Food in Denton

cdizzle86

16 hours ago, brooks91 said:

Bahamas bucks is a cool shaved ice place off of McKinney (for an alternative to mr Frostys) Step your game up and get the bahama Rama mama and add cream and a scoop of blue bell.

If your doing frozen fruity drinks, i suggest Eskimo Hut!   Same as Bahama Bucks but with the added addition of alcohol.

2 hours ago, jredallas said:

I am so glad you mentioned that place on your list. I haven't been there since the 90s and had totally forgotten about it.  Now, if I can only remember to go there one of these Saturdays this fall.

I do like there burgers and fresh made root beer in a frozen mug.  plus, you can take the back way to Apogee from Frosty''s :)

7 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Metzler's BBQ for sure. Two Denton locations, one on University across from the bowling alley and the other on Londonery just off I-35. Great, large craft beer selections at both locations. Big time UNT supporter as well!

I know the Londonderry location does all you can eat ribs on fridays and sat's but not sure of the University location.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:35 PM, Shark84 said:

Metzler's BBQ for sure. Two Denton locations, one on University across from the bowling alley and the other on Londonery just off I-35. Great, large craft beer selections at both locations. Big time UNT supporter as well!

Since I moved to South Texas 10+ years ago, my in-laws have been so incredibly kind as to bring me a grocery sack full of German meats purchased at Metzlers. 

I live in the middle of German sausage country now, but still contend that Fischer's from Muenster is the finest, most authentic in the entire state and Metzlers carries a wide variety.