DRC: Prediction -- UNT's trip to Iowa will not go well for Mean Green

Brett Vito

4 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Protect Mason long enough to throw deep and get our dynamic guys (Darden, Smith, Johnson, etc.) in matchups on those big LB's where they have to run with them across or down the field.

This is what worries me this week.  Iowa has a DE that, as the announcers during the Iowa/Iowa State game mentioned, is more talented than any player they have recruited at that position.  He has the ability to make Lawler from SMU look pedestrian.  Murray will have his hands full.  

http://247sports.com/player/a-j-epenesa-36208

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Protect Mason long enough to throw deep and get our dynamic guys (Darden, Smith, Johnson, etc.) in matchups on those big LB's where they have to run with them across or down the field.

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This is what worries me this week.  Iowa has a DE that, as the announcers during the Iowa/Iowa State game mentioned, is more talented than any player they have recruited at that position.  He has the ability to make Lawler from SMU look pedestrian.  Murray will have his hands full.  

Makes you wonder if they'll utilize a lot more of the screen game because of that. 

I'm betting Darden and Lawrence get a lot of of work this Saturday

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

"Murray will have his hands full" is true every week

• Upvote 3

Well, here are some random thoughts:

1. We will show up and dress out.

2. We have some quality athletes, just like they do.

3. Their various media quotes that I have read give us a lot of bulletin board material.

4. They seem to be fixated on Pedo State.

5. The ball sometimes takes funny bounces.

6. See David and Goliath.

7. YEAH...there's a chance.

• Lovely Take 1

50 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Beginning to wonder "if", not "when", Chumley will emerge this season or not.

Yeah it's been very odd. I especially remember seeing a lot of Smith at H and Chumley Y in the same sets in fall practice. Maybe they're "saving" him for conference?

Probably not likely, but possible. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

Well, here are some random thoughts:

1. We will show up and dress out.

2. We have some quality athletes, just like they do.

3. Their various media quotes that I have read give us a lot of bulletin board material.

4. They seem to be fixated on Pedo State.

5. The ball sometimes takes funny bounces.

6. See David and Goliath.

7. YEAH...there's a chance.

It's a helluva better chance for us to beat Iowa than the normal Southern Power Team we usually play.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Not exactly sure why, but I think we cover easily. I am thinking 14 points or less. I am hopeful we come out and hit them with wild ass circus on offense and keep the pedal down the whole game. Nothing to lose. No reason to die by 1,000 paper cuts. 

The problem with this lies in special teams play.  We showed nothing last week that we have a Brelan game changing play like against Georgia....i know it's a one game sample, but until it trends upward....

• Upvote 2