BREAKING: Lamar game may "possibly" be cancelled per Lamar HC

Harry

26 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Seriously? I didn't think Beaumont got hit that hard? WTF

Not yet.
It's   S  L  O  W  L  Y   moving that way though.  By Thursday, it'll likely be dumping the same amount of water Houston is getting now on them.

EDIT:  It's actually really starting in on them today.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Not yet.
It's   S  L  O  W  L  Y   moving that way though.  By Thursday, it'll likely be dumping the same amount of water Houston is getting now on them.

EDIT:  It's actually really starting in on them today.

It will almost be out of Louisiana by Thursday. By tomorrow afternoon it should be east of that area. 

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

If WB says that the Lamar admin is saying it should go on, then it (likely) will.. 

Im assuming if Lamar backs out of the game then they don't get a check or they would have to refund it.. 

my guess is, the Lamar HC is trying to get his admin to move the game back since the lack of practice time and everything.. he doesn't likely want to get destroyed and have that put onto him.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

If WB says that the Lamar admin is saying it should go on, then it (likely) will.. 

Im assuming if Lamar backs out of the game then they don't get a check or they would have to refund it.. 

my guess is, the Lamar HC is trying to get his admin to move the game back since the lack of practice time and everything.. he doesn't likely want to get destroyed and have that put onto him.

He's most likely getting destroyed anyway. No need to delay the inevitable. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

He's most likely getting destroyed anyway. No need to delay the inevitable. 

Agreed, but at least now he can say in interviews that he tried to prevent it and that UNT/Lamar admin forced his hand, instead of just alone blaming it on weather/practice/talent difference 

• Lovely Take 1

8 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Well Isnt it the Coaches fault if the kids arent ready? I know there could be a laundry list of reasons but this rain just started last Friday/Saturday. Distractions, Yes

I would like to agree its the coaches fault since its the first game and they have known about Harvey for a week or 2 now.. 

But again, I'm assuming the HC knows it will be played but this is his way of having a built up excess already for it they get steamrolled...