WOW! Dems completely caved on the DACA issue. I did not see that coming in the recent budget negotiations. Interesting strategy...I thought they were all about DACA and would stand their ground.  Nope...caved big time. Wow!

What now?

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

15 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Such a line of b.s.  That is the lazy way out.  Play the race card and sit on it until people get tired of hearing it and shut up.

Kaepernick just provided funding to a cop killer.  He may have good intentions but he is a fool in the manner he is carrying ojt his "mission."

Huh?

What about my post was "playing the race card"?

It is what it is, I know I won't change anyones mind here, I used to have the same views many on this forum. But I was 17..

When I got out in to the real world and actually gained some perspective I learned there is a huge difference in growing up caucasian and growing up as a minority.

But I guess that's all just BS...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Huh?

What about my post was "playing the race card"?

It is what it is, I know I won't change anyones mind here, I used to have the same views many on this forum. But I was 17..

When I got out in to the real world and actually gained some perspective I learned there is a huge difference in growing up caucasian and growing up as a minority.

But I guess that's all just BS...

Your comment: "You don't want them here because you don't share their skin color, plain and simple as that."

I would say that is the race card, plain and simple, and it is a B.S. statement.  Not sure how you missed that since I put it in bold. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Your comment: "You don't want them here because you don't share their skin color, plain and simple as that."

I would say that is the race card, plain and simple, and it is a B.S. statement.  Not sure how you missed that since I put it in bold. 

It is the race card, no doubt. The sad thing is he really believes that it's the truth. If he were in the "real world" around actual immigrants, he would know that legal immigrants despise illegal immigration more than anyone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It is the race card, no doubt. The sad thing is he really believes that it's the truth. If he were in the "real world" around actual immigrants, he would know that legal immigrants despise illegal immigration more than anyone. 

LMAO

Okay guys..

I will stick to the sports forums this is asinine.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

WOW! Dems completely caved on the DACA issue. I did not see that coming in the recent budget negotiations. Interesting strategy...I thought they were all about DACA and would stand their ground.  Nope...caved big time. Wow!

What now?

A lot of what the GOP (and Fox) claims about Demos is not exactly true.... however on this issue it is not over.... the agreement  to not shut down is not a long-term agreement.  The Big issue here is the GOP has lately not consulted or worked with the Democrats at all... They just do what they want when they can. Congress should represent America  not just some party... You need to remember also the Democrats got more popular votes in the last Presidential election.. They should remember that also... . 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

A lot of what the GOP (and Fox) claims about Demos is not exactly true.... however on this issue it is not over.... the agreement  to not shut down is not a long-term agreement.  The Big issue here is the GOP has lately not consulted or worked with the Democrats at all... They just do what they want when they can. Congress should represent America  not just some party... You need to remember also the Democrats got more popular votes in the last Presidential election.. They should remember that also... . 

Two years is a pretty long time in DC time these days.

Tell me how often the Dems consulted or worked with the GOP during the Obama years again? 

Personally glad to see a spending bill finally passed. The DACA situation will get settled one way or the other as it should. But, closing the govt over that single issue was and will remain a BIG mistake by the Dems. Guess they thought better of that strategy.  Shows the challenges and pitfalls when you are a “one issue” party...even for a short period of time.  Same problem with being a one-issue voter...you are never really happy.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

On 9/7/2017 at 1:12 PM, GTWT said:

We already tax their earnings:

More money is being sent back to Mexico by illegals then what is earned in wages here in the US.  The extra money is coming from the USA tax payers. I saw a study it is costing the citizens of Texas about 1.2 billion for education and health care for illegals children.  

If any of you think that Mexico is going to change you are wrong.  The money coming to Mexico from the US is boom to the Mexican economy.  Mexico gets a deal it gets rid of its poor uneducated people  and sends them here and gets money in return.  That is why Fox is telling the US that we are wrong when he did nothing for them when he was president of Mexico.  I grew up in a border town and i was the minority but never thought about it.  Most of my friends were hispanic and they had no love for the illegals.   

I watched a documentary on the Fusion channel that followed an illegal family in the US.  They knew the immigration laws better then I did.  The plan is to have an anchor baby and when the anchor baby is able to bring in family members they will do it.  Hard to feel for them when they know the law.  If we would not give financial support to anchor babies I bet the attraction here would slow  down.  Just make it a law that one parent has to be at least a US citizen. The family were not bad people but knew who to use the system.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

On 2/10/2018 at 11:15 PM, UNTLifer said:

Then please explain how your "skin color" comment is not playing the race card?

I'm white, I live in Texas in a small town and I work in the construction industry..

I'm not playing the race card I'm simply calling it how I see it. It blows my mind more of you don't see things the same way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 2/10/2018 at 4:39 PM, Rudy said:

LOL okay pal

I mean I work with both legal and illegal immigrants on a daily basis, I know good and damn well about the hardships they face and how they feel about people entering the country illegally or legally.

Tell me more about how I'm not in the real world though please..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I'm white, I live in Texas in a small town and I work in the construction industry..

I'm not playing the race card I'm simply calling it how I see it. It blows my mind more of you don't see things the same way.

Maybe it is an issue you are experiencing in the small town where you work. Applying that to everyone is wrong. I live in west Texas and my staff includes Hispanics, Asians, African Americans, Whites, Males and Females...all that I have hired. You comment about disliking people because of their skin color is extremely short sighted. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Maybe it is an issue you are experiencing in the small town where you work. Applying that to everyone is wrong. I live in west Texas and my staff includes Hispanics, Asians, African Americans, Whites, Males and Females...all that I have hired. You comment about disliking people because of their skin color is extremely short sighted. 

You're right there are exceptions to every rule, but what I posted still holds true for the majority of white Texans..

I'm done posting in this forum though, GMG!

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 5

17 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

You're right there are exceptions to every rule, but what I posted still holds true for the majority of white Texans..

Sorry you feel that way.  Stereotyping is part of the problem and why a lot of things never progress.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Another satisfied non-UNT sports forum customer. What a great board feature!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, UNTLifer said:

This reminds me of Roy Moore’s  wife bragging about one of their lawyers being a Jew. 

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/11/2018 at 9:09 AM, GTWT said:

Do you have a source for this amazing datum?

conomic costs of illegal immigration

Issues

Between 40 and 50 percent of wage-loss among low-skilled Americans is due to the in-migration of low-skilled workers. Many American workers lose their jobs through unfair competition. An estimated 1,880,000 American workers are displaced from their jobs every year by immigration and the cost for providing welfare and assistance to these Americans is over $15 billion a year - FAIRresearch.

Immigration is a net drain on the economy; corporate interests reap the benefits of cheap labor, while taxpayers pay the infrastructural cost. FAIR research shows "the net annual cost of immigration has been estimated at between $67 and $87 billion a year. The National Academy of Sciences found that the net fiscal drain on American taxpayers is between $166 and $226 a year per native household. Even studies claiming some modest overall gain for the economy from immigration ($1 to $10 billion a year) have found that it is outweighed by the fiscal cost ($15 to $20 billion a year) to native taxpayers."

$60 billion dollars are earned by illegal aliens in the U.S. each year. One of Mexico's largest revenue streams (after exports and oil sales) consists of money sent home by legal immigrants and illegal aliens working in the U.S. Economists say this will help Mexico reduce its $17.8 billion defecit and may bolster the peso. $10 billion dollars are sent back to Mexico annually, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, reported in an Associated Press article, up $800 million from the previous year. ($9 billion dollars were previously sent back annually, according to a September 25, 2002 NPR report). That figure equals what Mexico earns annually from tourism. This massive transfer of wealth from America - essentially from America's displaced working poor - goes directly to Mexico. 

For more information, see this m

Southsideguy,

What you said was, "More money is being sent back to Mexico by illegals then what is earned in wages here in the US."

The essay you copied above says, " 60 billion dollars are earned by illegal aliens in the U.S. each year. ..... $10 billion dollars are sent back to Mexico annually, "

You see the disconnect?

According to your essay for every $6 earned $1 is send back to Mexico.  I'm surprised it isn't more. 

By the way, could you provide a link to the source of that essay?

Edited by GTWT