Official Iowa Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

The Mean Green are 1-1 now with a beating given and one taken.

Iowa is 2-0 with a win over one of the better G5 offenses (at least, they were last year) in Wyoming, and an emotional OT win VS in-state rival, with their first conference game against Penn St. looming.  If there was ever a "trap game" scenario for the Mean Green to sneak out of Iowa City with a win, this is it.

However,
The Mean Green will likely struggle against the Iowa run game, and their defense will likely be stacking the box to stop Jeff Wilson, forcing us to beat them through the air... something a vastly-inferior SMU defense did, well.

I hate the old adage, "Just get out of there with no injuries and cash the check", but that's exactly what we're looking at here... yet again.

UNT: 20
Iowa: 45

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Iowa QB has not looked all that great passing down field so far. He tends to fumble as well. If we can have no turn-overs and cause a +2 in that category, I can see a 34-37 scenario going either way. 

Where is this coming from?  Nate Stanley is completing 63% of his passes, has thrown eight touchdowns and only one interception, and has a QB rating of 174.

His stats aren't padded by having an FCS opponent either.  Wyoming will challenge for the MWC title this year.  Iowa State is always a hard fought rivalry game, and was played on the road this year.

He threw three TDs against Wyoming and five against Iowa State.  You are kidding yourself if you think QB is a weak spot.

Iowa 52, UNT 6...unless Ferentz wants to get walk ons and third teamers a shot to play in a real game in the fourth.  Then, maybe, Iowa 52, UNT 13.

• Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, PGriffin1986 said:

Where is this coming from?  Nate Stanley is completing 63% of his passes, has thrown eight touchdowns and only one interception, and has a QB rating of 174.

His stats aren't padded by having an FCS opponent either.  Wyoming will challenge for the MWC title this year.  Iowa State is always a hard fought rivalry game, and was played on the road this year.

He threw three TDs against Wyoming and five against Iowa State.  You are kidding yourself if you think QB is a weak spot.

Iowa 52, UNT 6...unless Ferentz wants to get walk ons and third teamers a shot to play in a real game in the fourth.  Then, maybe, Iowa 52, UNT 13.

I agree with your QB assessment.   Seems like a nice game manager for your running game.
I don't know about Wyoming & the MWC title.   That offense just doesn't look the same this year for some reason.  They should have been able to do much better than 27 VS Gardner-Webb.

If you really think we'll only score 6pts against your 1's/2's, you'll be in for a surprise.  If you're just trying to troll the little guy, good job I guess.

• Lovely Take 1

I think the Mean Green are ready to attack and take out their frustration this week.  They will take their nastiest game to Iowa.

Eagles (masquerading as hyenas)                       38

Hawkeyes (masquerading as water buffalo)      35

Here is a preview...

200.gif#5-grid1

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2