Away game ticket help (SMU)

philtex

UPDATE: (Thanks for all the info everyone- I got in touch with the UNT ticket office and we are good to go!)

Sorry for the stupid question: I want tickets to the SMU game, but cannot seem to find any info when I go to the UNT ticket office page. I assumed there would be a block of tickets available in a Mean Green section. The only thing I can find on the site are home game ticket selections. I am sure I am just overlooking a link - can someone help an old guy out and post a link?

(or at least tell me where to order?)

Thanks!

Edited by philtex
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, philtex said:

Sorry for the stupid question: I want tickets to the SMU game, but cannot seem to find any info when I go to the UNT ticket office page. I assumed there would be a block of tickets available in a Mean Green section. The only thing I can find on the site are home game ticket selections. I am sure I am just overlooking a link - can someone help an old guy out and post a link?

Thanks!

Are you a student, alumni or fan?  There is a student ticket package including bus ride available.

If I remember right, purchasing tickets to away games through the university for away games gets a little complex because they prioritize your seating based on Mean Green Club points first.   Therefore when you buy your tickets, you don't know where you'll be sitting until you receive the tickets.  Seems like they could still find a way to handle this online, but they may just want to talk to the purchasers to ensure they are getting their MGC credit if appropriate.  

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I know they're nearly sold out, but John Williams does a hell of a package including bus and beer out of Denton for $40.

Wow. My guy John Williams is 85, continues to score the music for the biggest movie franchises, and is even willing to help out alumni of a school he has no connection to. What a bro. #respect

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, oldguystudent said:

Hi new member dude.  Nice snarky post.  You should probably study up on who John Williams is and what he means to UNT and Denton before you say such things.  

Respect "bro." 

Huh. Guess jokes don't fly as easily on 8 am Monday mornings. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, llaacy said:

Huh. Guess jokes don't fly as easily on 8 am Monday mornings. 

Nah you're good.

His point is that John has been a huge part of the UNT community and has donated a lot of time and resources to support the program. He's definitely one of the more respected alumni/donors around here because of what he does. He's also a really good dude in general. If you're of drinking age, go down to East side and find the big dude with the beard and talk to him. Either there or Oak street drafthouse just down the street. I believe he owns both.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MGNation92 said:

Nah you're good.

His point is that John has been a huge part of the UNT community and has donated a lot of time and resources to support the program. He's definitely one of the more respected alumni/donors around here because of what he does. He's also a really good dude in general. If you're of drinking age, go down to East side and find the big dude with the beard and talk to him. Either there or Oak street drafthouse just down the street. I believe he owns both.

Neat! As a new student, I didn't know that. Thanks for filling me in. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, llaacy said:

Neat! As a new student, I didn't know that. Thanks for filling me in. 

Kinda funny though that Eastside is the same concept as Oak Street Drafthouse. Much like most of John Williams' scores.

10 hours ago, philtex said:

Thanks!

**Hope this site helps: http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081417aaa.html 

It's possible that SMU hasn't given North Texas an allotment yet? If you're ok going through ticketmaster, we sat in the 120's last time.

Edited by Aldo
**If student. Will continue to look for normal tickets
  • Lovely Take 1

Just call.

I got mine after speaking to a representative for about 5 minutes.

You're not going to get your tickets to that game until the week of.

The reason for that, is because they want to give everyone an opportunity to buy the University's allotment (sold as "GA") before returning any leftover, or requesting more from SMU.   I believe that window will close on Friday, 9/1 at midnight.  They'll assign seat placement to all who bought through them via MGC priority points, and then print the tickets and mail them.

• Thanks 1

Called and bought mine today. Rep told me ill get an email in a week where i can choose to pick them up at Apogee or pick them up at SMU on gameday. 

Got a hotel room nearby for a reasonable rate too. Lots of rooms available from quite a few hotels.

Edited by Magic95Fan

13 minutes ago, Magic95Fan said:

Called and bought mine today. Rep told me ill get an email in a week where i can choose to pick them up at Apogee or pick them up at SMU on gameday. 

Got a hotel room nearby for a reasonable rate too. Lots of rooms available from quite a few hotels.

If you don't mind me asking... How much were the tickets?

Was planning on buying tickets for SMU

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

What kind of seats are these? Never been to an SMU game, so im just surprised when they are 35 compared to UNTs 10/15/20 buck seats

It will also be my first time there. Im just happy to be surrounded by Mean Green fans. I was smothered by Gator fans last year in Gainesville and decided to start buying in our visitor section from here on out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

What kind of seats are these? Never been to an SMU game, so im just surprised when they are 35 compared to UNTs 10/15/20 buck seats

Walk up is usually cheaper. But even so, smu is not at an attendance retention to be pricing their seats at that cost. Bad business.  

Smu does have a decent little stadium imo, and a very nice looking campus. You will see why they're able to trick talent into committing there. 

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Walk up is usually cheaper. But even so, smu is not at an attendance retention to be pricing their seats at that cost. Bad business. 

Thats what I figured and debating about...

Do i spend that extra $ on a 35 ticket and some of it go to UNT, or pay less and all of it go to SMU.. 

9 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Smu does have a decent little stadium imo, and a very nice looking campus. You will see why they're able to trick talent into committing there. 

$35 is expensive?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3