24 hour rule

Harry

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Everyone is mourning what transpired yesterday but it is time  to move on.  Some of us have been here before.  You dust yourself off and reset your expectations.  Time to move forward.

So the 19 hour rule then. Or if we're counting the conclusion of our domination, then like the 15 hour rule.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Everyone is mourning what transpired yesterday but it is time  to move on.  Some of us have been here before.  You dust yourself off and reset your expectations.  Time to move forward.

Baylor is wanting to hit the reset button. Always have to remember, there is someone out there that has it a lot worse. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Expectations reset to 2015 levels until given a reason to believe otherwise. On the bright side, not going to a bowl game will save me a bit of money.

A little confused how most people predicted between five and seven wins, we take one loss and no longer are going to win a game... lol

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

A little confused how most people predicted between five and seven wins, we take one loss and no longer are going to win a game... lol

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

A game that a lot of people predicted as a loss before the season as well.. 

It's not that we lost. In the little score thread I predicted a loss. 

I don't care that we lose games. We can't win them all. No one hardly does. I care about how we lost. 

There has not been improvement across the board. One could argue that we have regressed or maintained. 

Last year, even in our losses, the 1st and sometimes 2nd offensive drive look promising. We look composed, well called, good execution. Then we sputter off into a oblivious haze. Sound familiar last night? That tells me 1 of 2 things, or both. 

1) Seth L. is scripting the first couple of series with GH during the week, then GH takes over after the scripted series happen. 

And/or

2) Better coaches are adjusting to what we're doing and we keep trying to drive square peg into circle. 

If 1 is happening, as I suspect, SL needs to take over calling plays and kindly give GH his pink slip at seasons end. If 2 is happening, we're in trouble and SL still needs to take over play calling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I don't care that we lose games. We can't win them all. No one hardly does. I care about how we lost. 

There has not been improvement across the board. One could argue that we have regressed or maintained. 

Last year, even in our losses, the 1st and sometimes 2nd offensive drive look promising. We look composed, well called, good execution. Then we sputter off into a oblivious haze. Sound familiar last night? That tells me 1 of 2 things, or both. 

1) Seth L. is scripting the first couple of series with GH during the week, then GH takes over after the scripted series happen. 

And/or

2) Better coaches are adjusting to what we're doing and we keep trying to drive square peg into circle. 

If 1 is happening, as I suspect, SL needs to take over calling plays and kindly give GH his pink slip at seasons end. If 2 is happening, we're in trouble and SL still needs to take over play calling. 

I'll start with, I think you have some decent points. I'll follow that with saying, I think we had a young team play a bad game. Definitely some improvement to me at QB, WR. We've taken a step back at special teams and I think Darden needs to catch every punt from here on out. Line had a couple good series, and when Fine had time, he delivered. I don't think I've ever seen a UNT QB throw for 400+ yards win or loss in my time as a fan. Defense was really good against the run, but got tired because we aren't super deep yet. The game got out of hand, but I think SMU is a better team than we give them credit for. Their DE Lawler and Sutton will definitely play on Sundays, their center and that LSU transfer receiver might as well. This is the toughest stretch of the season, but I think the conference is wide open. No one has looked particularly good. Utep, Rice are still struggling. I'm interested to see the USM, UTSA game. Army looks beatable. I'm just not ready to fire sale the season, the staff or the team after a bad game. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

R

And/or

Really? 

I thought we lost because our defense gave up 54 points.

5 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

IGotta score points to win in 2017. This isn't your or my daddy's 1960 wishbone + good defense days. We'll be in shootouts much more than not. Wanna win games? Be efficient on O and outscore your opponent. 

We didn't give up that points in any game last year.

If we had scored 32 points in every game last year, we would have been 8-4-1.

If we had given  up 54 points in every game last year, we would have been 0-12.

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, casual fan said:

We didn't give up that points in any game last year.

If we had scored 32 points in every game last year, we would have been 8-4-1.

If we had given  up 54 points in every game last year, we would have been 0-12.

When an opposing offense starts throwing haymakers, we throw out routes. That was a big issue. Our shots down field didn't come until we were 30 points behind.