The Problem.

MGNation92

Dude I feel your pain but Wren and Seth aren't losers.  Our culture is losery and fan base has all the issues you pointed to I agree....and this was a poor coaching performance...but these dudes are for real.  They have a lot to over come because of the very culture you're talking about...why don't we have money? Because we don't win...why don't we win? Because we don't have money...chicken or the egg?  It's a shit sandwich...but if there's anyone to clean up our sandwich at what we can afford I DO believe in both Seth and Wren.  Tonight sucked but we knew going in that the Ponies were a lot farther along than us.  I'm no blind follower but I believe in this crew.  Give them a bit of time. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6

9 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Dude I feel your pain but Wren and Seth aren't losers.  Our culture is losery and fan base has all the issues you pointed to I agree....and this was a poor coaching performance...but these dudes are for real.  They have a lot to over come because of the very culture you're talking about...why don't we have money? Because we don't win...why don't we win? Because we don't have money...chicken or the egg?  It's a shit sandwich...but if there's anyone to clean up our sandwich at what we can afford I DO believe in both Seth and Wren.  Tonight sucked but we knew going in that the Ponies were a lot farther along than us.  I'm no blind follower but I believe in this crew.  Give them a bit of time. 

I agree. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

12 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Dude I feel your pain but Wren and Seth aren't losers. 

Really? They haven't won crap yet. A 5 win season last year, getting your ass handed to you by SMU tonight. Letting Benford coach his last year. I'm sitting here waiting for Baker and Littrell to prove to me that they aren't losers.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7

27 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

We just got our teeth kicked in by SMU. Point blank. Nothing good came from that game. Offense was bad, defense was bad, special teams were bad. I can forgive that. You know what I can't forgive?

Our Culture. I had the pleasure of sitting next to @SilverEagle during the game and he has hammered it home time and time again.

It is completely astounding that every single person around me, minus Silver, was yucking it up, having a good time, laughing as we got our teeth kicked in. Nobody cheered on defense, except for the band. Nobody stood up, nobody cared. The man next to me(who apparently was an associate AD under RV from 03-09) told me "I will make you move if you continue to be negative" L O FREAKING L. Hey buddy, we're down by 21 and you want me to be positive? No. This team was terrible, this staff was terrible, and they need to be held accountable. You can't outscheme good players. Guess what? I'm gonna be negative. You know why? Because all this "Well he's trying, we're trying, it'll happen" talk is bullshit. UNT90 is right. Other than the handful on this board, nobody gives a shit. This program is a joke, and Seth Littrell and the University of North Texas just bent over and took their pounding, and the UNT crowd loved it. I've discovered that my caring is clearly not going to work.

We have a losing team because we're losers, we have a losing culture, and nobody wants to change it. They just want to watch football and drink beer. 

You want me to donate money to this money pit? Show me you give a damn, until then you can suck a fat one. Wren, Seth, Fans, I don't give a shit. Clearly nobody else does

Complacency is cancer, and UNT Athletics is Stage 4 terminal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ UNT athletics summed up to perfection 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

Really? They haven't won crap yet. A 5 win season last year, getting your ass handed to you by SMU tonight. Letting Benford coach his last year. I'm sitting here waiting for Baker and Littrell to prove to me that they aren't losers.

Wren already showed us last year what he thinks of sub .500 winning.  He gave SL MORE money for winning FIVE games.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

We just got our teeth kicked in by SMU. Point blank. Nothing good came from that game. Offense was bad, defense was bad, special teams were bad. I can forgive that. You know what I can't forgive?

Our Culture. I had the pleasure of sitting next to @SilverEagle during the game and he has hammered it home time and time again.

It is completely astounding that every single person around me, minus Silver, was yucking it up, having a good time, laughing as we got our teeth kicked in. Nobody cheered on defense, except for the band. Nobody stood up, nobody cared. The man next to me(who apparently was an associate AD under RV from 03-09) told me "I will make you move if you continue to be negative" L O FREAKING L. Hey buddy, we're down by 21 and you want me to be positive? No. This team was terrible, this staff was terrible, and they need to be held accountable. You can't outscheme good players. Guess what? I'm gonna be negative. You know why? Because all this "Well he's trying, we're trying, it'll happen" talk is bullshit. UNT90 is right. Other than the handful on this board, nobody gives a shit. This program is a joke, and Seth Littrell and the University of North Texas just bent over and took their pounding, and the UNT crowd loved it. I've discovered that my caring is clearly not going to work.

We have a losing team because we're losers, we have a losing culture, and nobody wants to change it. They just want to watch football and drink beer. 

You want me to donate money to this money pit? Show me you give a damn, until then you can suck a fat one. Wren, Seth, Fans, I don't give a shit. Clearly nobody else does

Complacency is cancer, and UNT Athletics is Stage 4 terminal.

Yeah.  I sat top 1st level behind the goal post. No one else literally around me (7-8 rows in all directions) cheered except for 1 dude for like 1 quarter. When I can hear me by myself doing that dumb humming/scream on 3rd down and I catch looks, that's a monumental program. I sat there a few moments tonight pretty much telling myself that this is the best it can get and to choose to stick around I'll just have to go numb it all and zombie out to games or just pack up shop. 

2 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

He gave a coach in no danger of leaving a raise and an extension 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. And for the one's who say it was to "restructure"...uh, uh, BS. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

I will say one thing, I saw the talent on the field tonight. NT has the athletes, SMU is not better across the board and should've never beaten this team by the end of the 3rd qtr the way they did. 

Not arguing with you, but from what I saw, SMU had the better athletes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

The smut players that we couldn't block or tackle. Those guys.

Was Fine even sacked tonight? When the defense doesn't respect the pass, you're not going to run the ball very well. I just think the coaches didn't put these kids in a good position to win tonight. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Silent Eagle said:

Yes. Multiple times. 

Mason Fine had ample time to throw the football tonight. The OL did a good job. The OL was good in all aspects, IMO. You can't run the ball against a wall. It hit a point very early in the 2nd half we were forced out of running altogether. But Mr. Dink and Dunk in the press box didn't force the out of the defense. We still passed, with yardage success, and SMU didn't budge because ineffective yardage is meaningless. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

That monster culture, the meaningless excuse for everything.  Funny, that it seems the more that is done at NT to improve athletics, the more rants about the losing culture.  

I am also amazed that someone as intuitive as you don't  realize that yucking it up as you put is it; is often a sign of extreme displeasure.  I wonder about someone who complains about the conduct of a fan who spends the time and money to support the team by going to a game.   To say that such fans don't care about winning is just stupid.  

This was a very disappointing game for all fans, yuckers and those like you who behave like real fans.    Frankly, I hope all fans stay with the program.  I have never understood the logic that withholding support is going to help the program.   There are thousands of ex-NT fans who have deserted the program because of lack of success.   I fail to see how that has helped anything at NT.    

The culture argument is dumb. I'm not sure how a fan who paid money to go see us on the road and is yucking it up has anything to do with a kid who can't catch a punt. Or why that fan is the problem. 

We're losing, it's frustrating and I get people want to point fingers at different things. But our problems over the past fifteen years (25 years?) have been leadership, coaching, and recruiting. And the bad decisions those in charge have made in those areas. Period. 

As far as yucking it up. When Trilli was here all we did was shoot the breeze during the games. Hard to stand up and cheer when you're immediately down double digits. I'm only speaking for myself but I never thought I was the problem. I kinda assumed Helwig and Trilli were the main problems. Who knew? 

Edited by meanrob
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1