What UAB Fans Are Saying About What UNT Fans Are Saying

AustinFromUNT

6 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Like this? 

http://csnbbs.com/thread-653180.html

They were 0-0 the last two seasons and are sitting at 2-1 this season. Who would they be mad at?

Go check their board towards the end of the season after they've lost to some teams they thought they should beat, or even better look after they have a couple seasons under their belt.

giphy.gif

I'm sure that there will be some, but I don't expect a very large turnout.  It's what, around 700 miles?

To put it another way, how many of your guys come here for a road game?  I suspect that the numbers will be similar.  I have not heard a huge drumbeat rallying the clans to get there.  We travel reasonably well to Southern Miss, say, but Denton isn't a day trip, and it's not an easy two day run either unless you take a plane.

Nod. I spotted that later, but at the time I didn't realize it.  One of those your reporter tells us about UNT and our guy tells you about UAB stories pointed it out.

I think this is really anybody's game.  The team who holds on third down, minimizes turnovers, hits a big play or two, and does not get dumb penalties probably wins... like 90% of football games played.  That's almost as bad as saying the team which scores the most points will win.  It's our first year back and you have more depth, plus UNT is at home, so I have to give you guys an edge based on that.  Get on the wrong side of the above list and that changes fast.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

14 hours ago, UAB Band Dad said:

Nod. I spotted that later, but at the time I didn't realize it.  One of those your reporter tells us about UNT and our guy tells you about UAB stories pointed it out.

I think this is really anybody's game.  The team who holds on third down, minimizes turnovers, hits a big play or two, and does not get dumb penalties probably wins... like 90% of football games played.  That's almost as bad as saying the team which scores the most points will win.  It's our first year back and you have more depth, plus UNT is at home, so I have to give you guys an edge based on that.  Get on the wrong side of the above list and that changes fast.

Thank you for stopping by, and best of luck to you guys from September 24th, forward.  I, like many here and around the country, are glad you guys are back.

• Upvote 5

Thanks.  It's so good to be back.  I was all up in the fight to preserve football, and then to bring it back.  I was standing outside the coach's offices when the players came out crying after the coaches told them that the shutdown was real, and I was still standing outside the locker room when they came out red-faced, crying and steaming mad after President Watts addressed the team.  A lot of us put much effort into getting football (and bowling and rifle) back, and some of us gave very big money as well.

I really couldn't enjoy college football for the last two years.  Watching made me so bitter...  It's good to be back.  We won when our team walked back onto the field a few weeks back.  The record is almost beside the point - but we want the wins too.  Best of luck to you guys (except against us), you seem to be decent sorts, unlike a couple of fan bases I could name. 

Edited by UAB Band Dad
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3

31 minutes ago, UAB Band Dad said:

Thanks.  It's so good to be back.  I was all up in the fight to preserve football, and then to bring it back.  I was standing outside the coach's offices when the players came out crying after the coaches told them that the shutdown was real, and I was still standing outside the locker room when they came out red-faced, crying and steaming mad after President Watts addressed the team.  A lot of us put much effort into getting football (and bowling and rifle) back, and some of us gave very big money as well.

I really couldn't enjoy college football for the last two years.  Watching made me so bitter...  It's good to be back.  We won when our team walked back onto the field a few weeks back.  The record is almost beside the point - but we want the wins too.  Best of luck to you guys (except against us), you seem to be decent sorts, unlike a couple of fan bases I could name. 

Happy for you guys.  Good to have UAB back in the C-USA fold for FB.

1 hour ago, UAB Band Dad said:

This reminds me a little of Paul Blake's Journalism report.  

• Upvote 1