GoMeanGreen.com Barbershop Podcast #182 Audio Link

Harry

gallery_1_23_481.jpg

This show we talk about the Mean Green Football 2017 opening game win at home against Lamar and preview a big contest against the SMU Ponies in Dallas with @Evan, @Harry, @TheReal_jayD and DRC Beat Writer for UNT @Brett Vito.  Also mix in some Apogee crowd and concession talk in as as well.

http://gomeangreenbarbershop.libsyn.com/barbershop-podcast-182

7 hours ago, Harry said:

gallery_1_23_481.jpg

This show we talk about the Mean Green Football 2017 opening game win at home against Lamar and preview a big contest against the SMU Ponies in Dallas with @Evan, @Harry, @TheReal_jayD and DRC Beat Writer for UNT @Brett Vito.  Also mix in some Apogee crowd and concession talk in as as well.

http://gomeangreenbarbershop.libsyn.com/barbershop-podcast-182

Two quick notes:

1.  Maybe I just need to give in and change my name from "UNT 90 Grad" to "UNT Grad 90".   😉

2.  Giving credit where credit is due, I pulled the potential 500th win stat from this ESPN article:  http://es.pn/2wtJPlW.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Two quick notes:

1.  Maybe I just need to give in and change my name from "UNT 90 Grad" to "UNT Grad 90".   😉

2.  Giving credit where credit is due, I pulled the potential 500th win stat from this ESPN article:  http://es.pn/2wtJPlW.

It's a wonder we're still above .500 after the RV years.  It just shows how consistently good we were in the past.

28 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

@Evan, you're absolutely right about the NORTH - TEXAS chant.    The cheerleaders tried to do it once, and they failed miserably because they waited too long to get it going.  By the time they started it up, the players were literally starting to line up to play.  Ridiculous.

It's better when it happens organically...when we are on defense.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It's better when it happens organically...when we are on defense.  

No it's not.  
When it happens "organically" it starts with some drunk dude in one section yelling "NORTH!" as loud as he can, then another drunk dude in the next section over starts yelling "TEXAS!"  Then, you have 2 sections, right next to each other participating.  No one else knows how to jump in, and it generally fizzles out with the drunk guy that started it, being the final one to stop yelling "NORTH!" while high-fiving his buddies because he started it man!!   I've seen it "organically" happen this way a lot.

If we want it to work correctly, we need it to be lead by people who are supposed to lead.  They just need to "lead" it better.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No it's not.  
When it happens "organically" it starts with some drunk dude in one section yelling "NORTH!" as loud as he can, then another drunk dude in the next section over starts yelling "TEXAS!"  Then, you have 2 sections, right next to each other participating. No one else knows how to jump in, and it generally fizzles out with the drunk guy that started it, being the final one to stop yelling "NORTH!" while high-fiving his buddies because he started it man!!   I've seen it "organically" happen this way a lot.

If we want it to work correctly, we need it to be lead by people who are supposed to lead.  They just need to "lead" it better.

Generally agree with your comment, but the part I put in bold made me laugh.  It is two words.  If you can't figure out how to jump in, I question your ability to get to Apogee, find your seat, pee without getting it all over yourself, get dressed in the morning, etc....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Generally agree with your comment, but the part I put in bold made me laugh.  It is two words.  If you can't figure out how to jump in, I question your ability to get to Apogee, find your seat, pee without getting it all over yourself, get dressed in the morning, etc....

So if you faintly hear 2 sections on the other side of the stadium going back & forth with each other...  how would you jump in?

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No it's not.  
When it happens "organically" it starts with some drunk dude in one section yelling "NORTH!" as loud as he can, then another drunk dude in the next section over starts yelling "TEXAS!"  Then, you have 2 sections, right next to each other participating.  No one else knows how to jump in, and it generally fizzles out with the drunk guy that started it, being the final one to stop yelling "NORTH!" while high-fiving his buddies because he started it man!!   I've seen it "organically" happen this way a lot.

This is the way god intended 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Harry pinned this topic
On 9/7/2017 at 8:33 AM, Harry said:

It would b interesting to review RV's winning percentage by FB and BB over his tenure.

In the seasons where we were coached by RV's football hires we are 37-86 (including Littrell). 49 games under .500 at a 30.1% winning percentage.

According to Brett we are 499-497-33 overall, which means we are 462-411-33 in seasons where our football coach was not hired by RV.

51 games over .500 for a 52.9% winning percentage, vs 49 games under and a 30.1% winning percentage.

Which makes one of the last things RV said on the Barbershop podcast even more ridiculous, when he said that coaches he interviewed were saying things along the lines of "Coach, why are they mad at you? North Texas has been getting its butt kicked for years."

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• Harry unpinned this topic