Seperating conservatives from the alt-right is the first step to cleaner political discourse

Rudy ... You are so right ....... There is a huge difference ... plus those claiming the nut-cake left are typical  Democrats  is just as invalid as claiming all conservatives and GOP are like the the extreme right  and KKK which tends to endorse GOP candidates. .. The real truth ... most people are not actually purely either ... financially I am very conservative ...[ the group controling Washington and Congress since 2001 sure aren't.. national debt is more than triple what it was when Clinton left in 2001 ] and on a lot of social issues I am not so conservative  ,  but on some I am. . .

Conservative pretty much means resists change.... and those that wanted to split with Britain were the  liberals , the Tories were considered conservative ... Those who wanted to allow women to vote , they were liberals .... conservatives opposed that ... and those who supported the civil rights acts in the 60's-70's for racial minorities and women.. they were the liberals ... those that opposed them were the  conservatives  ...   

Again.. almost no one fits each label completely...  That is especially true now of the "statue" issue. "So-called liberal" me (by some here), I oppose most statue removals.. The one placed at the site of a former slave auction.. I get it.. remove it  ( it was) ... General Forrest .. yes absolutely.. he is the founder of the KKK,  a hate group. .. Other than that leave them alone or at least let local people decide.. Most were nothing more than statues to military veterans ... not a monument to slavery. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

financially I am very conservative ...[ the group controling Washington and Congress since 2001 sure aren't.. national debt is more than triple what it was when Clinton left in 2001 ] and on a lot of social issues I am not so conservative  ,  

Kudos.  An intelligent person examines each issue & decides his position on its merits not on ideology or politics.  If you do so you will be liberal on some issues and conservative on others.

Edited by GTWT
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1