My Adopted Player, Andy Flusche, Was Robbed

AustinFromUNT

38 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Actually one of the worst calls I've seen since I've been a UNT fan. This was right after we had an INT and could have potentially helped us with momentum.

I received a text immediately after it was overturned from a friend watching that it was an interception and UNT just got blatantly jobbed. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

The ruling was he never had control of the ball.  Total B.S.  He caught it, controlled it and rolled over on his back holding the ball.  A SMU player then slapped the ball out of his hands.  

The other call that stood out to me was the holding call in the end zone that resulted in a safety and nullified a great throw by Fine and catch by, I believe, Lawrence.  The call was on Murray, but the one replay I saw didn't look like a hold at all.

What conference were the officials from?

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The ruling was he never had control of the ball.  Total B.S.  He caught it, controlled it and rolled over on his back holding the ball.  A SMU player then slapped the ball out of his hands.  

The other call that stood out to me was the holding call in the end zone that resulted in a safety and nullified a great throw by Fine and catch by, I believe, Lawrence.  The call was on Murray, but the one replay I saw didn't look like a hold at all.

What conference were the officials from?

Interception, obvious bad all. 

On the replay and in live action I was not able to see a hold. Then I was not able to hear who the call was on. I told a guy that I was speaking with at the game, if that was a hold it was called on an interior linemen because no one on the perimeter was holding. So, IOW, it was a BS phantom call.

To add, both of these horrid calls led to points for SMU. 

Edited by Ben Gooding

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I mean...just to make us feel better...did anyone ever see a replay of the chop-block on Jeff Wilson that negated a big play by Kelvin Smith early on?

I don't remember one on Wilson, but I do remember one on Jordan Murray.   Didn't see a reply of it, but I remember thinking, "How does a 6'9 guy get called for a chop block?  Even if he attempted a chop block, he'd still likely hit the guy in the waist!"  

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't remember one on Wilson, but I do remember one on Jordan Murray.   Didn't see a reply of it, but I remember thinking, "How does a 6'9 guy get called for a chop block?  Even if he attempted a chop block, he'd still likely hit the guy in the waist!"  

I remember the official calling both numbers...isn't that typically the situation where a player is engaged with an OL like Murray and a back comes in too low? 

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Murray was in contact with the defensive lineman, then Wilson comes in low therefore the illegal chop block.

In real time, it did not look like a hold, but after watching a replay, Murray did in fact have a handful of jersey in his left hand.  However, it was more of a letter of the law call versus being an obvious hold.  Did not appear to influence the play imo as Fine was already well outside of the tackle box and away from the area where the hold took place.

The chop block was bang/bang.  I did not see that the OL was actively engaged where his hands were actually on the defender at the time Wilson went low, but probably too close to put up much of an argument.  Wilson has to know better.

The INT call was just a blown call, and after a replay no less.  Just bad.

4 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Actually one of the worst calls I've seen since I've been a UNT fan. This was right after we had an INT and could have potentially helped us with momentum.

Agreed!  The homecooking by this AAC officiating crew was nauseating and the fact that they let the home sideline influence their calls was crazy (toward the end of the game when the momentum of our defenders caused the running back to fall backwards as they blew the whistles.  Have these officials never played tackle football?!  It is a scientific impossibility to instantly stop yourself from falling forward once you have fully committed to a tackle...before the whistle).  The home sideline and crowd starts yelling and then the official throws a flag.  Unbelievable!  Junior high officials would get that call right...as a no call!

• Lovely Take 1

17 hours ago, Big E said:

Agreed!  The homecooking by this AAC officiating crew was nauseating and the fact that they let the home sideline influence their calls was crazy (toward the end of the game when the momentum of our defenders caused the running back to fall backwards as they blew the whistles.  Have these officials never played tackle football?!  It is a scientific impossibility to instantly stop yourself from falling forward once you have fully committed to a tackle...before the whistle).  The home sideline and crowd starts yelling and then the official throws a flag.  Unbelievable!  Junior high officials would get that call right...as a no call!

Yep. There was some home cooking there. Are you sure this was an all AAC officiating crew? I did not think that OOC games could have a crew exclusively from one or the other conference?

The chop block, that took away a big play and killed momentum, was very questionable. It was a bang/bang play. As in the OL had initiated contact, released, and then Wilson took the player out below. Nowhere in the rule book does it state that a player can't be blocked high and low on the same play so as long as it's not at the same time.  

The holding call was a ticky tack call. Holding, by the law, could be called literally every play if the refs so chose. There was nothing blatant about what Jordan Murray did on the play to warrant a holding flag. This play also took away a big momentum play (not to mention a great play) and gave SMU 2 points plus the ball in good field position. 

And of course the interception. A badly needed turnover for UNT a the time...Negated for, just, reasons. Horrid call. 

27 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yep. There was some home cooking there. Are you sure this was an all AAC officiating crew? I did not think that OOC games could have a crew exclusively from one or the other conference?

The chop block, that took away a big play and killed momentum, was very questionable. It was a bang/bang play. As in the OL had initiated contact, released, and then Wilson took the player out below. Nowhere in the rule book does it state that a player can't be blocked high and low on the same play so as long as it's not at the same time.  

The holding call was a ticky tack call. Holding, by the law, could be called literally every play if the refs so chose. There was nothing blatant about what Jordan Murray did on the play to warrant a holding flag. This play also took away a big momentum play (not to mention a great play) and gave SMU 2 points plus the ball in good field position. 

And of course the interception. A badly needed turnover for UNT a the time...Negated for, just, reasons. Horrid call. 

I'm not sure if it was all AAC.  I didn't see the called chop block play from my seat, but I did see that Jordan Murray had good position with his hands on the called holding play.  I couldn't understand how they could call that.  When playing a team like SMU, those are the kind of calls that make a big difference in momentum.  At the end of the day, we just got beat.  I just hate to see numerous questionable calls against us at such critical moments in the game.  There is no doubt, though, that SMU is talented and well-coached. Chad Morris is doing a really good job.  I expect they will have a good year and go bowling this year.

13 hours ago, Big E said:

I'm not sure if it was all AAC.  I didn't see the called chop block play from my seat, but I did see that Jordan Murray had good position with his hands on the called holding play.  I couldn't understand how they could call that.  When playing a team like SMU, those are the kind of calls that make a big difference in momentum.  At the end of the day, we just got beat.  I just hate to see numerous questionable calls against us at such critical moments in the game.  There is no doubt, though, that SMU is talented and well-coached. Chad Morris is doing a really good job.  I expect they will have a good year and go bowling this year.

Will be interesting to see what they can do with TCU.