Houston area thoughts and prayer

Hope all our Rice and Houston pals are staying safe during Harvey.  This storm is a biatch!!  Things are getting worse every hour in Houston, it sounds like it is turning into a Katrina like situation with flooding all over. I have seen some estimates of 50" plus of rain, that is just unreal. Please stay safe, Owls, and update us when you can

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

First and foremost safety concerns.  But also wondering about Lamar and all football teams down that way.  Could there be impact as in cancellation or postponement?  

Right now seek higher ground.

prayers. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Coach Bill Lewis said:

Hope all our Rice and Houston pals are staying safe during Harvey.  This storm is a biatch!!  Things are getting worse every hour in Houston, it sounds like it is turning into a Katrina like situation with flooding all over. I have seen some estimates of 50" plus of rain, that is just unreal. Please stay safe, Owls, and update us when you can

I'm gonna let you slide on this one Mr. Southern Miss postbot because of the positivity of the post and the fact that my family stays there. I'll be back on your case after the storm passes.

• Lovely Take 1

The coastal bend needs some prayers too. The last few days have been awful. We had to evacuate Portland on Thursday and made it to my brother's place in Pflugerville. The power could be out for another week to 2 weeks, still don't know the status of our home, and our church was pretty much destroyed.  Thanks Harvey.

• Lovely Take 1

All of my family is down in my home town of Dickinson. Everyone of them is stranded where they are, but they are all okay. If Harvey gets back to the gulf and follows the predicted path, things will probably get much worse. Thank you to everyone praying for those down on the coast.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Lovely Take 2

58 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

All of my family is down in my home town of Dickinson. Everyone of them is stranded where they are, but they are all okay. If Harvey gets back to the gulf and follows the predicted path, things will probably get much worse. Thank you to everyone praying for those down on the coast.

my family is very close by in bacliff. definitely understand how your feeling right now. from my understanding they dont have any flooding in their neighbor hood but im worried about the next 2-3 days worth of rain

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

my family is very close by in bacliff. definitely understand how your feeling right now. from my understanding they dont have any flooding in their neighbor hood but im worried about the next 2-3 days worth of rain

I'll be praying for your family in Bacliff. As  everyone from that region knows, nothing like this has ever happened in the Houston area. Although it appears things are getting better right now, this is far from over , and the worst could still be on the way.

"The Rice football team is currently waiting to board our flight from Sydney, Australia, on the first leg of their return from the Sydney Cup football game. Per our original itinerary, we will fly to Los Angeles, arriving at approximately 8:30 am (central) Monday.

Upon our arrival in Los Angeles, we will receive an update on the situation in Houston and evaluate our travel options back to Houston. We will post additional information once we have arrived in Los Angeles."

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082717aaa.html

anyone happen to be in rosenberg?  just came back from there last weekend...mom is buried there and i checked on her grave...vault style in the ground....would hate for the cap to be moved due to the water...may have to go back down there to check....sadly, don't even know the name of the cemetary, just how to get there...just off hwy 36

5 hours ago, NM Green said:

First and foremost safety concerns.  But also wondering about Lamar and all football teams down that way.  Could there be impact as in cancellation or postponement?  

Right now seek higher ground.

prayers. 

My player down there said water has receded on campus, but they're suppose to get another round of storms in the next few days.

• With all the problems that this thing has presented - and will present - the cancellation or rescheduling of ball games is way down on the list of importance.    Having said that I saw the post about the Rice football team being unsure about their travel plans once they reach Los Angeles.    The Rangers and Astros are coming to DFW instead of Houston after their games today and are unsure about their series that is scheduled to start on Tuesday in Houston.  The Houston Texans cannot get home and are practicing in Frisco with their game in Houston on Thursday night maybe being moved.    I hope that Lamar can get out of their area in order to play our game on Saturday but I THINK both teams are open on October 7th so moving the game might be an option if it can't be played this week.  Let's keep all these folks in our prayers and hope for the best.
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, THOR said:

anyone happen to be in rosenberg?  just came back from there last weekend...mom is buried there and i checked on her grave...vault style in the ground....would hate for the cap to be moved due to the water...may have to go back down there to check....sadly, don't even know the name of the cemetary, just how to get there...just off hwy 36

My dad lives in Rosenberg. I don't remember cemetery right off 36 but Davis Greenlawn is right at the corner of 2218 and 59. Is that the one?

30 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

My dad lives in Rosenberg. I don't remember cemetery right off 36 but Davis Greenlawn is right at the corner of 2218 and 59. Is that the one?

it may be the Rosenberg cemetery. never paid attention to the name, just know where to go.

driving down 36, go over a hill above the train tracks and turn left at the light...ya...im really no help...i hope your dad is safe down there

Edited by THOR

10 minutes ago, THOR said:

it may be the Rosenberg cemetery. never paid attention to the name, just know where to go.

driving down 36, go over a hill above the train tracks and turn left at the light...ya...im really no help...i hope your dad is safe down there

I'll bet it's the Gooden Funeral Home and Cemetery.   That's just off 36 just past some railroad tracks.