Roll call for Iowa?

vpackrats

Pretty random I know because Iowa isn't exactly a hop, skip and jump but is anyone on the board planning on heading up to Iowa City this weekend?  Me and a few guys are heading up there for our 16th annual "paycheck" game / Guy's Road Trip and looking to tailgate and/or hang with any UNT fans on Saturday.  We have only 3 people going this year instead of the usual 7 or 8 cuz, well, it's Iowa.  LOL.  Anyway, if you're going let's do some tailgating!  :)  I can PM you with details ... or vice versa.  GMG!

Yeah, I hear you.  I could easily sell the Great Smoky Mountains in TN to my non-UNT friends for the Tennessee game -- or the beach last year for our game against Florida.  But corn is definitely a harder sell.  (I can say that cuz the wifey is from Iowa).  Next year is Arkansas and the Ozark Mountains -- an easier sell for the casual fan.  Wish we had more diehards!  :)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, vpackrats said:

Pretty random I know because Iowa isn't exactly a hop, skip and jump but is anyone on the board planning on heading up to Iowa City this weekend?  Me and a few guys are heading up there for our 16th annual "paycheck" game / Guy's Road Trip and looking to tailgate and/or hang with any UNT fans on Saturday.  We have only 3 people going this year instead of the usual 7 or 8 cuz, well, it's Iowa.  LOL.  Anyway, if you're going let's do some tailgating!  :)  I can PM you with details ... or vice versa.  GMG!

It may not be the sexiest destination but you will have a great time in Iowa for a football weekend. The nicest people ever and a very passionate fan base, like most of the Big 10 (except Ohio St). 

Me and a couple of buddies went to Ann Arbor two years ago for the SMU/Michigan hoops game and it was great. We were treated very well and their fans were gracious even in defeat. 

Best of luck to y'all the rest of the season. Win C-USA, and I look forward to attending my annual hoops game to the Super Pit. I'm anxious to see what kind of changes your new coach has in store. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, vpackrats said:

Yeah, I hear you.  I could easily sell the Great Smoky Mountains in TN to my non-UNT friends for the Tennessee game -- or the beach last year for our game against Florida.  But corn is definitely a harder sell.  (I can say that cuz the wifey is from Iowa).  Next year is Arkansas and the Ozark Mountains -- an easier sell for the casual fan.  Wish we had more diehards!  :)

The beach....in Gainesville????  You really should look at a map. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1