Bright spots

Cr1028

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Overall I think our offensive line played well.  They gave up some pressure but for the most part they were left on their own against a B10 defense.  Granted, I don't think that B10 defense is anything to write home about.  

Agreed the OL was better than we had likely expected but Fine still got lit up.. Let's hope Murray can handle CUSA edge rushers, because he got owned by SMU and Iowa (at times)

Just now, Cr1028 said:

Jordan Murray is still getting whipped. RT transfer Mayfield is too slow to hold the edge and Barr keeps committing penalties.

I don't know how many times Barr was called, but it was pointed out one holding he was called for he wasn't blocking anyone, which I hope has a reason and not him missing his block or somethinf

• Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

I thought the line as whole played their asses off , especially Moore.. Can't wait till English is healthy & we can rotate guys even more 

Gotta agree.. the DL is doing what we expected of the DB in terms of being the strongest unit of the defense.. I'm hoping that English can take us to another level in terms of getting guys to play up a level.. 

English will be the heart/soul of this defense once he is back, which they need someone to step up.. we need someone who can make a key play at a key time .

Agree with a lot of this but I don't think the criticism of Barr is warranted. He had two holding penalties and I replayed both plays multiple times. Never saw him holding. 

That crew was horrible both ways. I am assuming a Big 10 crew. 

The ESPN coverage was poor and appeared to be part of the Big 10 Network. Couldn't get Coach Littrell's name correct and just poor overall. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1