Players who caught your eye tonight vs. Lamar?

Harry

True Frosh Tony Krasniqi  recorded the first sack of his career.  

True freshman running back Evan Johnson made his debut Saturday, rushing for 98 yards.

Redshirt freshman running back Nic Smith made his Mean Green debut, for 101 yards and scoring his first two touchdowns, one rushing and one receiving.

Sophomore wide receiver Michael Lawrence scored the first touchdown of his career on a 44-yard pass from Mason Fine in the second quarter.

Junior wide receiver Quinetin Jackson caught his first career touchdown pass on his first career reception, a 31-yard toss from quarterback Mason Fine to put North Texas up 14-0 in the first quarter.

11 hours ago, Harry said:

True Frosh Tony Krasniqi  recorded the first sack of his career.  

True freshman running back Evan Johnson made his debut Saturday, rushing for 98 yards.

Redshirt freshman running back Nic Smith made his Mean Green debut, for 101 yards and scoring his first two touchdowns, one rushing and one receiving.

Sophomore wide receiver Michael Lawrence scored the first touchdown of his career on a 44-yard pass from Mason Fine in the second quarter.

Junior wide receiver Quinetin Jackson caught his first career touchdown pass on his first career reception, a 31-yard toss from quarterback Mason Fine to put North Texas up 14-0 in the first quarter.

The running back depth is impressive. WR too, especially once another sophomore Rico Bussey is back in lineup. Good news is that most of those guys have 2-3 years of eligibility remaining.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

12 hours ago, UNT86 said:

How about my adopted player #21 Nic Smith? 

First Freshman to rush for 100 yards since Jamario in 2007.

I tried telling y'all dude was gunna be a freak.

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Remasters caught my eye, when the guy was on the field he seemed to be everywhere.  He made a lot of tackles and had the pass interception.  He seemed to be really quick.

*LeMasters? I coached him for a season of basketball his sophomore year.  He was a hard nosed kid who just worked his butt off.  Not very good at bball lol I text him from time to time and remind him.  He always replies, Coach you know I can ball!" 

• Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I tried telling y'all dude was gunna be a freak.

*LeMasters? I coached him for a season of basketball his sophomore year.  He was a hard nosed kid who just worked his butt off.  Not very good at bball lol I text him from time to time and remind him.  He always replies, Coach you know I can ball!" 

spell check got me.

• Lovely Take 1

I would like to see them target Smith and Chumley more, specifically Smith. He's a thick body that presents his numbers well to the QB and has soft hands. 5 or 6 targets a game at minimum would be ideal. Force defenses to change their defense to allow more and bigger lanes for our talented running back corp. 

With the pieces this offense has, if play called to our favor, could be very dangerous. 

Defense was called very manila last night as well, but that's to be expected given the opponent paired with next weeks opponent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

LeMasters caught my eye, when the guy was on the field he seemed to be everywhere.  He made a lot of tackles and had the pass interception.  He seemed to be really quick.

He had a slow start, but after he got comfortable, he really made some plays. Our future looks bright at LB. 

• Lovely Take 2