this game is not important to North Texas. We certainly don't play it for the guarantee so why keep it to continue the embarrasement of our lack of ability to compete? As Wren Baker stated at a COBA breakfast prior to the SMU game " Never have so many gotten so excited for so little (lack of success)" Be our hero Wren and get us out of this annual whipping!!!

SMU's talent is greater than ours...it's really that simple.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

RIGHTFULLY SO UTSA HAS KICKED OUR ASS EVERY YEAR EXCEPT FOR THE1-11

The article isn't about who has kicked our ass every year....

At any rate, not arguing that they're not the best in our league...but if they are that's discouraging for our league.  Not sold on those guys down there yet.  The BU win doesn't mean a whole lot to me.  We shall see.  

13 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

Lighten up, Frances. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

We do not PLAY SMU we just show up to take an anuual whipping while they they then go to Ft. Worth and get the same. If you can't compete then give it up and get down with the bantum weights where you belong!!

AH AH I guess you could get June Jones opinion.