Food in Denton

cdizzle86

7 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Rooster's is where I always take people who are new to town. Better than LSA by far. Dick's is also good though.

Rooster's is amazing, LSA is always fun to go to for the atmosphere, and the burgers are pretty good. I'd also suggest Crooked Crust right off campus, it can get cramped easily, but its always a good time going there and its great pizza for pretty cheap too!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cdizzle86 said:

I'll be making the trip from Austin this weekend and it's been years since I've been to Denton. Where should I eat? Family friendly as I'm bring my daughter for her first game. Thanks everybody!

Depends on what you're in the mood for. Our food is amazing, depends on your taste.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

I'll be making the trip from Austin this weekend and it's been years since I've been to Denton. Where should I eat? Family friendly as I'm bring my daughter for her first game. Thanks everybody!

If the weather is somewhat cool (right now, forecasting a high of 92), and you want a neat atmosphere on the square, go to LSA and sit on the balcony.   Then, after you're done, take your daughter to Beth Maries right next door.    Then take her a few shops down to Atomic Candy.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

Breakfast:

Hypnotic Donuts (And the delightful Cultivar Coffee)

Loco Cafe (Hipster food)

Dix Coney (Greasy Spoon diner.  Sometimes indifferent service, sometimes great service.  The fantastic morning after chili cheese omelet no longer on the menu, but still available)

Mexican:

Sabrocita's

Casa Galaviz (A little bit less Mexican, small family owned and hand made flour tortillas that are worth every calorie)

Central American:

Guatelinda Cafe (Pupusas and Chile Rellenos oh my good god)

Sandwiches:

New York Sub Hub

Milkshakes:

Frosty's

BBQ: 

The Juicy Pig (I will ague fervently for this over Bet the House all day long)

Burgers:

Yeah, I ain't even going there.  Burgers are war in Denton

Edited by oldguystudent

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If the weather is somewhat cool (right now, forecasting a high of 92), and you want a neat atmosphere on the square, go to LSA and sit on the balcony.   Then, after you're done, take your daughter to Beth Maries right next door.    Then take her a few shops down to Atomic Candy.

I heard Atomic Candy was closing.  Is that correct?

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

"The Candy Store" on the north side of the Square is closed.  "Atomic Candy" is on the south side and seems to do a brisk business. 

Thanks for the clarification.  I was surprised to hear that because it was always busy and my kids loved that place.

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

We should keep an up to date list of the all the mom and pops restaurants , and  the regional seated service restaurants in UNT/Denton area. Maybe bars as well for the night before, or after an early game. 

Great idea.

1 hour ago, Green P1 said:

Tex Tapas.  Get the calf fries. 

Umm, you know those are balls, right?